Does Tale Worlds fear their own Community?

Does Tale Worlds fear their own Community?

• Yes, they do.

• No, they dont.

• Wait Mount & Blade great again!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

No, we are probably minions to them. The vast majority of buyers arent in here, and they will never hear what we say. IMO Steam reviews are stronger

They don't fear their community, they just don't understand us and what people loved about their previous games it seems or maybe they do but took the business decision to make the game more "accessible" to increase their sales..

They already got our money, why would they be afraid of anything? Most of them are having the dream jobs, minimal effort, some of them probably aren't even aware of the forums. Only thing people can do now is not buying their products anymore, big deal. I don't think Armağan even cares, he got old. It's the small things that makes me crazy, we're talking about a company which is so out of touch with its' product and indifferent about the most basic details and features which needed to be implemented.

Does TW fear us?
Why would they?

If we say anything particularly spicy, they can delete it. If we try to organize actual collective action against them, it is their forum and they can just stop hosting it. Probably 99% of the people playing aren't reading it, same story for potential buyers.

Most likely the best we can do as forum regulars is annoy some of the more active developers, perhaps make one upset by saying mean things to/about them. Beyond that however, they'll just (IME) shut that kind of stuff down, hard, or begin ignoring the forum entirely.

Neither one is the outcome most people posting here want, that's why I don't do **** like the petty and/or racist insults towards TW.

They have no reason to fear us. Forum dwellers are just a tiny minority of the playerbase, and it's not like we keep giving them money, it's not a P2W mobile game where you want to keep your whales around.

They are not happy that their forum shows their game in a poor light. They have a couple of people here that try to put down some of the fires, but they know they can't please the mob with what they've done, so most of them don't visit the forum at all (although Armagan secretly comes here every few weeks to see for himself).
What they really fear is a Metacritic rating worse than 80 on release.

They are not happy that their forum shows their game in a poor light. They have a couple of people here that try to put down some of the fires, but they know they can't please the mob with what they've done, so most of them don't visit the forum at all (although Armagan secretly comes here every few weeks to see for himself).
What they really fear is a Metacritic rating worse than 80 on release.
too many people mind blown by just the bot v bot fighting to actually be critical about the rest of the game

Why would they?

If we say anything particularly spicy, they can delete it. If we try to organize actual collective action against them, it is their forum and they can just stop hosting it. Probably 99% of the people playing aren't reading it, same story for potential buyers.
With the exceptions of a few individuals, TaleWorlds employees can't actually perform moderator actions on the forum. Aside from Armagan and the two community managers, they're also restricted to specific areas of the forum (like tech support). I can also tell you from looking at the mod log that other than in tech support, they do practically nothing moderation-related on the forum as a whole. In tech support, it's exclusively moving/tagging/resolving threads.

If your posts are getting deleted, it's because a volunteer mod has decided they're against the forum rules. We're held accountable by the community and the community managers, but we've never been told to delete things which are critical of the game or the company. There's a thread that's over 30 pages long essentially calling the entire game a scam, which has been regularly posted in for nearly 2 months, and there's no pressure on the mod team to shut it down. We actually prefer having it open, because it helps to keep claims like that from derailing other threads.

With the exceptions of a few individuals, TaleWorlds employees can't actually perform moderator actions on the forum. Aside from Armagan and the two community managers, they're also restricted to specific areas of the forum (like tech support). I can also tell you from looking at the mod log that other than in tech support, they do practically nothing moderation-related on the forum as a whole. In tech support, it's exclusively moving/tagging/resolving threads.

If your posts are getting deleted, it's because a volunteer mod has decided they're against the forum rules. We're held accountable by the community and the community managers, but we've never been told to delete things which are critical of the game or the company. There's a thread that's over 30 pages long essentially calling the entire game a scam, which has been regularly posted in for nearly 2 months, and there's no pressure on the mod team to shut it down. We actually prefer having it open, because it helps to keep claims like that from derailing other threads.
I'm aware.

I'm saying that the forum doesn't tolerate the **** like obvious trolling, death threats, doxxing, blatant racism, etc. and someone with power removes that kind of stuff, so there's no way that TW is going to be afraid of anything posted here.

Average daily online number seen on this forum is like between 200-500, bannerlord sold more than 2.000.000-5.000.000. So they don't even enter this forum. I think people should stop grumbling here and continue their usual life, no new content will be added. Think this as a experience to not buy anything again from Taleworlds or other game companies which released any early access game.

Back
Top Bottom