Does anyone play this mod anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all, I love the mod, I played it when other people also did.

But on a scale of not alive to dead, it seems to me the mod is very dead. Is there even events anymore?

The problem is that the mod is extremely unbalanced equipment wise, there are ludicrous two handed blunt weapons with 38something damage and the agility+sprint exploit(extreme damage) pretty much ruins the gameplay as a whole since it drops to a bunch of naked guys with scythes running across the battlefield a lighting speed killing errrbody in a single stroke(I personally saw a person kill a man in full plate armor with a meat knife and a plate armor guy being killed in a single swing of a mace).

The entire equipment section needs to be completely rebalanced, there is no sense in clubs/maces and polearms being faster/equally fast as one/two handed swords or even come close to the speed and versatility of swords.

Not to mention the fact that they have a higher damage value than swords which is frankly, and I don't use this word often, retarded.

There are, of course, a lot of other things to mention but this is the main issue in my opinion.

All by itself, the mod considering it's core is probably one of the best user modifications taleworlds forums have ever seen so I see it as a tragedy that it is dying multiplayer wise.

I for one really liked the mod, and usually I ended up having quite some fun, despite all the naked spam etc. Using a one-hander that is. As Marius explained, balance is pretty borked up to be honest, but the core is truly amazing. The damage calculation system is truly amazing.

Evening lads, long time no see...

Some of us(including me) got extremely busy IRL these days, thats why it has been that silence for months.
Keep in mind that we're doing this in our free time and we're still investing allmost every free minute into this project.
So there's still some progress going on but unfortunately not as much as it used to be...

It seems to be a common problem, that new mods(even very good ones) die out within a couple of months, especially multiplayer mods.
But thats no suprise, considering the main game itself is allmost 5 years old now.
BoE has been released 4 years too late, you know.

Thats one reason why we're going to hop into the development of our next project, once Taleworlds releases their new game.
We already (allmost)finished the concepts of the new project, in order to be the VERY first...
So we're actually working on two projects now.

Anyway...
We're planning a big event in december ...STAY TUNED

@Marius_Marich
Sounds like you stopped playing BoE a long time back, since allmost all of your mentioned "issues" have been fixed in the most recent patches.

Cheers!

_Sebastian_ said:
@Marius_Marich
Sounds like you stopped playing BoE a long time back, since allmost all of your mentioned "issues" have been fixed in the most recent patches.

Cheers!

I never stopped playing, and I never will  :eek:
(it's just that there's nobody on server most of the time)

I am looking at the inventory right now and most axes have a greater cutting damage value than their sword buddies and that's idiotic.
Blunt weapon damage is still to high(since they nullify armor) and the speed balance of weapons is horrendous.

In what universe is it equally easy(or even similar) to swing an axe/mace/polearm as a sword?
Has anyone ever heard of weight distribution?
Flamberge cannot be slower than a two handed bar mace...which should be about 7 times more heavier and slower than it actually is...
There are countless comparisons such as this that indicate a balance overhaul is needed.

Not to mention the completely unjustified skill reduction while wearing armor...

Agreed, I LOVED this mod, but the unbalance has let me ragequit a lot of times. If the mod didn't have these problems at the starts it would probably be played in this moment.. I'm not even re-downloading it as I know that there's no one in the servers.

Marius_Marich said:
I am looking at the inventory right now and most axes have a greater cutting damage value than their sword buddies and that's idiotic.
Has anyone ever heard of weight distribution?
You answered your own question.
The center of mass is significant when it comes to impact energy.
An axe has its center of mass close to its tip, whereas it is close to the grip on swords.
This results in a bigger damage value on axes, even if the weight is equal to the specific sword.
...and since we removed the bonus against shields, there's no reason why we should lower the damage.

Blunt weapon damage is still to high(since they nullify armor)
That's not true, blunt and pierce (the damaging effect itself) got a nerf, so its not as effective as it used to be.

In what universe is it equally easy(or even similar) to swing an axe/mace/polearm as a sword?
Its not, also the center of mass effects the speed value...
And weapons with the mass center close to the tip are unbalanced, which results in a short delay after a swing(harder to spam with).

Flamberge cannot be slower than a two handed bar mace...which should be about 7 times more heavier and slower than it actually is...
There are countless comparisons such as this that indicate a balance overhaul is needed.
That's true, its sometimes hard to apply a matching weight for weapons(base for damage, speed..etc calculation), especialy when there are as many weapons as we have.
Balancing those takes alot of time, for sure.

Not to mention the completely unjustified skill reduction while wearing armor...
It simulates the speed reduction of swings while wearing armor.
It would be stupid to think that swinging a weapon in full plate armor is exactly as fast as swinging it in allmost no armor.

I should say that your point is correct Sebastian, personally didn't know about these nerfes. I would play it again if someone came online. (I literally stood 1 hour in the server waiting for someone, yesterday)

_Sebastian_ said:
You answered your own question.
The center of mass is significant when it comes to impact energy.
An axe has its center of mass close to its tip, whereas it is close to the grip on swords.
This results in a bigger damage value on axes, even if the weight is equal to the specific sword.
...and since we removed the bonus against shields, there's no reason why we should lower the damage.

Impact does not equal damage.

A sword will to horrendous damage to the human body in comparison to the axe because instead of receiving a heavy chop from a short-length axe blade, the body will receive a swift cut from a longer blade that will draw itself through the tissue from tip to bottom third of the sword's lenght.

I still ask you to consider this and at least tone down the difference between the damage values of axes and swords.

_Sebastian_ said:
Blunt weapon damage is still to high(since they nullify armor)
That's not true, blunt and pierce (the damaging effect itself) got a nerf, so its not as effective as it used to be.

I did not know that  :oops:
Apologies.

What are their values now if I may ask?

_Sebastian_ said:
Its not, also the center of mass effects the speed value...
And weapons with the mass center close to the tip are unbalanced, which results in a short delay after a swing(harder to spam with).

True, but they are still to fast.

_Sebastian_ said:
That's true, its sometimes hard to apply a matching weight for weapons(base for damage, speed..etc calculation), especially when there are as many weapons as we have.
Balancing those takes a lot of time, for sure.

Fair enough.

_Sebastian_ said:
It would be stupid to think that swinging a weapon in full plate armor is exactly as fast as swinging it in allmost no armor.

Actually it is almost exactly the same.
The speed reduction is barely noticeable, almost invisible to the naked eye.
I have talked about this earlier, there is no mobility reduction with armor since the joints are designed with the maximum flexibility of the human body in mind and the speed itself is so barely noticeable that the skill reduction should be either toned down or removed entirely.

The reduction in stamina and movement speed is already a decent enough nerf for armor.

Marius_Marich said:
_Sebastian_ said:

Actually it is almost exactly the same.
The speed reduction is barely noticeable, almost invisible to the naked eye.
I have talked about this earlier, there is no mobility reduction with armor since the joints are designed with the maximum flexibility of the human body in mind and the speed itself is so barely noticeable that the skill reduction should be either toned down or removed entirely.

The reduction in stamina and movement speed is already a decent enough nerf for armor.

Your swings could get slowed down a weeeee bit, but it is mostly the tiring aspect of wearing armour that makes it a drawback in combat, I'd have to agree.

We had fun on the EU4 server playing with the bots today. :wink:

Once we managed to get a hang of tactics and bot control thigs got really entertaining  :grin:

Still, balancing is needed, especially regarding plate armor(which is often used in the mod) and the weapons that make it useless  :???:

Seriously, a single stab from a pike(which would never ever in any universe even come close to penetrating plate) can take as much as 70% of hp leaving you bleeding to death and wondering why oh why, didn't I remain behind the infantry line...

I don't know, maybe increase plate armor value while making it far more expensive?
Or make a separate piercing modifier for such an armor type(if that is even possible) because unlike blunt, piercing attacks(including xbows and arrows) against plate are extremely overrated when compared to reality and results recent tests have shown.

Just my additional 2 cents :smile:

If you need an admin I might be able to join. My Steam username is Cadfael_Jernigan

Back
Top Bottom