Does Taleworlds really think this is a finished product???

Users who are viewing this thread

Doofus

Sergeant
August 23rd Taleworlds announced the game going live as of 10/25/2022. That was more than one month ago. There have been no patches released since that time. Does this mean they think they have perfected the game?

Personally, I thought there would be more patches than normal released in the last 2 months before going live and the Devs would be working overtime and burning the midnight oil to get as much fixed as possible. Nothing new at all is a big disappointment.

August 23rd Taleworlds announced the game going live as of 10/25/2022. That was more than one month ago. There have been no patches released since that time. Does this mean they think they have perfected the game?

Personally, I thought there would be more patches than normal released in the last 2 months before going live and the Devs would be working overtime and burning the midnight oil to get as much fixed as possible. Nothing new at all is a big disappointment.
They already showed off bits of the next and final EA patch at Gamescom.

They already showed off bits of the next and final EA patch at Gamescom.
All that was seen was the banners (with stupidly undertuned bonuses) and the fixed jiggling. Admittedly, I'm glad to see the second one, but that's still a lot of problems left with unknown fixed status.

I can't even play it anymore.

They are seriously destroying every last micron of faith and goodwill I had towards them.

I can't even play it anymore.

They are seriously destroying every last micron of faith and goodwill I had towards them.
Without mods like bannerkings or fourberie, game is not worth more than 2 hours playing. There’s much missing but this is probably more a fiancial matter fact than releasing a decent game matter…

Yeah you'd think we'd have seen this release version by now.

Though not much good releasing it now anyways. Even if something is horribly broken, our feedback wouldn't be processed in-time to make a difference. But if they are releasing to console and actually selling physical editions (looks like there are physical copies) then they've got to be printing disc copies by now. Of course this is 2022 so I'm sure a Day 1 patch is inevitable.

I also suspect they may be deliberately holding it back, because I think they know all too well the majority of PC fanbase is displeased. And if most of us are able to play this "release version" and aren't happy with it... well that creates bad word of mouth. Let's not fool ourselves, only thing that matters at this point is selling as many copies as possible to console players. Sure there will be some extra PC sales this October, but I'm sure anyone with even a modest interest in the series bought the game as an EA title already.

Ah well just a month to go and I can make my peace with Bannerlord hopefully.

All that was seen was the banners (with stupidly undertuned bonuses) and the fixed jiggling. Admittedly, I'm glad to see the second one, but that's still a lot of problems left with unknown fixed status.
Yeah you'd think we'd have seen this release version by now.

Though not much good releasing it now anyways. Even if something is horribly broken, our feedback wouldn't be processed in-time to make a difference. But if they are releasing to console and actually selling physical editions (looks like there are physical copies) then they've got to be printing disc copies by now. Of course this is 2022 so I'm sure a Day 1 patch is inevitable.

I also suspect they may be deliberately holding it back, because I think they know all too well the majority of PC fanbase is displeased. And if most of us are able to play this "release version" and aren't happy with it... well that creates bad word of mouth. Let's not fool ourselves, only thing that matters at this point is selling as many copies as possible to console players. Sure there will be some extra PC sales this October, but I'm sure anyone with even a modest interest in the series bought the game as an EA title already.

Ah well just a month to go and I can make my peace with Bannerlord hopefully.
they are probably rushing the fixes as fast as possible and will release what's done to keep patching stuff for years to come... The only thing concerning about it is if they go full rage "PDX DLC CANCER" mode on us and start releasing "paid fixes" instead of actually coming through with the game... The disappointment of getting yet another broken release's not avoidable anymore, unfortunately.

Well, their policy is not to discuss upcoming patch changes on the forums so I expect there will be a lot more.

Well, their policy is not to discuss upcoming patch changes on the forums so I expect there will be a lot more.
Yeah, here's hoping, but I don't believe that even the majority of long-standing issues/missing features will be fixed/implemented. 1.8 fixed about ~10 major issues out of ~65 that existed at the time, as well as creating a new issue (the defection bug). Considering we've been waiting about the same period of time I think a similar result is likely, even with the crunch effect. I'd be happy to be wrong.

Yeah, here's hoping, but I don't believe that even the majority of long-standing issues/missing features will be fixed/implemented. 1.8 fixed about ~10 major issues out of ~65 that existed at the time, as well as creating a new issue (the defection bug). Considering we've been waiting about the same period of time I think a similar result is likely, even with the crunch effect. I'd be happy to be wrong.
Oh, I'm almost certain none of the missing features are going in. But they'll hopefully deal with some of the long-standing and/or most annoying bugs.

Back
Top Bottom