Does the Bannerlord map make sense, when compared to that of Warband?

Do you mind that the map doesn't seem to line up with the map from Warband?

• Why, yes I do!

• Nah, not really.

• I would like some fidelity, but ultimately I don't swing either way.

• I only want to kill those raiders and drink from their skull.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

The Battanian kingdom is based within a giant caldera of a super volcano.
A super volcano, that due to tectonic shifting, is now creating a volcanic mountain next to Rhotae. Why else would there be a giant solo mountain in the middle of plains?

This obviously erupts between Bannerlord and Warband. a massive blast that levels Battania, and western empire entirely. wiping out cities across the entire continent, and flattening entire mountain ranges. Changing the course of rivers.

In the end it was not iron that ends the Empire, its fire.

That would be an interesting idea. It would certainly explain why the Western Empire, once verdant, looks bleak and barren in Warband.

The only reason I can think of is that the main story (the artifact you try to figure out the story of) is a magical item that can twist time and space itself. Obviously after the history in bannerlord something happens which alters everything. The mountains which were all over calradia in bannerlord clump together somehow and settle in one big mountain area in the Rhodok lands. Due to less mountains the wind blows too much for the trees and there becomes bigger grasslands. Also everyone dies, and new people move in and call some of their cities things that they heard that some cities were called in the old days.

This! I was first inclined to vote "Why, yes i do!" But if I imagine a little more fantasy in it, then yes.
Maybe someone found the genie lamp and wished there would be less water and mountains in the world.

i would like to see a map rework the placements are just off it's seems wrong to me but they have bigger things to work on right now and changing the map now would set back development so maybe later down the track maybe they could make a change

I would like a bit more fidelity, but honestly it's to "natural geography" that I would like fidelity.
The mountains everywhere are just absurd, the map is really too "gamey" and should rely more on lore.

i would like to see a map rework the placements are just off it's seems wrong to me but they have bigger things to work on right now and changing the map now would set back development so maybe later down the track maybe they could make a change

I think I read awhile back that they wanted to move Sargot back to its original spot further north but that doing so would be save breaking so they wanted to hold off for a large update. Can't remember what my source was on that though. Seems like it would make northern Vlandia very cluttered and leave a big gap on the southern border so I wonder how much else they would move.

I think I read awhile back that they wanted to move Sargot back to its original spot further north but that doing so would be save breaking so they wanted to hold off for a large update. Can't remember what my source was on that though. Seems like it would make northern Vlandia very cluttered and leave a big gap on the southern border so I wonder how much else they would move.

Hopefully if they do that massive change, it would be some time before the full release. 3 months to test out all the completed features with the new map.

The BL map is fine. Devs have much bigger issues and features to attend to. I don't see any reason to spend time changing the map at this point, unless they wanted to add more to it. I would certainly be ok with that. However, I do not think it needs to be rearranged. At this point most of us are used to it as it is, so changing it now really doesn't make sense.

I try to make sense of it with there being far less water in MB than BL, so there was a climatic shift which then resulted in cities migrating. It doesn't fully satisfy me, but it answers some of the problems.

Yeah i remember this aswell, one of the devs said that when they updated the map from the earlier version Ocs Hall and Sargot got switched by accident and they only realized it when the game was alredy released in early access, to change that would break saves now so they are holding it for a bigger update that will break saves noneless.

i hope they do move sargot in a big update it would be exciting it's a pretty funny that they accidentally put a town in the wrong place oh well i hope it gets changed

One thing i noticed when looking on the older maps of bannerlord was how much more sense it made when compared to warband, it seems that in the latest revision of the map they simply moved settlements around without much regard for previous established lore (or the lore they wrote themselves in the description of many fiefs currently in bannerlord, they are all accurate to the old map instead of the new one), even the clan banners over the fiefs were properly aligned in previous version and now they look rushed with the symbols overlaping each other.

YAgFd4K.png
oZXtKN9.jpg
qweGKsO.png
yhn5wZ8.jpg

Last edited:
One thing i noticed when looking on the older maps of bannerlord was how much more sense it made when compared to warband, it seems that in the latest revision of the map they simply moved settlements around without much regard for previous established lore (or the lore they wrote themselves in the description of many fiefs currently in bannerlord, they are all accurate to the old map instead of the new one), even the clan banners over the fiefs were properly aligned in previous version and now they look rushed with the symbols overlaping each other.

YAgFd4K.png
oZXtKN9.jpg
qweGKsO.png
yhn5wZ8.jpg
The second map makes me puke

well looks like they need a v4 because sargot is clearly in the wrong place and i would think they would want a few other changes implemented

YAgFd4K.png
oZXtKN9.jpg
qweGKsO.png
yhn5wZ8.jpg

I agree, it's very obvious they first tried to make a map that expanded on Warband's, and then they changed their minds and moved stuff around.

I agree, it's very obvious they first tried to make a map that expanded on Warband's, and then they changed their minds and moved stuff around.

Indeed, you can see that in the first BL map they had Sunor in Vlandia for example that was clearly old Suno from Swadia, on the next version they renamed it Seanon and gave it to the Battanians who had too few cities but still kept the same general place of "modern" Suno, on the release version of the map they simply moved settlements around and Seanon completely switched places with Hont Seit now Pen Cannoc (but still belonging to the same clan as we can see in the sigils) for.... reasons lol

I'm working on a small personal mod where i realign cities closer to their places in the older world maps, castles in more strategic places and villages in a way that make some sense since they are just spread around the map in ilogical places, far away from their named castles in most places but also leaving lots of empty land in some places that would be perfect for the placement of a village or castle, just trying to make the map make more sense here, if it gets good enough think i'll release it on the nexus or something.

I'm working on a small personal mod where i realign cities closer to their places in the older world maps, castles in more strategic places and villages in a way that make some sense since they are just spread around the map in ilogical places, far away from their named castles in most places but also leaving lots of empty land in some places that would be perfect for the placement of a village or castle, just trying to make the map make more sense here, if it gets good enough think i'll release it on the nexus or something.
If you can do that with the OLD map (much more sensical and closer to Warband), and if possible by opening it up and having Warband-like geography, that would be great !

Last edited:
If you can do that with the OLD map (much more sensical and closer to Warband), and if possible by opening it up and having Warband-like geography, that would be great !

I've seen a concept world map on discord that blew my mind, it looks kinda of a mix between the modern map and the older ones but with geography that actually makes sense (and a bit expanded for newer factions from the lore), i would kill for this map in-game lol

-oLwf.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom