Does anyone else find Historians are narrow-minded bigots?

Users who are viewing this thread

AelleCyning said:
If she was painted that way it means she looked that way.
Really? Then explain this:
eUqHM8F.jpg

Which is the real Jesus?

While you're technically correct, my point stands. Anything painted post-death (or anything painted in general), is not necessarily accurate like Almalexia stated. Especially people from Ancient times. I guess I could make a collage of Julius Caesar paintings but is that really necessary?

Jhessail said:
While you're technically correct, my point stands. Anything painted post-death (or anything painted in general), is not necessarily accurate like Almalexia stated. Especially people from Ancient times. I guess I could make a collage of Julius Caesar paintings but is that really necessary?

That was Amontadillo, for the sake of proper accreditation, I'm just shooting the **** and expressing my incredulity here.  :razz:

**** off. You just called a black guy white.

If you think my arguments are a hoot you really are a dim ****.

Wish we lived in Rome. They gave out free rope to hang scum like you.

Wow, if you actually knew anything about Rome you'd know they crucified people rather than hung them. You really don't know anything. Go home and play with your toys with the other little boys and leave the REAL history to us.

a) The past tense of hang is hanged. Learn the English language.
b) Only common thieves were crucified. Glad to hear you identify as criminal scum, makes a lot of sense.
c) The entirety of knowledge = Roman execution methods. Good to know. So clearly, you know nothing.

You'd not be a historian in a post-apocalyptic world where the only guy who survived was a Sentinelese baby. He'd have more cred than you, you **** poster autist for post-natal abortion.

And in any case, I didn't say they executed people by hanging, since that was considered shameful: they offered rope or poison to any citizen who asked for it so that they could commit suicide. Only the poorest scum chose the rope since they were too poor to die in dignity. Ergo, take the rope.

Any REAL ROMAN would USE THE SWORD *  RASCAL DOG  * to commit suicide following the FINEST TRADITIONS of Marc Antony and BRUTUS, YOU ABSOLUTE FOOL.

P A T H E T I C

"I joined the Kuus Kluxxus Klannus, so instead of portraying the literal GODDESS OF ****ING AFRICA as black and swarthy, I'm going to make her look like a Greek person, since everyone knows Greece isn't totally a lame Roman vassal. Also, I hate Berbers and would never depict one." - Painter from Africa

tumblr_n54c1i2CU71qiu1coo1_1280.jpg

662b4725c8568b84776a80d85902c6c7.jpg

Yep same broad.

Almalexia said:
Any REAL ROMAN would USE THE SWORD *  RASCAL DOG  * to commit suicide following the FINEST TRADITIONS of Marc Antony and BRUTUS, YOU ABSOLUTE FOOL.

P A T H E T I C

Cato used a dagger. Using a sword was considered honourable but was not required. The noblest way to die to Romans was still poison.

The only fool here is your mother for not Red Wedding-ing her **** womb.

EDIT: Oh and b y the way Cato's coin showsq a nose, but we don't k no for sure he had a nos e so he probably diddtn.
Silver_denarius_of_Cato_47_46_BCE.jpg

The real measure of my victory will be seen when I can still post, and you cannot. Use these last few moments of freedom to beg for forgiveness.

You've succeeded in angering me by continuously '****posting' by your own admission. YOU are the one who started insulting me by mocking my posts, and you even said you enjoyed it and had done it in the past.

I win morally since I'm not a troll who enjoys riling other people up and trying to get them banned. Says a lot you have nothing better to do.

AelleCyning said:
You've succeeded in angering me by continuously '****posting' by your own admission. YOU are the one who started insulting me by mocking my posts, and you even said you enjoyed it and had done it in the past.

I win morally since I'm not a troll who enjoys riling other people up and trying to get them banned. Says a lot you have nothing better to do.

*EDIT*

Actually no, I've been holding onto this for a while and I think this is finally an applicable situation.

tumblr_inline_nygje05XOw1snugqy_500.jpg

:Jesus dude. Grow up.

You face some minor criticism of your rather too absolutist statement and suddenly throw around basically death threats, slurs, and generally act like a four year old having a temper tantrum? Really?

For the record, it's literally irrelevant what these people's "actual" skin colour was. It's somewhat interesting culturally, but there's far more about them than their colour.

Further, you're the one who is not being a historian. Again, just because there's a painting we think might be of Cleopatra doesn't mean that is actually her nor that she actually looked like that. Especially in the case of a posthumous painting such as that. (And yes, that is the one I was thinking of).

Your claim that it must mean she looked like that shows your lack of understanding about the concept of source criticism, which is, you know, the key of studying history.

But most of all your temper tantrum is quite disappointing - calm down, dude. Seriously, the only thing you've proved to anyone with this outburst is that you're really quite immature.

Amontadillo? said:
:Jesus dude. Grow up.

You face some minor criticism of your rather too absolutist statement and suddenly throw around basically death threats, slurs, and generally act like a four year old having a temper tantrum? Really?

For the record, it's literally irrelevant what these people's "actual" skin colour was. It's somewhat interesting culturally, but there's far more about them than their colour.

Further, you're the one who is not being a historian. Again, just because there's a painting we think might be of Cleopatra doesn't mean that is actually her nor that she actually looked like that. Especially in the case of a posthumous painting such as that. (And yes, that is the one I was thinking of).

Your claim that it must mean she looked like that shows your lack of understanding about the concept of source criticism, which is, you know, the key of studying history.

But most of all your temper tantrum is quite disappointing - calm down, dude. Seriously, the only thing you've proved to anyone with this outburst is that you're really quite immature.

Sure, source criticism. The kind of thing that says.

"HOW CAN BE SURE CAESAR EXIST IF NO SEE HIM IN PIKTUR :eek:"

Back
Top Bottom