Siege Domogtul Castle

Users who are viewing this thread

Where i find it to be most the case is around the last flag. When the defenders spawn they have to get down the wooden wall, and then there is this huge plain where there is cavs everywhere, + cav can literally JUMP over the wall to the last flag or climb it backward super fast. There needs to be tons of obstacles around there.

Every single inches of the inside of a Castle should be impossible to play as cav, its that simple honestly
I agree with you, this map is the one that has the most potential for cavalry, whether for attack or defense.
In my opinion preventing a rider from climbing stairs would help a lot, all maps include.

Overall I really like this map. The only black spot I have is this staircase:

Strategically it doesn't make sense. What is the point of the large door, even the small one up on the right if you just have to take this staircase? The attackers can descend on E without taking damage, open the door from the inside, attack F, attack the archer posted on the wall between F and C and they can totally rush the point G and have only one wooden fence to prevent them.

I have a feeling that this staircase was placed there to facilitate the respawn of attackers once they get into the castle. But for defenders who still have all their flags it’s a real disadvantage.

Overall I really like this map. The only black spot I have is this staircase:

Strategically it doesn't make sense. What is the point of the large door, even the small one up on the right if you just have to take this staircase? The attackers can descend on E without taking damage, open the door from the inside, attack F, attack the archer posted on the wall between F and C and they can totally rush the point G and have only one wooden fence to prevent them.

I have a feeling that this staircase was placed there to facilitate the respawn of attackers once they get into the castle. But for defenders who still have all their flags it’s a real disadvantage.

Yes, it doesnt make any sense. It is even worse when the entire second wall of the map is never used because attackers has very easy to pass it. I mean, there is a ballista and hotpots in the wall, and I never saw anybody using it.
That and defenders spawn break the map. They always spawn in top of C, and people dont move from there, leaving D, E and F unprotected. Also, attackers coul use more ladders to take C and D.

Frequently this map ends with no flags captured by the attackers, there is a distinct lack of routes for attackers beyond piling onto A which is surrounded by archer positions. The breachable wall is in the same location as this flag meaning defenders can protect both, and the only other routes are a siege tower, ram, and exposed ladder. The tower and ram very often get destroyed when the server is high pop and the people pushing them killed when low pop. The ladder is a death trap because it pushes the same archer positions covering A.

I think the attackers need a more reliable route to attack on the right side, not just the tower, so a few ladders or maybe a side door, or maybe move the breachable wall over to there.

I gave feedback multiple times specifically on how this map was heavily cav oriented to the devs there when we were invited for testing in the Beta branch, guess no one took it serious :grin:

Hey @hoonii Can you write your feedback here? I am checking this thread very often.

There will be some changes related to Cavalry using mostly inside the castle. But still we can improve that with your feedback also. Looking forward to hear them.

Hey @hoonii Can you write your feedback here? I am checking this thread very often.

There will be some changes related to Cavalry using mostly inside the castle. But still we can improve that with your feedback also. Looking forward to hear them.
Basically what I said was that as attacker cavalry you can get up on the palisade tower so easily and just follow the road while sticking to left and you will end up in G flag in no time.
Also when the breach at the wall on left is breached, cavalry just has open area to run right into inner flags by just going up the stairs by going backwards.
From my gameplay view so far, flag G was always being capped constantly despite flag A still standing. Flag G is open too much.
I will provide media once I can get into a siege server with this map on.

I'm surprised that nobody has adressed the balance issue with this map yet. This map is 9 out of 10 def win with no points lost, adding ladder on D didn't help at all, this map is unbalanced and mostly unwinnable at the early stage of the game.

@Boraltay I dont know if its reported yet but the wooden floor behind G (for defenders) have some problems. The part where it looks like there is a small step does not allow movement (I checked the whole step, from left to right in the picture)

CmglX.jpg

In hindsight it seems that my picture does not capture the problem but hopefully it is helpful; I am right at the problem trying to move forward but failing

Back
Top Bottom