Do you want the game to be released now?

Do you want the game to be released now?

• Yes

Votes: 19 11.6%
  • No

Votes: 145 88.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Gandamula

Sergeant at Arms
Enough with Patches, I can live with the game as it is now, but I can't without many of the mods that are getting lost. Modders are obviously giving up, Mods with thousands of downloads are dead. To be honest, the latest Patches add nothing, 1.5.8 is a complete disaster and no one uses it. Launch the game and do a big and tested upgrade in three months, but stop with this nonsense. Everyone is already getting tired of so much uncertainty and instability, there was supposed to be a connection to the game, this is only achieved with stability, not with a constant addition of frustrations.

Last edited:
So they just release a un-finished buggy game, and what of the new players and players who don't use mods?

I really do not understand this mindset, mods should only add to the experience, not have to completely fix it. If a game relies on mods to be playable then that is a ****ing terrible game.

Enough with Patches, I can live with the game as it is now, but I can't without many of the mods that are getting lost. Modders are obviously giving up, Mods with thousands of downloads are dead. To be honest, the latest Patches add nothing, 1.5.8 is a complete disaster and no one uses it. Launch the game and do a big and tested upgrade in three months, but stop with this nonsense. Everyone is already getting tired of so much uncertainty and instability, there was supposed to be a connection to the game, this is only achieved with stability, not with a constant addition of frustrations.

I’m gonna pitch in as a modder on a large mod.
One of the main reasons I’ve seen people giving up especially lately is due to the completely broken mod tools that get more broken with every patch.

In 1.5.4 a bug broke any custom maps so you spawn below the ground, messed up terrain painting and disabled the ability to fix it manually.
In 1.5.8 the bug still happens, it’s fine if you want to make a few minor edits but if you want a whole new map it messes with it badly.

Most of the tools to edit custom maps crash the mod tools even still even though the bugs were in 1.5.4

More new bugs were introduced in 1.5.7 such as the model viewer crashing and having to reload or re import assets from before 1.5.7. (Took me 35 hours of leaving my pc on running all the imports for 1800 models and textures)
Because the Tpac files are slightly different and some are incompatible with past 1.5.6.

They also restructured and changed a lot of the xml code meaning a lot of pre 1.5.7 won’t work and entire xmls have to be re written, in a total conversion mod like mine this means almost every file is now useless.

There are tons of other bugs in tools I don’t use too so you can see there isn’t much incentive to continue when it’s basically become a full time job now just to get the mods working.

Since all these bugs have been here since 1.5.4 mostly and have only added each patch with no signs of them being worked on

ridiculous.

give them 2 more years, you will have a much better product. I liked the last video update with terrain stuff.

Im sure they can make good new features

Let's be real here, what you paid for was Early Access to the Bannerlord SP beta. This game is nowhere remotely close to being done. Literally no one that was part of the original alpha/beta tests thought that the game was remotely ready to be released as EA, especially when the devs were saying that they wanted the game to be fully released roughly one year after entering EA. The current state of the game is ABSOLUTELY not adequate to be considered a complete or finished product. They can't just stop developing the game now so that you can enjoy a modded game.

This is how I interpret the current situation: TW gave you access to the game far earlier than they should have. The vanilla game experience has just now barely reached a point that you are barely content with it, and you are really only enjoying it because you are making use of, and prefer the work that modders are doing for the game compared to the work the devs are doing themselves; as a consequence, you are now too impatient to see the devs complete their own unfinished vanilla experience, in which they will inevitably make changes that may affect core aspects of the game, which can drastically mess up mods that are made before the final product is complete.

It's OK though. You aren't the only person that got access to the game earlier than you should have, for I am still suffering from PTSD caused by the things I witnessed on the first day of alpha.

This game has one more solid chance to gain a level of respect and popularity outside of its niche player base, and that's with an announcement that the game is leaving EA and being released as a full product while being truly feature complete. TW can't mess that final opportunity up by "fully releasing" an incomplete game as you are suggesting they should do.

They need to stop applying bandaids on top of bandaids. Like which bright spark thought that stuffing up the prisoner system would be a good solution to the Kuzait steamroller?

Makes you seriously wonder if they play their own game or just run it like a simulator. If they did, they'd immediately pick up on how the endless wars, the cockroach like nobles, the utter soulessness of the game just makes it practically unplayable.

Also, there was a mod called diplomacy fixes that did a much better job than anything TW has done to date in terms of a core part of the game. How's that possible.

Honestly. There's no shame in learning from the modding community. Just download some of the best mods and learn.

Would i like them to finish the game ASAP? yes
In the current barebones and boring condition? hell no

I would be fine waiting another decade if it meant they would listen to their community, add missing features and rework mediocre ones currently implemented.

Would i like them to finish the game ASAP? yes
In the current barebones and boring condition? hell no

I would be fine waiting another decade if it meant they would listen to their community, add missing features and rework mediocre ones currently implemented.

I don't think they'll sink so much money into something they've already sold.

ridiculous.

give them 2 more years, you will have a much better product. I liked the last video update with terrain stuff.

Im sure they can make good new features
If we give five, seven or even ten years, the product will come out even better.
People don't realize that they already sold the game, the investment was made, the profits are already in their pockets,there will be no big investment in the game, because there will be no more PC buyers. Regarding the possibility of being sold to consoles is another matter. But considering the low grade of exigency of that market, the game is more than complete.

Last edited:
If we give five, seven or even ten years, the product will come out even better.
Not if they keep making poor decisions and dumbing things down even more.

I swear the AI for horse archers really impressed me in the beginning but lately, they're the dumbest blokes in the world. The AI's just been terrible and it seems to be getting worst with each patch.

Like seriously.

I don't think they'll sink so much money into something they've already sold.
If they want to hurt their future sales/games sure, bannerlord only sold so well because M&B was loved and the community (us) hyped this game to the moon and back based on what they had talked about in the dev blogs and our experiences with warband/classic.

Paradox had this phase too of just selling and **** the playerbase, this is our vision for the game deal with that and give us your money.

Imperator was massacrated by bad reviews and low amount of players on release (after they ignored the community's feedback for months) and in the end the lead dev had to come down from his high horse, acknowledge his "vision" (aka barebones) was not the same as the community and then he committed to improve the game and listen to the community more, imperator is now awesome and they took this attitude to their other games which improved the relation with the communty quite a lot.

of course money comes first as ever but they saw how distancing themselves from the community ended hurting their sales and reputation and went back.

Back
Top Bottom