Does the design of armor affect damage taken? Or only the armor rating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Zoomdude44

Recruit
Do you guys know if only the armor value matters or if damage is also changed by where on the armor they are hit? for example, if a body armor is sleeveless, will hitting the arms be like no armor? and if a helmet has cloth around the neck, is the neck reduced armor vs a helmet with chainmail on the neck?

@Zoomdude44 It's strictly math. Game is going to make a numerical check against rating based on which part of the body is hit. In the example you provided above, neck and head would be the same and damage would be reduced based on your head armor.

The armour design is mostly taken into account when they assign armor rating, i.e armors with bare arm have less arm armor. There are some weird ones out there, but mostly reasonable enough I feel.

So right now if i chose a helmet with nothing on the neck it weighs less than a helmet with the same armor rating but something on the neck. So based on what you guys are saying, is it better to go with less covering armor because it weighs less? and is there a way to test out these things?

There is no neck armor even on armors that have something covering the neck, yet you can hit someones neck and it will register as neck instead of head. So im wondering if maybe thats a hidden value?

Back
Top Bottom