Does anybody like current Clan system (Singleplayer)?

Users who are viewing this thread

I would really like them to improve the clans system to make it more of an entity. So you could wage war against just another clan and not the whole group. Like you hate another clan in the same kingdom as you, then you should be able to wage war against them to take over their castles or villages.
Great idea with a very solid logic behind...

Instead we get a continent you can circle three times in a week, with 100% atheist population, Women willing to spent their lifes with a bum, who generally kills people for a living and bed her anytime they rest in some rathole castles,... "Dates ? Those are overrated in Calradia.. answer three simple questions from my diary and i am yours, sorry first you need to pay to a daddy" ...

I could do it forever. Like antimatter to a matter, Bannerlord is an exact opposite to logic.

The problem is, this sentence fits like for all gameplay features right now.

I grow so tired of the "I LOVE IT, but it needs improvement" sentiment from folks who know the emperor has no clothes, and probably won't ever get clothes for that matter.

My suggestions for Clans and Kingdoms:

1. Allow independent thought and actions within each Clan. Allow plots, overthrows, in-fightings, duels, trials, executions, feasts, organized marriages and betrothals, assassinations and splitting of the Clan into smaller Clans. Those things could be governed by Influence, or by some new metric such as Clan Influence, whatever fits best. In addition, there should be a similar system for plotting and for various interactions between different Clans within each Kingdom. Certain vassal Clans will seek greater power and governance of the Kingdom, or a higher revenue in gold, or simply peace and quiet.

2. Allow assigning fiefs to companions and family members. They won't just act like a mindless Governor, but a true vassal that maintains the fief and its garrison, stacks money, chooses its constructions and focuses, protects its villages and gathers a party for raiding and conquering of enemy territories. That vassal will take a share of the income, and will be truly independent. And, if relations between him and the player go down, there is a risk of defection and of loosing that fief to that companion's new Clan.

3. There should be ranks between the Clans instead of having them all as equals, and powerful Clans within a Kingdom should rule over weaker ones in that same Kingdom. It would be a good opportunity to put to use the Clan Tiers levels of each clan, and reassign vassalship around.

4. Rename Clan into either Dynasty or Family. It's annoying and immersion breaking having it named Clan. Just feels like being part of some nomadic tribe. It makes sense for the Khuzait and the Battanians, but not the other cultures.

Suggestions 1 to 3 would add SO much to the current gameplay. As of now, things can get pretty boring since the player's interactions with NPCs are relatively simple and one-layered. In peace times, there can be litteraly nothing to do sometimes. This would add the possibility for players and NPCs to balance the power between each other, have multi-layered, complex and double-faced interactions that can have lasting consequences, and bring life and humanity to the game. Players and NPCs alike will have to try not to over-extend themselves, at risk of losing everything they've got. It would make players and NPCs reconsider their ambitions despite their greed and lust for power.

Last edited:
My suggestions for clans and kingdoms:

1. Allow independent thought and actions within each clans. Allow plots, overthrows, in-fightings, duels, trials, executions, feasts, organized mariages and betrothals, assassinations and splitting of the clan into smaller clans. That would add SO much to the gameplay and the balancing of each person's power, to try not to over-extend oneself. Those things could be governed by Influence, or by some new metric such as interfamilial Influence, whatever fits best. Allow assigning fiefs to companions and family members. They won't just act like a mindless Governor, but a true vassal that maintains the fief and its garrison, stacks money, chooses its constructions and focuses, protects its villages and gather a party for raiding and conquering enemy territories. That vassal will take a share of the income, and will be truly independent. And, if relations between him and the player go down, there is a risk of defection and of loosing that fief to that companion's new clan.

2. Make Kingdoms less democratic votes and more imposed decisions by the King and positive/negative reactions to those decisions by the Kingdom's vassal clans. Again, there should be plotting and various interactions (same as those mentioned higher) within each Kingdom, where certain vassal clans will seek greater power and governance of the faction. There should be ranks between the clans instead of having them all equals, and powerful clans within a Kingdom should rule over weaker ones in that same Kingdom.

3. Rename Clan into either Dynasty or Family. I can't stand having it named Clan. Just feels like being part of some nomadic tribe.

Awesome suggestions!

Make Kingdoms less democratic votes and more imposed decisions by the King and positive/negative reactions to those decisions by the Kingdom's vassal clans.
This is how they already work, the faction leader always has final say on votes.

Allow plots, overthrows, in-fightings, duels, trials, executions, feasts, organized mariages and betrothals, assassinations and splitting of the clan into smaller clans
Other than splitting, which seems neat and necessary, this all seems like a lot more tedium than actually fun. I'd rather see more ways for clans to interact with another than to interact internally; and my shortlist of internal clan mechanics would be more in the kingdom management vein of things like giving instructions to a companion party to pursue a certain war task. Crusader Kings is already its own, separate game.

Other than splitting, which seems neat and necessary, this all seems like a lot more tedium than actually fun. I'd rather see more ways for clans to interact with another than to interact internally; and my shortlist of internal clan mechanics would be more in the kingdom management vein of things like giving instructions to a companion party to pursue a certain war task. Crusader Kings is already its own, separate game.
Thing is that, it would add an additional layer of things to do and worry about, especially in peace times where it can get really boring really fast!

Clans should be have more parties in the map depending on tiers ( i dont think this happens?)
Enciclopedia should have iron or gold like borders on portraits of members that lead armies
Clans should have some "feuds" vs other clans (within and outside their kingdom), those feuds should give you special auto-missions like bring "captured lord x to lord y), raid lord x village for me
Some Clans should have more family members
Clan leaders should decapitate some of enemies Generals if they really really hate each other (when this happens it should pop-up a notification)
Clans should be able to hire at least 1 companion like the player does if they need generals to lead parties
New clans should pop-up from scratch from time to time
If a lot of Clan leaders hate their own king they should start civil-war or war of independence when ruler dies

Some ideas

I grow so tired of the "I LOVE IT, but it needs improvement" sentiment from folks who know the emperor has no clothes, and probably won't ever get clothes for that matter.
Don't see the contradiction on it, i do love the current iteration of the clan system but i think it can be improved with more features like individual relationships for clan members and internal intrigue for control of the clan to name a few.

My suggestions for clans and kingdoms:

1. Allow independent thought and actions within each clans. Allow plots, overthrows, in-fightings, duels, trials, executions, feasts, organized marriages and betrothals, assassinations and splitting of the clan into smaller clans. That would add SO much to the gameplay and the balancing of each person's power, to try not to over-extend oneself. Those things could be governed by Influence, or by some new metric such as interfamilial Influence, whatever fits best. Allow assigning fiefs to companions and family members. They won't just act like a mindless Governor, but a true vassal that maintains the fief and its garrison, stacks money, chooses its constructions and focuses, protects its villages and gathers a party for raiding and conquering of enemy territories. That vassal will take a share of the income, and will be truly independent. And, if relations between him and the player go down, there is a risk of defection and of loosing that fief to that companion's new clan.

2. Make Kingdoms less democratic votes and more imposed decisions by the King and positive/negative reactions to those decisions by the Kingdom's vassal clans (already in-game, my bad). Again, there should be plotting and various interactions (same as those mentioned higher) within each Kingdom, where certain vassal clans will seek greater power and governance of the faction. There should be ranks between the clans instead of having them all equals, and powerful clans within a Kingdom should rule over weaker ones in that same Kingdom.

3. Rename Clan into either Dynasty or Family. I can't stand having it named Clan. Just feels like being part of some nomadic tribe.
In general these are nice suggestions

The clan system is awesome, though now that I've enabled death I'm a bit worried for my members and find myself approaching the game a lot more cautiously, trying to stay out of wars, and abandoning mercenary work and trying to woo Corein so that we can have some kids should my character die fighting mountain or forest bandits

The clan system is awesome, though now that I've enabled death I'm a bit worried for my members and find myself approaching the game a lot more cautiously, trying to stay out of wars, and abandoning mercenary work and trying to woo Corein so that we can have some kids should my character die fighting mountain or forest bandits
To be honest most of my companions and clan members always get sent to the back of the map when I fight haha

Perhaps their goal for now is to fix and release the content they planned before the end of the year, giving us a simple but stable game. Then, they'll get to working on more complex features that will be released as DLCs for a price, like an inter/intra clan interactions package, new maps, new factions, new features in general. It would become very similar to CK2's structure, where you can buy the whole game and all its features for around 250$. Think of the Sims various release of expansions over the years for each of their games. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Perhaps their goal for now is to fix and release the content they planned before the end of the year, giving us a simple but stable game. Then, they'll get to working on more complex features that will be released as DLCs for a price, like an inter/intra clan interactions package, new maps, new factions, new features in general. It would become very similar to CK2's structure, where you can buy the whole game and all its features for around 250$. Think of Sims 2 various release of expansions over the years. What do you guys think?

Could be. That is a pretty coherent idea. Would we consume their products? I think I would.

Perhaps their goal for now is to fix and release the content they planned before the end of the year, giving us a simple but stable game. Then, they'll get to working on more complex features that will be released as DLCs for a price, like an inter/intra clan interactions package, new maps, new factions, new features in general. It would become very similar to CK2's structure, where you can buy the whole game and all its features for around 250$. Think of Sims 2 various release of expansions over the years. What do you guys think?

No, I strongly doubt that this is going to happen.

Maybe they will make a simply and stable game as you said before giving us more complex features, but these would be as free updates to the base game. I don't see TW becoming part of the whole DLC debacle.

Back
Top Bottom