Does anyone else do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

alabaman

Regular
Old Guard
Alright, so I equip my weapons in a rather odd way. I keep only one rifle, which is a repeater (Spencer), A saber, and dynamite. I know you guys will throw stones at me for this, but still...Does anyone do it like me?

I don't, but I'm sure that lots of other people do. I use a Hawken and a Colt Walker currently.

P.S: I don't really see why anyone would throw stones at you for this.

I know right? But people still do it. They carry a pistol and a rifle. But why can't you just use a repeater? It usually has more than 5 bullets, reloads quickly, and does about 50 damage to an enemy.

I carry a revolver, 2 lots of ammo and throwing knives. The throwing knives are instead of a melee weapon as they dont have a problem with hit detection. And you thought your way was strange...

Yeah shotguns 1shot everyone from sheriffs to dragons.

I like how it goes through tens of men easily too.

Yep. When I made character who only used shotguns (double 8 gauge (I think that's what it's called) and a sawed off shotgun) I was easily a oneman army... (I could defeat twenty (professional) men on my own, but i never tried fighting more at a time.)

Colt army in one hand and eaglehead sabre, that's it. I let the troops carry the rifles and the sergeants carry the shotguns. hehehe

Sure

Unlike the AI I am able to choose what is best for any given situation.

The only limiter is ammo type/ammount. ( The bigger the battle the less choice you can have to feed them)

Personally I don't like going in with more than 2 weapons and usually only use 1 ( with some dynamite for when opportunity calls)

I primarily only uses one gun as well, but it's always nice to have a backup if you don't have the time to load your primary gun.

Depending on what I'm attacking changes my setup.

Attacking a caravan/stagecoach: I use Revolver + Ammo + Ammo + Dynamite

Siege: Sharps Scoped Rifle + Ammo + Ammo + Ammo    or    Dynamite x4

Standard: I change this a lot depending on my mood:
Shotgun + x2 Ammo + Rifle
Rifle + Ammo + Pistol + Ammo
Rifle/Pistol + Ammo x2 + Knife/Sabre
Rifle/Pistol + Ammo + Dynamite x2
Rifle(No Ammo) + Pistol + Ammo x2

And a few other setups. I'll have to try some of the ones mentioned though...

I carry a rifle, cartridges for it, a multi-shot pistol with no extra bullets, and a melee weapon. Tomahawks are favoured.

So usually I either aim for proper mid-range takedowns or a close-range hacking and slashing, but I can switch to the pistol as a panic button if reloading the rifle takes too long and the enemy is further away than I can run to in time  :wink:

But I really covet a warband port. The ability to drop a heavy weapon when it has outlived its usefulness is something I dearly miss in ye olde M&B  :sad:

Shrugging Khan said:
But I really covet a warband port. The ability to drop a heavy weapon when it has outlived its usefulness is something I dearly miss in ye olde M&B  :sad:
and the kick, and using the rifle as a melee club and the crouch and the combat yells (hoka hey!) and and
The ported version will break my marriage.

Back
Top Bottom