Does recruiting clans in your own kingdom work properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Emax

Recruit
I recruited about a half dozen clans, and then over the course of an in game day they all left. Found one right away, spent a bunch of gold to get him back in, then he immediately left again. Went back to an earlier save, spent influence on them, they still all left.

My empire is really expanding and I could use the extra hands, but obviously have to do without if this part of the game isn't working properly.

Did you try raising your relation with these clans to atleast 30+ before having them join?

Usually the clans with high relation to me stays around.

It's a known bug that should be fixed on the next versions. Clans left for no reason after a few days even though you have good relation with them. Giving them fiefs may help but it's broken for now.

It's a known bug that should be fixed on the next versions. Clans left for no reason after a few days even though you have good relation with them. Giving them fiefs may help but it's broken for now.

Ok I suspected as much... the fact that they all left within minutes of each other screamed "BUG".

But where do you find this information, and when is the next version coming?

Unless you're against mods try this:

Are you recruiting minor clans by any chance? I stopped recruiting them completely unless I needed them to join a battle right away, because they seem to leave you within a few in game days, or even within a few hours sometimes. Also I have heard that the more you have to pay a clan to join you the more likely they'll leave. One thing I've noticed though is that if you recruit a clan and give them a castle/town right away they usually will stick around, unless they are a minor faction.

I recruited about a half dozen clans, and then over the course of an in game day they all left. Found one right away, spent a bunch of gold to get him back in, then he immediately left again. Went back to an earlier save, spent influence on them, they still all left.

My empire is really expanding and I could use the extra hands, but obviously have to do without if this part of the game isn't working properly.

I've never had a lord leave but I always make sure relations is 50 or above and either give them fiefs as soon as I recruit them or recruit them while were at war so they bring property with them.

I dont know if it matters but I have positive traits so I recuit clans with positive traiits.

That's my formula: get them land immediately if they dont have a fief, 50 relations, and similar traits as mine. Like I said, I've never had a lord leave.

Last edited:
Hello guys, same here...I cannot really make any kind of "strategy", and even when I get some vassal to stay, even winning battles together and rewarding him with 1 castle and 1 city (T4 clan), as soon as I made peace he left (kindly enough without taking with him my fiefs though) so...no joy for me...And BTW I think could be very useful if Mercenary contracts have a "defined period" (let's say 3/6 in game months) so I can come up with a strategy, and Vassals will periodically send the king a "letter" where they might ask/complain for something, so, if the King doesn't act on tha basis of that letter they will eventually leave the kingdom. See my point? The player will have a notice and a way to fix the problem.

Last edited:
Yeah. I've given clans a castle and then they just leave the next day to join the kingdom we are at war with and take the castle with them :ROFLMAO:

Normal clans seem to stay if you have 30+ relation and have much more power then other factions and they have a fief.
Mercenary clans will dump you no matter what. I even passed the law for the ruler to keep mercs in peace time but they still leave whenever. I would like to permanently hold the kerikhergit and ben zani and jawal. It be really good if there was message system to recruit mercs too since you can never ever ever do anything like track them down if you have a large kingdom.

I've never had a lord leave but I always make sure relations is 50 or above and either give them fiefs as soon as I recruit them or recruit them while were at war so they bring property with them.

I dont know if it matters but I have positive traits so I recuit clans with positive traiits.

That's my formula: get them land immediately if they dont have a fief, 50 relations, and similar traits as mine. Like I said, I've never had a lord leave.

I basically follow the same rules as you.

Get the clan a fief asap and raise relation to a minimum of 30 and I've never had a clan leave my kingdom. I also tend to recruit from kingdoms which aren't steamrolling which may help.

Back
Top Bottom