Does Warband Run on an Ultra Wide 21:9 monitor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Llew2

Cheap ass bum
Count
Basically, the title says it. I'm thinking about getting an 34" ultra wide monitor (LG Electronics UC87 34UC87C, to be specific), but I heard a rumor that Warband doesn't work on it, due to resolution problems.

Since I still play Warband on a regular basis, it would kinda suck.

So my question is, does anyone here have an ultra wide monitor, and if so, are you able to play older (non optimized) games such as Warband on it?

(Rambling) I wonder if there's a utility or something that lets you fool the computer into thinking your monitor has a different resolution, thereby sidestepping issues with older games/programs.

Yes, I realize I'll need a powerful gpu to power it, etc. Got that.

Should work on any game made in Directx 9 or higher. If it doesn't work out of the box, someone probably made a tool to make it work on higher resolutions like DSfix for Dark Souls.

The worst that could happen is you have to run the game in windowed mode and drag the window to take your entire monitor, a sort of borderless window mode.

J said:
WideScreen Gaming Forum indicates it should be fine

Thanks J.

One reason I asked is that friend of mine got an ultra wide, but for some reason couldn't run Warband. I just spoke with him again, and it he said might be caused by his SLI setup instead of the monitor, which makes sense since SLI doesn't always play well with older games.

Hopefully soon to be fixed with software level support from DX12/Vulkan. Kinda like the ability to pair AMD and Nvidia cards together on Ashes of the Singularity.

I'll find out how well an ultrawide 1440p runs on a GTX 970 in two days. Should be fun.

EDIT: Yep, runs like a charm. Also, holy ****.  :shock:

Back
Top Bottom