Double Rearing Horse Tech

Users who are viewing this thread

Ive done this couple times before but never got to record it.
Lmk what you think, ill try to mess around with it at some point. From experience it seems you need to low thrust ahead of the feet of the horse/camel.

Ive done this couple times before but never got to record it.
Lmk what you think, ill try to mess around with it at some point. From experience it seems you need to low thrust ahead of the feet of the horse/camel

Nice find! I've done this on accident a few times but I'd never made the correlation.
Anecdotally, there have been situations in which I'd done much less damage than what I thought the rearing threshold was (I think it is ~25) and managed to get a rear when stabbing low at front legs.

yes everyone knows about this, it only happens when the rider is dumb enough to try to w-w away from a spear instead of turning around
Hey man, I’m just exposing it to the multiplayer scene. I “knew” about it but wasn’t sure about how it really worked. This discussion was to expose it to learn more about how it occurs. Plus contrary to you’re beliefs, you’re not everybody.

Nice find! I've done this on accident a few times but I'd never made the correlation.
Anecdotally, there have been situations in which I'd done much less damage than what I thought the rearing threshold was (I think it is ~25) and managed to get a rear when stabbing low at front legs.
Easiest to use a throwing spear/pila to hit the rear threshold since their 1 hand thrust dmg is = to inf spear 2h dmg(pila/ash 2h dmg is 42 compared to legionnaires spears 35 2h) . Not sure how rearing is actually triggered, it is tied with the horse acceleration I think

I think I heard something about it being easier to do sideways.
If you do a full 360 spin after the fast attack, I think it clears just enough room that the second attack shouldn't glance. It used to be super easy to keep a horse stun-locked like that, but now it's very easy to the horse to just go side-ways out the attack.

I'm pretty sure just going side-ways or doing a full 360 gives you that bit of extra movement speed compared to moving backwards which allows that tiny bit of space to get the attack in without glancing.

Back
Top Bottom