Double Bit Axes

Users who are viewing this thread

Would love to see throwable double bit axes.
Low range, high damage. A bit of a novelty since 1 would take up a weapon slot but I think they could be pretty fun
double-bit-axe-in-a-tree.jpg

Any weapon should be launchable.
The velocity should be inversely proportional to the mass and the damage, taking into account the throwing technique, should depend on factors such as moment of inertia, mass of the weapon, angular velocity (rotation) and linear velocity.
After that the damage to objects (such as shields) should be proportional to the uneven distribution of mass and inversely proportional to the impact area.
After that, the thrower must face the consequences of throwing it.
So either he brings a spare or he gets it on the battlefield.
It doesn't matter if the throwing of a sword is "not historically accurate" or "implausible" or even "useless" (I agree that it often would be), because as long as it is not "physically impossible" and therefore remains possible, then it should be allowed to do so. and the mechanics should be inserted.

The velocity should be inversely proportional to the mass and the damage, taking into account the throwing technique, should depend on factors such as moment of inertia, mass of the weapon, angular velocity (rotation) and linear velocity.
After that the damage to objects (such as shields) should be proportional to the uneven distribution of mass and inversely proportional to the impact area.
It doesn't matter if the throwing of a sword is "not historically accurate" or "implausible" or even "useless" (I agree that it often would be), because as long as it is not "physically impossible" and therefore remains possible, then it should be allowed to do so. and the mechanics should be inserted.
Indeed, Chivalry has this and it's awesome, i love to finish an enemy throwing my weapon at him or do it as a last resort thing, nothing best than to see the dude impaled in a spear or two-handed sword you launched at his face lol

This got me moist. The thought of launching shields/weapons/ammo, at your enemies as a last ditch effort to possibly stun/delay your opposition sounds like a great way to add some variety to combat.
If throwable equipment is not being seriously considered then I guess TW is focusing on more important things.
Right…?

Indeed, Chivalry has this and it's awesome, i love to finish an enemy throwing my weapon at him or do it as a last resort thing, nothing best than to see the dude impaled in a spear or two-handed sword you launched at his face lol
I would like to make a clarification.
One of the consequences of throwing the weapon should be that if the enemy has lamellar or plate armor, and the weapon does not have the proper properties and does not carry much energy, the thrown weapon will not penetrate the armor.
Chivalry has the flaw that the armor is made of paper mache.
Even bannerlord currently has this problem and it is due to a simple state of affairs:
All of the model's hurtboxes are also armor slots, so they can be covered with armor, and there are no hurtboxes that can't be covered with armor.
If instead of 5 hurtboxes we had 15, of which 10 armor slots and 5 are not, then, aware of the fact that 5 hurtboxes are not protected, we could increase the armor value of the armor considerably to the point of making them "realistic and immersive. ", as even the enemy with the best armor can be hit in one of those 5 uncovered hurtboxes.
Obviously those uncovered hurtboxes should be made small, well hidden (such as the armpits) in a manner consistent with the armor worn but still reachable by an attack.
So if you cast your weapon into a face-up hurtboxes (so either one that isn't armor slots, or one that is, but isn't covered in armor), then the damage taken must be maximum.
However, if the weapon reaches a piece of armor, depending on the type of armor and the characteristics of the weapon, the consequences can vary.
This got me moist. The thought of launching shields/weapons/ammo, at your enemies as a last ditch effort to possibly stun/delay your opposition sounds like a great way to add some variety to combat.
If throwable equipment is not being seriously considered then I guess TW is focusing on more important things.
Right…?
I'm in no rush.
I suppose it's as you say, but I don't think it's a complicated thing to do.
In short, an equation of motion, a small animation is enough.
The properties of the weapon are already considered in play (mass distribution, mass and other physical properties).
They don't do it because they are afraid of unbalancing the game.

Even a mechanic linked to a "quick step" should be included in the base and linked to the high ethics skill.
Isn't it important to give the player a movement mechanic to dodge hits?
I'm sending you the link for this quick step, so if you want to comment on it, at least you know exactly what I'm talking about.
NON-SPAMABLE DIRECTIONAL STEP-DODGE new mechanics suggestion

It is true that there are medieval-renaissance manuals which illustrate the throwing of main weapons (great swords - spears) and also that in Chivalry and other games of this kind weapons can be thrown; it is something that is plausible. That said, I don't think M&B is the ideal environment for such "exotic" practices... here's why in meme form:

Guys and gals don't throw your main weapons at enemies... :iamamoron::lol:

---
Of course you can make an item have different uses (become throwable), I have simulated it to make the joke by modifying the uses in crafting_templates.xml.

Back
Top Bottom