Does MP work in the Beta Branch?

Users who are viewing this thread

why do you include it in your patch notes then. are you making fun of us? literally the only explanation
Unfortunately, I don't prepare the patch notes.
Might as well push the multi-player changes directly to the stable branch then? How else are people gonna test them ?
As far as i am aware that is the plan. After we see this branch is ready to go.

Can anyone explain what the heck I need to do in order to play the beta branch on sp without affecting my ability to play mp?

Can anyone explain what the heck I need to do in order to play the beta branch on sp without affecting my ability to play mp?

I'm looking for the same thing. It doesn't make since to have two branches for the game if you can only play single-player on the new branch. Maybe only update the single-player side of the game in the beta branch? As it stands right now I have to choose between playing the single-player beta to test the changes or opt out of the beta to play mp. This is counter-intuitive if you want people to actually check out the beta.

well warband sp did not die off after 2-3 months, so not all singleplayer games are like that, in fact i know more people that are still playing the sp than the mp of warband even today (some with mods, some playing native). It was not to late to get the community back together and it is not for bannerlord. there are two kinds of players, those that enjoy singleplayer and those that enjoy multiplayer.

as someone who enjoyed the mass effect series and played all those games multiple times i can tell you now, the mp part is not needed to enjoy a game. in mass effect 3 they had mp, it sucked, i (and many others) still played the singleplayer multiple times, and that was a game with low replayability, warband had a huge replayability factor, i can already see the potential for bannerlord to have the same. just because you cannot enjoy games without a good mp it does not mean that no one can.

Warband was in a different timeline. Much different timeline. The attention span of most gamers is now much, much shorter since there is so many other new games to play, basically ever week, no matter what genre of game you enjoy. Can you quote a recent game that survived a lackluster launch? That managed to recover their playerbase with patch note and new features without a whole new DLC/Launch to bring back up the media and influencers attention to the online scene? I can't.

All I am saying is that TW will release a paid DLC or a multiplayer centered standalone version of the game later down the road to fix the issue and that we will probably be left in the dust until then, because in 2020, that's basically the only way to bring back players. And it kinda suck for us, players who actually bought the game for the multiplayer since it was advertised as also a multiplayer game. The closed beta was literally ONLY multiplayer, so hard for me and many others who couldn't access that closed beta phase to imagine that the multiplayer would release in such a poor state.

I totally hope I'm wrong, btw. I hope they can prove me wrong.

I'm glad you are enjoying the captain mode. I enjoy it too, to a certain extent. The status of the queue and the wait time tells me there is not that many of us, tho.

In any case right now the multiplayer is mostly unplayable for anyone who enjoy playing the latest version of the game, since you have to revert back to the "stable branch" in between every single player version, which requires you to redownload 2 go of data every time you switch, which is incredibly annoying when bandwith is such a limited ressource in a quarantine time, at least for my country.

Warband was in a different timeline. Much different timeline. The attention span of most gamers is now much, much shorter since there is so many other new games to play, basically ever week, no matter what genre of game you enjoy. Can you quote a recent game that survived a lackluster launch? That managed to recover their playerbase with patch note and new features without a whole new DLC/Launch to bring back up the media and influencers attention to the online scene? I can't.

All I am saying is that TW will release a paid DLC or a multiplayer centered standalone version of the game later down the road to fix the issue and that we will probably be left in the dust until then, because in 2020, that's basically the only way to bring back players. And it kinda suck for us, players who actually bought the game for the multiplayer since it was advertised as also a multiplayer game. The closed beta was literally ONLY multiplayer, so hard for me and many others who couldn't access that closed beta phase to imagine that the multiplayer would release in such a poor state.

I'm glad you are enjoying the captain mode. I enjoy it too, to a certain extent. The status of the queue and the wait time tells me there is not that many of us, tho.
you can bring back players by fixing stuff, they still got a very dedicated mp community. If you wanna get new players you can make free2play weekends and stuff like that or advertisment in general. You can give out free loot aswell, if they ever introduce mp cosmetics.

you can bring back players by fixing stuff, they still got a very dedicated mp community. If you wanna get new players you can make free2play weekends and stuff like that or advertisment in general. You can give out free loot aswell, if they ever introduce mp cosmetics.

Since the MP (at least right now) is so barebone anyway, they should literally make it free2play completly in my opinion.

Can you quote a recent game that survived a lackluster launch? That managed to recover their playerbase with patch note and new features without a whole new DLC/Launch to bring back up the media and influencers attention to the online scene?

A) The game hasn't launched
B) If you want to count this as a launch, it hasn't been lackluster...

In any case right now the multiplayer is mostly unplayable for anyone who enjoy playing the latest version of the game, since you have to revert back to the "stable branch" in between every single player version, which requires you to redownload 2 go of data every time you switch, which is incredibly annoying when bandwith is such a limited ressource in a quarantine time, at least for my country.

Basically any Warhammer IP.

Bloodbowl 1 and 2 still have scenes. Dawn of war 1 and 2 both have scene, and theres a whole community built around the Elite mod. Mordheim. Those are all MP communities over a decade old. Even DoW3 which had a god awful release has it.

For singleplayer, they are literally recreating tons of old classics like Final Fantasy and Resident evil specifically for people who still play those games. Sure people jump from trash indie game to trash indie game, but you'll find a lot of players who love Single player games will go back and play them over and over again. Maybe not consecutively but 1-2 times a year. Plenty of people still playing Various Total war series, Whether its Warhammer, or Shogun, Rome or Atila.

Sounds more like you're speaking from personal opinion and how you play games, than how people actually do. Hell, there are people who still play the Classic Xcom, Diablo and Skyrim. Sineplayer nerds are a very special breed. Not even factoring in the ones like myself who RP.

Theres a reason companies are shilling out updated graphical versions of old games, and its not just that nostalgia sells.

Back
Top Bottom