Do YOU want to make your own mod? Look here. (Outdated)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bump!... and vote for sticky.

Guys people are coming in new to the game all the time, and some of them are modders, so this is useful...

Sticky pls... :roll:

Jubal said:
Yeah... I'm strating to write a guide on mod leading and how not to get lynched, I'll let you know when that's done.

*chuckles at that*

No offence mate, but wouldn't someone with actual experience be better at that..

I've not just worked on M&B and I've been leading modding teams for about one and a half  to two years now - If you consider someone more experienced that me would do better, there's nothing barring you from writing one yourself. No offence taken, but I certainly don't consider myself a n00b...

As a welshman, I'd prefer to be referred to as "Boyo" :razz:

But seriously, we shouldn't try to teach ANYONE to be a mod leader. People shouldn't try to be mod leaders, they should try to be modders. If people decide to follow them in their aims, then they'll work out the rest as they go along.

I saw in your post that you wrote "(should work for 1.0)"  about Troop Editor and Item Editor.

Well, I'm using them both for 1.011 now, and they work like a charm. Just in case you needed that confirmed.

I think your music link should also include this thread post: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50101.msg1300258.html#msg1300258

The guide by Archonsod doesn't seem to work for 1.0x anymore I'm thinking...

Zandman said:
I saw in your post that you wrote "(should work for 1.0)"  about Troop Editor and Item Editor.

Well, I'm using them both for 1.011 now, and they work like a charm. Just in case you needed that confirmed.
Thanks, I just wasn't sure. I'll change that.

stevodevo said:
I think your music link should also include this thread post: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50101.msg1300258.html#msg1300258

Yeah, thanks, I'll put that up too.

Ruthven said:
Zandman said:

stevodevo said:

Epic!  :shock: I've got my explenation featured on a noob's guide!  :lol:

Thanks!  :wink:

Thymo said:
Ruthven said:
Zandman said:

stevodevo said:

Epic!  :shock: I've got my explenation featured on a noob's guide!  :lol:

Thanks!  :wink:
No problem.

Ruthven said:
Sorry for the double post, just thought this would be more useful on the first page.  :wink:

Totally agree.. Altough it sounds kinda like spamming..  :lol:

Nah, not really.. I think it should be stickied..

Ruthven said:
Thymo said:
Ruthven said:
Sorry for the double post, just thought this would be more useful on the first page.  :wink:

Yeah, it really should be stickied.

Anyone... Taking the hint?  :roll:

*Coughmoderatorscough*..

Thymo said:
Ruthven said:
Thymo said:
Ruthven said:

Yeah, it really should be stickied.

Anyone... Taking the hint?  :roll:

*Coughmoderatorscough*..
Well, they don't seem to spend much time in The Forge, so mayhaps I'll PM one about it.

The whole trick to mod leading is basically just good social skills. Put in the work, remember your manners and choose good people to work with.

Back
Top Bottom