Does anyone actually have an Engineer with 175 Tactics skill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir_Smittih

Recruit
Would love for my Engineer companion to get either the "Make Them Pay" or "Pick Them Off the Walls" perk at 175 Tactics skill... but is it even realistic? I assume I'd have to send him/her out as a party leader for years. All the while NOT developing their Engineering skill. I find there are a bunch of perks like this that will never get used.

Also, does anyone else find it strange that companions choose completely illogical perks? Like, "I have 100 Riding and 6 Endurance... but I picked all infantry perks from Polearm skills... so don't make me your cavalry captain." The lack of skills correlation is so consistent I wonder if it's actually a bug vs being random...

No it can't happen in current game. They need a serious re-vamp in wanderers and ways to level skills if they want 1/2 the skills and perks to be anything but fluff.

You can level both if you make them a party leader and always run around in an army with them?
They're not gonna get 175 tactics, never ****ing ever.

Also, does anyone else find it strange that companions choose completely illogical perks?
I find it horrible and stupid, they should for now just make them re-spec-able when they join you, or add a native import export to do the same.

I use a mod called character manager, you can reset all the points and perks and then put them where you want in game. There are other mods that also work. I hated how they seemed basically random.
No way to get 175 tactics for a companion unless a mod allows you to cheat it there. It takes like 20 years, with near constant battles to get that with a mod that boasts experience gain. I'm at day 1609, level 30, and 174 tactics on my character

Last edited:
I have it on my main character, who also does most of my Engineering, does that count?
Yes, I suppose. But since I generally use a companion for Scouting, don't often autoresolve and Roguery doesn't really fit my playstyle... meaning I generally never put any Attribute points into Cunning. Also usually use a companion for Engineering also. Guess I'll have to try to do it all myself at some point.

Yes, I suppose. But since I generally use a companion for Scouting, don't often autoresolve and Roguery doesn't really fit my playstyle... meaning I generally never put any Attribute points into Cunning. Also usually use a companion for Engineering also. Guess I'll have to try to do it all myself at some point.
I don't really ever put attribute points into Vigor or Control because FPs get most of the perks that actually matter whereas the top-level skills numbers and perks are damned well pointless when the player character can't do any better than one-shotting a guy in full armor.

Back
Top Bottom