Does the AI consider what Fiefs you own when calculating war declaration?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm in the process of taking over all the khuzait land and creating wanderer clans, but Husn Fulq Rebel'd against the southern empire and I went down and sieged it, but now I wonder, will having it increase the chances of Aserai declaring war on me or will it effect S Empire more too/instead because they last held it? Or does it not matter?
I have had no extra wars declared on mew for a considerable time in 1.6.4 and I don't know if I want to encourage a second (or third) one, but having more enemies would let me farm influence. As expected, influence is the main bottle neck in raising wander clans.
@Bannerman Man @SadShogun
Can anyone give me a short explanation as to how/if taking Husn Fulq from rebels effects my chances of having a war declared on me?

And also does attacking the rebels count for aggression in increasing the AI's chance of targeting your faction for war? Or is that mechanic implemented even?

Last edited:
I do know that sharing a border with them increases the chance of having them declare war and I would assume that owning a fief of their culture would definitely increase their chance to declare a war on you.

In both of my latest playthroughs, I've noted a particular hatred between the Vladians and Battanians, to the point where they were almost constantly at war in both campaigns. Balance is pretty good though, except for the Crossbows. They are particularly vicious. I use a Shield Wall to approach but the cavalry hits hard against them on the way in. I out-range them occasionally with my Hero units/Fians but that doesn't always work either. Against Vlandia, I usually win the engagements under 150 men per side, but lose most of the larger engagements involving more of the AI on my side. I believe there is a culture thing going on that makes Vlandia and Battania constantly declare on each other. Aserai and Sturgia can be knocking on their doorstep but they are mostly ignored it seems.

I'm in the process of taking over all the khuzait land and creating wanderer clans, but Husn Fulq Rebel'd against the southern empire and I went down and sieged it, but now I wonder, will having it increase the chances of Aserai declaring war on me or will it effect S Empire more too/instead because they last held it? Or does it not matter?
I have had no extra wars declared on mew for a considerable time in 1.6.4 and I don't know if I want to encourage a second (or third) one, but having more enemies would let me farm influence. As expected, influence is the main bottle neck in raising wander clans.
@Bannerman Man @SadShogun
Can anyone give me a short explanation as to how/if taking Husn Fulq from rebels effects my chances of having a war declared on me?

And also does attacking the rebels count for aggression in increasing the AI's chance of targeting your faction for war? Or is that mechanic implemented even?
IIRC the last version of the changes to "War Declarations And Why" was by Mexxico back in August of this year, but damned if I can find the part of the Anti-Snowballing thread where he detailed them. So I'm doing this from memory, risking trying to help:

Relative Strength of factions matters, a lot. Your ratio of Fief : Clans has a threshold where if you don't have enough clans in faction, you are targeted more. Proximity matters. Proximity by your holding one of their faction's traditional holds matters a lot. Specific strength of a desired war goal settlement matters, as in if too low a garrison for its size/prosperity/security. Low loyalty (now) matters. And lastly, the overall strategic situation matters in that if they are paying you any tribute they are more motivated to declare to get out of payments, or if your faction has expanded and taken lots of settlements they are motivated to try a desperate stand against you dominating the world. And then **I believe** , in a very small way, personal matters. If a faction leader is your friend, it doesn't help much if at all, but... if they hate you to the bone, any Clan leader who can propose war or vote on a War Dec against you will be much more motivated to do so.

IIRC the last version of the changes to "War Declarations And Why" was by Mexxico back in August of this year, but damned if I can find the part of the Anti-Snowballing thread where he detailed them. So I'm doing this from memory, risking trying to help:

Relative Strength of factions matters, a lot. Your ratio of Fief : Clans has a threshold where if you don't have enough clans in faction, you are targeted more. Proximity matters. Proximity by your holding one of their faction's traditional holds matters a lot. Specific strength of a desired war goal settlement matters, as in if too low a garrison for its size/prosperity/security. Low loyalty (now) matters. And lastly, the overall strategic situation matters in that if they are paying you any tribute they are more motivated to declare to get out of payments, or if your faction has expanded and taken lots of settlements they are motivated to try a desperate stand against you dominating the world. And then **I believe** , in a very small way, personal matters. If a faction leader is your friend, it doesn't help much if at all, but... if they hate you to the bone, any Clan leader who can propose war or vote on a War Dec against you will be much more motivated to do so.
Well sounds like war with Aserai is imminent, unless Husn Falq rebels first, which would be good since I already used it to spawn a wanderer party, I'd rather put them somewhere else. However I think it's starting to stabilize.

Here is one reply from mexxico explaining how AI behaviour is triggered by the % of owned fiefs.
LINK

Back
Top Bottom