Resolved Double marriage bug

Users who are viewing this thread

WesCarpenter

Recruit
I'm having a bug where the marriage proposal has both the MC and his brother proposed at the same time, and accepting the barter makes the MC the Ex-husband and the brother the husband.

I don't know what made this bug to happen, just had the two conversations with the wished character to marry and nothing else.

4CDF114DDBAEA09529065ABF628168340C2C97AC

I have the same problem but with Aldric in this case (1.0.11), I think it could be solved advancing in the main missions, I will comment if this is so.

Good it seems that this thread has not been very popular, in any case I leave the only option I have found to solve this.

1. Download and install Developer Console as indicated in nexus
2. Run Mount & Blade II from Steam and in the launcher go to the Mods section to activate the Developer Console, start the game.
3. Load a save game in which we want to marry, once inside the game open the console by pressing the ctrl + ~ or ctrl + º keys.
4. In the console type "config.cheat_mode 1" and then "campaign.marry_player_with_hero liena" if you intend to marry Ira, type "ira" instead of "liena" or if you want to marry Phaea, type "phaea" instead.
5. We will be notified that our character has married, so we type in console "config.cheat_mode 0" and save the game.
6. We exit the game and if you want to delete the mod you can go to where you installed it and delete its folder, we start in Mount & Blade II launcher and deselect the activation of the Developer Console, start the game and load the save game.

To consider:

Once we load the game we will see that the skills learned from our wife seem disabled, this was solved for me by having her party dissolved and asking her to join mine. Consider that once your wife's party is removed she will appear the next day in the settlement that is considered your home and only there can you ask her to join your party.

Consider that once your wife's party is removed she will appear the next day in the settlement that is considered your home and only there can you ask her to join your party.

Is there a bug report for that ?
When you disband a party it says that the leader of it will join nearby parties or closest settlement, but they actually go in a random location.
This is a pain for both getting that person back in your party, or even attribute his/her skill and focus points, as you need to disband whole party, go get that character wherever he/she is, add skill points and then redo everything

Same issue here, as a khuzait. My brother Nusun is proposed just below myself when attempting to marry.
Note that the game crashed when I tried launching with the developer console mod, and I didn't find a way to open the console that is now natively in the game, if I understood correctly the message from the mod developer.
So I didn't find a solution.

Same issue here, as a khuzait. My brother Nusun is proposed just below myself when attempting to marry.
Note that the game crashed when I tried launching with the developer console mod, and I didn't find a way to open the console that is now natively in the game, if I understood correctly the message from the mod developer.
So I didn't find a solution.
Hello, sorry for the inconvenience. You can open the console by ALT+"(default console button) command. Please remove the mod files and verify the integrity of the game before doing so. If the crash occurs in an unmodded game please let me know.

Thanks for the answer.
When the bug appeared, I was playing without mods. I only tried the console mod because I couldn't figure out how to open the console.
I can't believe I tried all key combinations with Ctrl but didn't think of trying with Alt ! Thanks.

gr1OoNx.png

And still :
auwMPcT.png

I have no clue why this happened.
Details :
- The problem isn't a crash, because the crash occured when I tried a mod that is deprecated. It's just that my brother wants to steal my wife. ^^
- I only tried and failed one persuasion test for another woman, so I can't confirm if it happens with other families.
- I completed the new part of the questline where our 3 siblings are freed and join the clan, but note that the bug was reported by others before this part of the quest was added.
- Now that I know how to open the console, marrying with the commands mentioned above worked fine.

I always got that, never considered it a bug actually. I simply select myself in the barter window, click on the handshake button to auto-determine the barter offer and confirm. And I am always happily married.

I haven't seen this bug recently, based on 2 successful marriages in v1.0.2
However I either had no brother (Sandbox game) or my brother was already married (normal game), so I wouldn't expect the bug to occur anyway.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom