Douar-en-Enez Crash

Users who are viewing this thread

I think this is the proper place to post about this, but mods can feel free to move it if they want.

So, most of the problems I've found about the Douar-en-Enez quest are issues with finding the Old Captain at Bebbanburh or finding Beda at Boar Grove. I got past that with no issue. The problem I'm having is during and after the quest. I can set sail with the fleet, no issue. I get through the dialogue to the big sea battle with no discernible issues. Now the fun part...

I don't really have any issues getting through the sea battle. Now and then a sail or other texture just goes black and at that point I know the game has gotten to the point where it won't save regardless of whether I get through the battles.

If I get through the sea battle with no issues, I get to the land battle. I have four ships there, one is on its own to my left and the other three are kind of just glitched together. The land is just a black silhouette against the sky, and the sea is the sky texture but with upside-down clouds. If I look up (towards the top of the masts of the three ships that are glitched together), I can see the enemy soldiers. If I walk around a bit I somehow glitch up to them, at which point I can kill them all if I'm patient. At that point, I can see the Beda's Chronicle message and get back to the sea near Friese, which I assume is the end of the quest.

The problem then: every landmass in sight is black (though I can still see city names on them) and every ship on the sea (including my own) is also just black. The sea itself has retained it's proper texture. If I try to save, save as, or save and exit, it will not actually save the game. I've tried turning down all of the video options to their lowest setting as a way of diminishing the requirements of the game for my computer, but that didn't help. I'm on a 2012 13" MacBook Air. It runs native Warband perfectly fine, as well as any of the Witcher games and things like Sid Meier's Civilization. I've never had issues with any other games on this.

I'm looking for any suggestions of how I can possibly fix this issue. I really enjoy the Viking Conquest DLC (not to mention the fact that I paid for it), so I'd like some way to finish it, if possible.

So, on most forums I've been a part of, it's impolite to bump a topic. Granted, this isn't much of a bump, but I am still going to bump my topic so maybe someone sees it.

Hi Alkara Thelduin,

First of all thank you for reporting you issues, We will try to figure out what is going on...
Then, check this topic https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,334283.0.html There are some Mac/Linux issues with the memory handling of the game. Could you provide the rgl_log, a savagame and what version are you using? Are you using any mod? Any screenshot will be very helpfull as well.

Thanks,
Caesar

Hey! Thanks for the response Caesar. Sorry for my late reply - I saw the reply but haven‘t had much free time over the past couple months.

I think I understand how to get the rgl_log. I assume I just cooy the text from that and paste it here. Is savagame meant to be savegame?
No mods, and I can get back to you with the version in a day or two. What would you like a screenshot of?

Thanks for your time,
Alkara Thelduin

Okay, so I went in through Steam to get the rgl_log, but couldn't find it. Right clicked on M&B > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files > checked every folder and also used the search box to search the entire Mac, found nothing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

How do I provide the savegame?

I've been trying to get back to the point where everything gets really messed up, but at this point it won't even let me past the sea battle. My sail turned black and an enemy ship got stuck where I couldn't get to it. Once I killed myself to end the battle, I tried to load a game but none of my saved games were showing up. When I restart the game they're there.

Okay, so I went in through Steam to get the rgl_log, but couldn't find it. Right clicked on M&B > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files > checked every folder and also used the search box to search the entire Mac, found nothing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
It should be in the game folder. Try to find it, but what we really need is the savegame

How do I provide the savegame?
Upload the savegame to any page you might use to do so and share the link.

Back
Top Bottom