Siege Domogtul Castle

Users who are viewing this thread

Dejan

Community Manager
siegemap12.png

Please leave all map-related feedback for Domogtul Castle in this thread.
Domogtul-castle-minimap.jpg

Last edited:
these new maps are a improvement compared to the former siege maps, but i dont know if i should call a "bug" but bugs me a liitle that the barricade its too close to the siege tower
11991360CAD3C5FC107F621BA417CCC404E305FA

also i now that this was done due gameplay reasons because that door is a easy way to get the flag but, i guess if instead of an unbreakable door it should be placed an arrow slit
6017DB15F1D05B00D550CAFFE3DA1D5A06E523C5

1D188630278452709F27834E044B6E9B6A94A9C8

I found 15 piles of exploding pots and 11 ballistas inside the castle and I think I might have missed some. Isn't that a bit over the top? I think exploding pots should be placed only near catapults, because of their immense power.

I'm afraid this map heavily favours cavalry and archers due to large open spaces and nice archery spots. Not really room for infantry. I would place more obstacles in open spaces and around flags so cavalry couldn't move as freely as they can now.

Also these two thatch roofs seem quite hollow:

I found 15 piles of exploding pots and 11 ballistas inside the castle and I think I might have missed some. Isn't that a bit over the top? I think exploding pots should be placed only near catapults, because of their immense power.

I'm afraid this map heavily favours cavalry and archers due to large open spaces and nice archery spots. Not really room for infantry. I would place more obstacles in open spaces and around flags so cavalry couldn't move as freely as they can now.

Also these two thatch roofs seem quite hollow:

thse thatched roofs are not objects anymore on all of the maps :grin:

I found 15 piles of exploding pots
:shock:

I hope there is plans to make these a little less stupid then. It's already a strategy of mine when defending on Fen Altai to go up to D and throw all the stones away ASAP because if the attackers get up to there it's impossible to get it back.

It is impossible for attackers to win in this map, based on my anecdotal evidence.
+
until G map is plausible, but G spawn for defenders is very close while atackers need to go through some fort Boyard obstacle course for whole minute just to step into G field which is open and free to defend as cavalry and archers, and is total massacre for any atacking class without a shield

It is impossible for attackers to win in this map, based on my anecdotal evidence.
The trick is to take D and B first by focusing siege tower and ram (and hope defenders don't really pay attention to them). Taking A is basically only possible when the defenders have to divert attention to other places.
That said, for me this is almost the only way attackers can win, I have (I think) never seen A taken first and then a further push into the castle. I'd like attackers to have multiple options at first and one thing that I think would help is to put 2 ladders on the left side of A (looking at the castle), towards C. Now there is only 1 and it's just too slow for attackers to go up and attack C from there. They get picked off 1 by 1 and if there are a couple defenders they can't be overwhelmed by the slow climbing attackers. Putting 2 ladders would make it easier to get up to C and divert attention from attackers, so the siege has better variety potential.

Quite often this map freezes when it gets to team selection screen. It sometimes unfreezes but most of the time it just stays frozen until I ALT F4 and go play something else.

Hello everyone and thank you for your feedback,

There will be spawn point and gameplay adjustments to the map overall with the next patches hopefully.

@Mabons I'll look into it asap.Thank you.

The ballista's are cooked on this map...

Specifically the one above C and D, though there are a few others that are wonky too. Other than that, the map is alright, maybe a little bland. The wooden areas around C are really cool though, and I like the level of verticality there and the interesting areas to fight.

The ballista's are cooked on this map...

Specifically the one above C and D, though there are a few others that are wonky too. Other than that, the map is alright, maybe a little bland. The wooden areas around C are really cool though, and I like the level of verticality there and the interesting areas to fight.

That's a ballista bug that can happen on any map

Fair enough, a couple of the ballista's were working fine so I thought it might be the specific ballista.
Yeah unfortunately it can happen to any ballista. I've also seen ballistas that were somehow turned the wrong way, so they wouldn't cover the area that they're supposed to cover. Like the whole ballista was just turned 45 degrees to the left for some reason

This map is WAY too cavalry oriented. The new maps were supposed to be anti cav, yet all i fight is cav in this map. Sorry but compared to the other new map, this one is dog****. I do no understand why Taleworlds wants to make cavalry the shining warrior of siege. It should be INFANTRY. Sorry about the harsh words, but from my perspective, Ayzul Stronghold was a step forward in the right direction, and as always, this map is 5 steps backward.

Last edited:
Hey @Yukmouth++ thank you for your feedback. There should be some disadvantageous places for cav in this map especially most of the flag points. Yet there will be some changes related to that. Hopefully you will feel better after changes arrives.

Last edited:
Hey @Yukmouth++ thank you for your feedback. There should be some disadvantageous places for cav in this map especially most of the flag points. Yet there will be some changes related to that. Hopefully you will fell better after changes arrives.

Where i find it to be most the case is around the last flag. When the defenders spawn they have to get down the wooden wall, and then there is this huge plain where there is cavs everywhere, + cav can literally JUMP over the wall to the last flag or climb it backward super fast. There needs to be tons of obstacles around there.

Every single inches of the inside of a Castle should be impossible to play as cav, its that simple honestly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom