Does the game actually improve?

Users who are viewing this thread

With respect this is the kind of thing that Anteaus was referring to. The feature has only been out a week, and by 'out' I mean attached to the beta branch of an Early Access game. Of course it is not going to be working correctly yet or implemented fully - that is the entire point.

Regrettably the forum has turned tribal - black/white, hate/love. Which is just ridiculous frankly. The naysayers on this forum will grasp every tiny issue they can and throw a wobbler about it. This then makes the real and completely valid feedback they have elsewhere on the side burner. Which in turn means everyone who disagrees gets cast as a whiteknight just for having an opposing opinion. The same works in reverse.

I love the game; but I have some significant criticisms which I want addressed - however I can't voice them without it turning into a toxic waste dump of arguing over something petty.
But you realize that you are the one deciding which feedback is or isn't valid, my opinion on prison break isn't valid because its been out for a week? I thought the point of being in the beta branch was to receive feedback about it. Here is my feedback: it sucks. And here's another truth, it won't change at all, and it will stuck like this for months, I can bet anything on that. See I only see you on these forums criticizing others' feedback and critiques all the times, which is why I presume people call you a white knight Axios, and you say you don't voice your "significant criticisms" - that apparently you're allowed to have and do because you're better than anyone else in this forums judging by the way you voice everything - then what do you even do on these forums, attack other people's opinion everytime YOU disagree with them, and minimize their concerns with any excuse you have at hand, here it's because Prison Break only has a week, yeah ok, let's all stay quiet about it people, we shouldn't be concerned because it only has a week.

I think that's exactly what they've been doing over the last months. But I mostly avoid playing the game in its current state so I guess that's why I am not as frustrated as others.
Well, given the current condition and development progress, I would say this is the best stance one can assume.

cglGhVe.png

So what name did you use before?

EDIT:

L5MV1cU.png

I think we have found our man...

Revverie you are supposed to be on a two week temporary ban... I guess we will see what the mods say.

Last edited:
cglGhVe.png

EDIT:

L5MV1cU.png

You are on a two week 'break'.... I guess we will see what the mods say.
So people opinions are now more or less worth depending on if they are some famous Streamer/YouTuber or how long they are active in this forum?

Interesing. So when they announce "Bannerlord 4 - Now really with ingame Banners!" my opinion could be worth something, if I´m still alive then.

Of course I understand that TW has added a newly never known feature before, so they deserve credit for it. They will improve it for sure, like the siege AI, it just will take some time! Like improving the smithing system or adding some diplomancy. This is stuff this is just new, be patient! They´re on it with high priority. Armagan himself has coded the smithing system 24/7 in 2017.

Also this totally random marriage system, everything just needs time. Like in Warband when you were able to give your vassals some basic commands. TW will add it in a better version, I´m sure!

Last edited:
cglGhVe.png

EDIT:

L5MV1cU.png

Axios I find it very ridiculous that when Im having a decent argument with you, instead of answering you pull out this scooby doo level investigation, it kinda shows I was right about you and you have no answer for but to acuse me to the principal lmao. I wasn't hiding at all, neither I was trying too, but man you need to have some little self respect to throw a line like this.
Seriously at this point I consider you are a 5 year old, or at least a manchild trapped in his teenages. I hope you get the help you desperately need instead of throwing your jaws upon us, people that criticize this game every two seconds, and I say this because prior to this we were having a good argument about wether the game was in a good state or not, and instead you made it about yourself... AGAIN. You need to chill out.
DrWvJY0U4AAUlsR.jpg

Argh!!! If it wasn't for Axios and his stupid ego! I mean dog!!!

So a while ago I resigned from playing Bannerlord, since there just wasnt any real big contend coming and it just got repetetive and boring for me. I allways read the patch notes, but 90% of it seems to be bug fixes and 10% minor changes. No matter how much gets fixed, it seems like the amount of bugs isn't getting any less at all. Of course you cant add much new content, if the game isnt even working right in its current state. So is there light at the end of the tunnel or is it still as bugged as it ever was and no new content is going to be added any time soon?
top 10 questions science still cant answer

Also this totally random marriage system, everything just needs time. Like in Warband when you were able to give your vassals some basic commands. TW will add it in a better version, I´m sure!
I though more or less like you in the past, but after reading the opinion of 'decision makers' toke about clan's micromanagement I changed my opinion. They are not going to implement those option, it doesn't feet with the 'idea' of 'what's good for the game'.

IMHO it's very hard to understood what they have in mind, on one side they created a very complex world with many mechanics which are interconnected, something trivial like adding patrols form castles will effect the number of bandits, which will change the wealth of towns and villages, which will effect the commerce/caravan, which etc etc. The bannerlord world is a very complex chain which required a lot of effort to build it.

And now, when you have all these in place then you limit the player freedom to let him just fighting battle after battle, you don't give the tools to enjoy/interact/etc with all these rich features... my fear is that the underlying problem is that if they give the players the tools to influence on the world then his actions will unbalance everything due keep these ecosystem balanced is really difficult, but it is just my guess... maybe there are other reasons that I don't understood to build all these things and then limit to absurd level the player's options.

Axios I find it very ridiculous that when Im having a decent argument with you, instead of answering you pull out this scooby doo level investigation, it kinda shows I was right about you and you have no answer for but to acuse me to the principal lmao. I wasn't hiding at all, neither I was trying too, but man you need to have some little self respect to throw a line like this.

Seriously at this point I consider you are a 5 year old, or at least a manchild trapped in his teenages. I hope you get the help you desperately need instead of throwing your jaws upon us, people that criticize this game every two seconds, and I say this because prior to this we were having a good argument about wether the game was in a good state or not, and instead you made it about yourself... AGAIN. You need to chill out.
DrWvJY0U4AAUlsR.jpg

Argh!!! If it wasn't for Axios and his stupid ego! I mean dog!!!
You need to go back on your break buddy. Nothing about this is a 'decent argument'. We have argued and argued 100x over; I even supported you that South America needs a server. I am not talking to you any further. You got a temp ban - work out your sentence and we can start again when you get back. Don't make Alt-Accounts!

We will see what happens this time. I hope you can come back and we can have a decent discussion in the future. But I am done talking to you right now; and I'm not engaging with you further. This is for the mods to sort out.
That's some uncalled for **** there, Axios. To think of that you were talking about pettiness in your post before that.
It's uncalled for to point out someone has made an alt-account to avoid a ban....?

If it was a real user - I'd be much more inclined to take them on-board; however it's not. It's someone who got banned for spamming abusive threads.

I will gladly discuss with anyone at length about anything to do with bannerlord - As long as they obey the forum rules.

So people opinions are now more or less worth depending on if they are some famous Streamer/YouTuber or how long they are active in this forum?
Dude its Revverie. Don't give me that nonsense. We all know who it is.

So in Summary:

Don't make Alt-Accounts!

psC631H.png

Last edited:
You need to go back on your break buddy. Nothing about this is a 'decent argument'. We have argued and argued 100x over; I even supported you that South America needs a server. I am not talking to you any further. You got a temp ban - work out your sentence and we can start again when you get back. Don't make Alt-Accounts!

We will see what happens this time. I hope you can come back and we can have a decent discussion in the future. But I am done talking to you right now; and I'm not engaging with you further. This is for the mods to sort out.

It's uncalled for to point out someone has made an alt-account to avoid a ban....?

If it was a real user - I'd be much more inclined to take them on-board; however it's not. It's someone who got banned for spamming abusive threads.

I will gladly discuss with anyone at length about anything to do with bannerlord - As long as they obey the forum rules.

Dude its Revverie. Don't give me that nonsense. We all know who it is.

So in Summary:

Don't make Alt-Accounts!

psC631H.png
Axios you can drag this all night long and make guesses about my identity, I seriously don't care, I'm going outside tonight, have a few drinks and meet a few friends, I recommend you do the same.

Axios you can drag this all night long and make guesses about my identity, I seriously don't care, I'm going outside tonight, have a few drinks and meet a few friends, I recommend you do the same.
Dude it's Wednesday night... I am going to bed I've got a project meeting in the morning ?.

I suggest you go chat to the moderators. I have reported your alt-account and this conversation. That's all I have to say.

Dude it's Wednesday night... I am going to bed I've got a project meeting in the morning ?.

I suggest you go chat to the moderators. I have reported your alt-account and this conversation. That's all I have to say.
I can do both things. Now please stop derrailing threads out of your maniac tendencies. Have a good night

With respect this is the kind of thing that Anteaus was referring to. The feature has only been out a week, and by 'out' I mean attached to the beta branch of an Early Access game. Of course it is not going to be working correctly yet or implemented fully - that is the entire point.

Regrettably the forum has turned tribal - black/white, hate/love. Which is just ridiculous frankly. The naysayers on this forum will grasp every tiny issue they can and throw a wobbler about it. This then makes the real and completely valid feedback they have elsewhere on the side burner. Which in turn means everyone who disagrees gets cast as a whiteknight just for having an opposing opinion. The same works in reverse.

I love the game; but I have some significant criticisms which I want addressed - however I can't voice them without it turning into a toxic waste dump of arguing over something petty.

The game could be released tomorrow - it doesn't make a difference; Taleworlds will still be working on it for years to come. Though frankly I doubt we will see a full release for another 2-3 years; they would be silly to drop the 'protection' of EA until they are actually ready.
At what point does the faith end? I had great faith in TW the first 6 months of EA but it is nearly 100% gone. Based on everything else we have got during EA what gives you the feeling this will be more? Have they expanded any feature beyond the original implementation? Sure they add some things but come on, eventually a feature needs to be more than skin deep.

That rebellions, could be great to use with civil wars or claimants. TW has indicated it is feature complete. Smithing, price fixing and done. I hope I am wrong and will eat crow if they revisit and expand these but I won't hold my breath.

The pass TW keeps getting will stop, most those positive reviews are "the game will improve, it's still in EA, they are a small company." And soon, instead of only two of these things being wrong, they all will be wrong.

I love this game, but I am quickly beginning to hate TW.

At what point does the faith end? I had great faith in TW the first 6 months of EA but it is nearly 100% gone. Based on everything else we have got during EA what gives you the feeling this will be more? Have they expanded any feature beyond the original implementation? Sure they add some things but come on, eventually a feature needs to be more than skin deep.

That rebellions, could be great to use with civil wars or claimants. TW has indicated it is feature complete. Smithing, price fixing and done. I hope I am wrong and will eat crow if they revisit and expand these but I won't hold my breath.

The pass TW keeps getting will stop, most those positive reviews are "the game will improve, it's still in EA, they are a small company." And soon, instead of only two of these things being wrong, they all will be wrong.

I love this game, but I am quickly beginning to hate TW.
Yeah, I don't trust the release to have positive reviews, but probably by that point good mods will improve the experience so much people will end up liking it anyways, just like in Warband.

Right. I am not really expecting any big new features to be introduced, in fact I don't think that they should do that. They should fix the basics, which have been semi-broken since day one. Although at this point I am starting to lose hope that even that will happen.
Mainly because the last ones, children education, loot the city we conquered and the Prison Break are almost nothing. If they don't have nothing really useful to add its better to improve what it's wrong and fix the problems.

And now, when you have all these in place then you limit the player freedom to let him just fighting battle after battle, you don't give the tools to enjoy/interact/etc with all these rich features... my fear is that the underlying problem is that if they give the players the tools to influence on the world then his actions will unbalance everything due keep these ecosystem balanced is really difficult, but it is just my guess... maybe there are other reasons that I don't understood to build all these things and then limit to absurd level the player's options.
This is a mystery to me too. One possible answer is that they see player-requested features like party commands as cheats that would make the game easier, instead of merely "unbalancing the world". Developers may care about keeping the level of challenge they had in mind by avoiding cheaty features and plugging exploits.
But who knows, really. Maybe it's just irrational dislike of certain kinds of features covered up by "not part of our vision".

One possible answer is that they see player-requested features like party commands as cheats that would make the game easier, instead of merely "unbalancing the world". Developers may care about keeping the level of challenge they had in mind by avoiding cheaty features and plugging exploits.
It definitely does make BL mega-easy when you have full party control.

It definitely does make BL mega-easy when you have full party control.
It still doesn't make rejecting QoL-like features fully justified. Instead they need to look for ways to balance back the difficulty by clever design.
Now if some clever forum user succeeds in creating such design and proposes the suggestion back to the devs, they might listen.

It still doesn't make rejecting QoL-like features fully justified. Instead they need to look for ways to balance back the difficulty by clever design.
I thought that too: it should probably cost influence to go ordering around other parties and such. But then I remembered that if players don't chain-pound enemy armies and settlements constantly, they won't have very much influence. So it puts stress on one of the grindier and least-fun systems in the game.
Now if some clever forum user succeeds in creating such design and proposes the suggestion back to the devs, they might listen.
Someone already did. The end result was they still said no.

I thought that too: it should probably cost influence to go ordering around other parties and such. But then I remembered that if players don't chain-pound enemy armies and settlements constantly, they won't have very much influence. So it puts stress on one of the grindier and least-fun systems in the game.
Which might lead to the question - how to earn influence in a fun and not grindy way. Board games? :smile:
(This whole influence currency was probably snagged from TLD - I think we had ordering people around by spending influence too.)

Back
Top Bottom