DotA 2 ( Defense of the Ancients )

Users who are viewing this thread

I think restrictive camera (ie. camera being zoomed in) is intentional. If the camera sees too much, then ganking becomes very difficult because the players see too much. It's just like juking people in the trees. It's a lot of micro in tight areas, but it's part of the skill that this game has.

Yes, I already said I understand the reasoning behind that. Somehow I just can't bring myself to accept that, though. I can't help thinking that clunky controls and bad camera just aren't valid gameplay mechanics. It seems to me that Dota 2 carried over too much of its Warcraft-engine legacy. It's as if they deliberately recreated the shortcomings of the old engine when they remade the game in a new engine, which is a bit of a shame, IMO.

Tuckles said:
Their problem is that DotA is an accepted e-sports title. Changing the engine in that way is analogous to overhauling the rules in Football or Handegg.
That's probably why it feels like work. They didn't make a videogame, they made a sport.

I just found a hero that practically guarantees win: Keeper of the Light

I'm quite new to Dota and I have mostly been playing Single Drafts to get to know all the heroes. Most of my games have been learning the new hero and trying to figure out what to do with it. Then I happened to lane against Kotl and noticed how goddamn annoying he is and decided to try it. So far my win-loss ratio with him is 8-2 and both losses were because someone from my team disconnected. I don't know if the players I've been against are especially bad but it feels like picking Kotl automatically wins one lane and shuts 1-2 enemies completely from getting anything.

857879_10151278756476507_1966323929_o.jpg

Wish i was this lucky

Its the newly released visual revamp of Lina (this model was her first artwork, but was never used)

It cost about 28 euros  in the shop, so yeah its one of the rarest items to find as a actuall drop.

It's a new cosmetic item for Lina. Guy got it on day 2, very lucky.

And Ring, it does take maaaany months to become remotely good at Dota 2, but you should just spend some time on looking at all the heroes in the in-game "Learn" and seeing their role and the vague effects of their spells. Then you'll know if they're ranged or not, carry or not, and like Marnid said, you can learn a lot from each match as you'll see 10 heroes. Over some matches you'll be at a much better level of understanding than you think. It does take effort and practice, but it's not that painful.

Oh. Cool, I guess. I wish they had a skin for her to make her look like the Lina from the Slayers anime that she's based on, complete with cel shading and a voice provided by the original voice actress. That would be beyond cool.

Edit: So I took Riki against a bunch of bots again and this time I ended up with 21/2 K/D. I was basically just walking from one enemy hero to another and killing them in a matter of seconds, on my own with no support from the rest of my team. This guy's a total *******, permanent invisibility is just silly. I assume whichever hero is designed to counter this bastard is able to slam him down hard and make him next to useless to compensate for how much he wrecks when he isn't countered.

Tuckles said:
But riki's easy enough to counter with sentry wards and dust of appearance.

This.

Playing Riki against people can be immensely satisfying or immensely frustrating. They either won't counter/don't know how to counter you, giving you free farm as soon as you hit level 6 and very easy ganking opportunities, or they buy sentry wards, dust of appearance, and a gem of truesight and you have to hope you farmed well enough early-game to not need your invisibility in a teamfight. Oh, and you hope they don't pay attention to the map around their sentry wards, because then they'll come gank an unsuspecting you.

If your team is good about counterwarding, though, then you can still be effective (as long as you can avoid enemies that have a gem of truesight, and pay attention for dust).

Just started playing quite a bit... then remembered why I couldn't be bothered with MOBAs.

Step 1, create a Smurf account.
Step 2, expect completely new players to be professional.

Step 3: Skip step 1

Lots of players are unreasonably demanding of others in mobas. Thankfully you can mute them, report them for voice/text abuse, and play with friends so you don't have to deal with them.

At least in others MOBAs I've played, people expected new people to be well... new.

In this, it's like if you're not omniscient, you're a cancerous tumour on humanity..

Tuckles said:
I actually looked at your records Graylord. You were doing quite well as Viper. A little scared against the Leshrac though.

Cheers, and yes, I definitely kept too much of a distance. People keep telling me off for being too ambitious, so I tend to be too defensive in return.

Punishment said:
Dota2_Items_Centaur02.jpg

Iron Man , Centaur edition?

No.

Back
Top Bottom