Does giving money to lords through barter help them upgrade their troops?

Users who are viewing this thread

I am starting this habit of rewarding the lords that helped me take a city by bartering with them and give them money.
I have seen some strange numbers, some of them have 5k dinars, some 50k and they are considered same wealth.
Does the clan leader get more money?
If i give money to non clan leaders, is that money wasted?
I hope they use it to buy food and upgrade troops :p

Yes. The 5k you see is like the clans allowance, they pay extra into the clan leader, I think at daily tick but I don't know. The clan leader will usually have more. Poor clans will get money from the ruler too, for NPC faction anyways, I don't think the player kingdom/clan does this.

I'm going to say actually yes(wasted ), but technically no(who knows...). It could be used to buy food or recruit/upgrade troops.... or could be paid into the clan leader and then used eventually...... or they might blow it on recruiting troops they don't need and run out of money next week anyways... I have little faith in the AI to do anything good. I guess a counter question is isn't the money being wasted by you anyways if you can't spend it on some martial gain? SO maybe it helps them, maybe it doesn't. I think giving it to the clan leader will only help if they're really poor, but I don't know how to measure what more they will do with it. To me TIME seems to be the biggest factor in the AI having better troops, they need time to raise them up, they usually have enough money unless some bug causes them to over recruit or other problem.

Yes. The 5k you see is like the clans allowance, they pay extra into the clan leader, I think at daily tick but I don't know. The clan leader will usually have more. Poor clans will get money from the ruler too, for NPC faction anyways, I don't think the player kingdom/clan does this.

I'm going to say actually yes(wasted ), but technically no(who knows...). It could be used to buy food or recruit/upgrade troops.... or could be paid into the clan leader and then used eventually...... or they might blow it on recruiting troops they don't need and run out of money next week anyways... I have little faith in the AI to do anything good. I guess a counter question is isn't the money being wasted by you anyways if you can't spend it on some martial gain? SO maybe it helps them, maybe it doesn't. I think giving it to the clan leader will only help if they're really poor, but I don't know how to measure what more they will do with it. To me TIME seems to be the biggest factor in the AI having better troops, they need time to raise them up, they usually have enough money unless some bug causes them to over recruit or other problem.
I see.

I am starting this habit of rewarding the lords that helped me take a city by bartering with them and give them money.
I have seen some strange numbers, some of them have 5k dinars, some 50k and they are considered same wealth.
I hope they use it to buy food and upgrade troops :p
Don't give AI money, they don't need it and can't use it wisely. what you should do is donate troops to AI lords in your army. that's how i manage my armies nowadays.
i call an ai lord with barely enough men, and i give him 60 tier 4-5 troops, and now he's like one of my clan parties. i make sure these kids don't venture too far and get destroyed (they sometimes still do but take out many more enemies than usual)

this way when i have a 1200 vs 1200 fight all my men are tier 4+

Don't give AI money, they don't need it and can't use it wisely. what you should do is donate troops to AI lords in your army. that's how i manage my armies nowadays.
i call an ai lord with barely enough men, and i give him 60 tier 4-5 troops, and now he's like one of my clan parties. i make sure these kids don't venture too far and get destroyed (they sometimes still do but take out many more enemies than usual)

I didn't know you could donate troops directly to lords. Thanks for the tip :smile:

I didn't know you could donate troops directly to lords. Thanks for the tip :smile:
you have to be in a town or castle. and on the top right line of portraits, right click and donate troops. u get influence for doing so as well. i often just grab a bunch of mercs from the tavern and give them those

If they don't have any Denars, don't the troops desert the poor Lords though?

In my 1.6.3 play, I loaded up a Castle with Fian Champions, and a short time later they were gone. The Lord was poor and all of her Fiefs had very small Garrisons. I'm guessing it was reduced to what she could pay.

On a related note, can you abuse the Wealth information to bankrupt a Kingdom?

In my current game, only Vlandian King's faction is Wealthy. All of the other clans are either Poor or Average. Is it possible for me to continue to destroy their parties and push them all to Poor so Vlandia can no longer field Armies?

you lose morale for not paying wages i assume it's the same for lords. it doesn't matter for my purposes because i drag them with my army so they share my morale and food. even if they are bankrupt they'll keep the troops. besides i'm winning battles and sieges so they'll make money along the way too.

i suspect the fian champion situation for you was due to the lords losing fights and using their garrison reserves rather than them starving. garrison starvation issue has been largely fixed. unless you put 500 men into a tiny castle.

I've noticed that if you go to trade with someone in your own clan, they each have their own money. It's not always a lot. But something.

I've noticed that if you go to trade with someone in your own clan, they each have their own money. It's not always a lot. But something.
Yeah, like 4 to 5k It explains that -4k in the budget that you sometimes get. It is like they have an allowance for food and recruitments, and when they use it up, they take another 4k or so.

In my 1.6.3 play, I loaded up a Castle with Fian Champions, and a short time later they were gone. The Lord was poor and all of her Fiefs had very small Garrisons. I'm guessing it was reduced to what she could pay.

On a related note, can you abuse the Wealth information to bankrupt a Kingdom?

In my current game, only Vlandian King's faction is Wealthy. All of the other clans are either Poor or Average. Is it possible for me to continue to destroy their parties and push them all to Poor so Vlandia can no longer field Armies?
I have seen them disband troops or donate them when they don't have money, don't donate large number of troops, if the garrison tool tip shows +1 then they are looking for more troops, if it doesn't have that +1 it might turn to -1 due to the lord setting payment less then what you are making him pay because of your donation.
You can make them turn from average to poor with fights alone, to very poor, it is usually when you take their fiefs and there isn't enough money in the kingdom to support them. They have a weird system where rich clans support poorer clans.

Back
Top Bottom