Double Health

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it can be made but I think you need to do that clientside too. The problem is the health bar, the synchronizing also needs to be done from the game client and agents refresh their health locally if I understand it correctly, the server seems like to be the value giver.

You should just try to set the agent hit points to 200 and then look if the health increased or not, probably the health bar won't be shown or it's bigger than the normal size. I think it won't be shown cause the client doesn't understand "more than 100 health" which would need clientside modding too.

Well, I'm not sure about my answer but I think that's the most logical thing.

If you are releasing a separate module to clients under a different name, you could have any multiple of health you like, but for a server side mod of official PW you should only use the official server setting that makes available double the normal amount of hit points (but not necessarily given at spawn): the module system usage conditions specify that server side changes to PW must be compatible with official clients, which means no visual or logical errors should be caused by changes, such as an incorrect amount of hit points being displayed on the client.

There have probably been a bunch of borderline or incompatible server side modifications done by various people, but I don't have time to continually go around keeping watch and telling people off. If you want to make major changes to existing features rather than add independent features that integrate seamlessly or are not visible on clients, you should release with a different module name.

Shyana said:
Is there a way to increase the health at all? Its hard to play when you get 1 hitted everytime.
You can use the agent_set_hit_points operation on a modified PW server, since it is synchronised by the game engine, but the only way you can trigger the agent_set_max_hit_points operation with a PW compatible sever is by using the official server option, since it is not automatically synchronised.

Incidentally, your supposed problem of "getting 1 hitted every time" is probably caused by giving out large amounts of easy money, and storing money and items forever: after a short build up period nearly every player will be using top tier weapons constantly, unlike when playing PW as it is designed.

Shyana said:
Whats the maximum the health can be set to?
As an exact value, it depends on the troop and max hit points multiplier set; as a percentage (the way most PW scripts deal with it), 100, for a 100% full health bar.

shyana your issue is HP is being saved as zero when a player logs off when they are dead, and restoring that stored value when they rejoin, meaning fully armored players are being killed by a horse bump.

to fix this either write a script that stores HP at whatever percent you want when a player dies, or do a check in the "on_url_response" area where HP is assigned from the database making sure the stored value in the database is greater than zero before running the script.

as for double or extra HP, use the option vornne provided in his example config.  you can edit the spawning percentages in the scripts.

Back
Top Bottom