Does the AI still cheat and know every settlements troop numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread

There's no point in even fighting the AI currently as they can muster a fresh new 1200 man army in a matter of in-game days, it makes it pointless tbh, luckily there are mods that make the AI recruit the same way you do, which makes the game more interesting.

Cheating AI is not difficulty, it's corner cutting.

I hope next time Talewords don't do early access, so far it has been a disaster, the modding community is drying out quickly because of the continous updates, it may be picked up again after release or it may not, it's better to just make a kickstarter or funding project where your game is released every 8-10 years, instead of gimping your game with early access.

Without total conversion mods this game will not last long.
As fan of Bannerlod/Warband and mainly Mods I have not noticed decay of modding. Actually opposite due to Major mods like Eagle Rising and so on.

Ai is capable of gaining those man fairly quickly, but My companions do so as well. And don't get me wrong but If u re not running late game with 300-400 elite troops of your own, you must be doing something wrong. At that point I don't even need no army, just tactical awareness which leads to more challenging late game and more fun imo.

Disclaimer: I can't speak for vanilla game, XOXO <3 (but I am mostly running just diplomacy,EA and RBM AI)

I thought this was obvious, the Aserai use magic carpets, the Khuzait use eagles, the Battanians use flying unicorns, the Sturgians use ravens, the Vlandians use teleporting butter to write messages, and the Empire use pigeons.
We sent like 500 ravens...

I think root of all simple AIs and mechanics is reason that they dont want to add anything complex as it would require more patching. They prolly want to keep game simple for now as they fix engine related problems and pathfinding.
They have mentioned several times that they do not pursue certain features or expand on existing features because it would be too complex. After a routine round of making fun of them for yet again saying this or that <insert small feature> was beyond their abilities a dev chimed in to clarify that when they say that, they are not saying it is too complex for them to accomplish but rather they feel it would be too complex for the average player to understand.

I hope next time Talewords don't do early access, so far it has been a disaster, the modding community is drying out quickly because of the continous updates, it may be picked up again after release or it may not, it's better to just make a kickstarter or funding project where your game is released every 8-10 years, instead of gimping your game with early access.
8-10 years would have been lovely, gods we were strong then. ~ Bobby B

As fan of Bannerlod/Warband and mainly Mods I have not noticed decay of modding. Actually opposite due to Major mods like Eagle Rising and so on.
It seems someone missed the whole letters to the developers from the modding community, Bloc leaving in protest etc, etc. The burnout is real, Cheyron is a true casualty of this, in my opinion. Look at what they did to my boy.

I personally have modded multiple elder scrolls titles, fallout titles, total war titles and even on static systems it's a pain maintaining mods, here in Bannerlord it's basically the Vietnam of modding.

Last edited:
I thought this was obvious, the Aserai use magic carpets, the Khuzait use eagles, the Battanians use flying unicorns, the Sturgians use ravens, the Vlandians use teleporting butter to write messages, and the Empire use pigeons.

I too want to see some sort of message system for information or to hire mercs as a player. We should be able to send scouts to areas to see what the enemy has. And I want to nerf the AIs clearvoyance a bit.
Yes please! There was a discussion with @Duh_TaleWorlds about this topic ages ago, a "landline" system where the player, once they establish a kingdom, could send messages by talking to someone at their Lord's Hall.

If you could talk to a minister in the court, and have them send a message to a lord or mercenary clan with an offer to join you, or ask them if there are any issue quests in your lands you could send a companion to deal with...

Then that would take a lot of the boring legwork out of the lategame, and correct a severe imbalance between the player's kingdom - where the king does all the running around contacting everyone personally - and the AI kingdoms, who do all their business telepathically.

This would leave more time for the player to conduct wars of conquest, go around managing fief improvements, trade if they want, complete quests they are interested in, etc. One person having to do all the legwork for the whole kingdom isn't fun.

Last edited:
If you could talk to a minister in the court, and have them send a message to a lord or mercenary clan with an offer to join you, or ask them if there are any issue quests in your lands you could send a companion to deal with...

Then that would take a lot of the boring legwork out of the lategame, and correct a severe imbalance between the player's kingdom - where the king does all the running around contacting everyone personally - and the AI kingdoms, who do all their business telepathically.

This would leave more time for the player to conduct wars of conquest, go around managing fief improvements, trade if they want, complete quests they are interested in, etc. One person having to do all the legwork for the whole kingdom isn't fun.
These are all great ideas for content!

When going around settlements, Lord's Halls, dungeons, taverns and other places TW designed, it leads me to believe there is going to be more content. Otherwise, why would you put forth all that effort to design all those cool places for just what content we have at this time?

I keep telling myself this game has so much potential and there is so much stuff to add to what is already here that it is going to become bigger than "cough" Total "cough" War "cough cough" games "chocking...turning blue and collapsing"...

It seems someone missed the whole letters to the developers from the modding community, Bloc leaving in protest etc, etc. The burnout is real, Cheyron is a true casualty of this, in my opinion. Look at what they did to my boy.
Oh boi, I did something of pro gamer move... I have abandoned game early , to let it bake in oven. Just to be called back by those awsm mods I seen. And my fellas discussing them made me even more wet.

If those major mods die then I will join the "Protestants".
I personally have modded multiple elder scrolls titles, fallout titles, total war titles and even on static systems it's a pain maintaining mods, here in Bannerlord it's basically the Vietnam of modding.
Fair enough. But have u ever been modding game that is in early access with many hotfixes coming on weekly base? (Lets not talk about Elder of scrolls :grin:)

Imo modding community will slightly die out due to many patches coming so often. But in the end of EA..I reckon there shall be boom. In the end, this is SP game (like MP even exists lmao. RIP MP)

But I understand your points. It do be frustrating when something that been promised is not delivered. That's life , you either get frustrated or move on.

Yes AI lord have a spy in youe city they know the troop number of every fiefs
I once see enemy army try to besiege one of my town I happen to be closer and faster than them so I tjink I will wait for them in the town the second me and my troop enter the town enemy instantly change direction.

Back
Top Bottom