Do you want more complex features, such as proper formation behaviour in Bannerlord?

Do you want more complex features in Bannerlord?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

TW should hire you as a consultant lol
Nah, it's not necessary :iamamoron:.

I can't imagine how many consultants were willingly and honestly giving quality feedback during the closed alpha beta process and EA's first year. There are some of us still preaching for the wilderness, yet most of us tired of banging our heads against the great wall time and time again have given up on a game they were supposed to love and a franchise that is treading water and unable to properly plug the leaks.

---
On the first page you have comparative videos created by Philozoraptor; there you can get an idea of the remarkable differences.

Nah, it's not necessary :iamamoron:.

I can't imagine how many consultants were willingly and honestly giving quality feedback during the closed alpha beta process and EA's first year. There are some of us still preaching for the wilderness, yet most of us tired of banging our heads against the great wall time and time again have given up on a game they were supposed to love and a franchise that is treading water and unable to properly plug the leaks.

---
On the first page you have comparative videos created by Philozoraptor; there you can get an idea of the remarkable differences.
Haha thats what I was talking about

Practically since the 2019 beta period, a segment of the community (myself included) have been complaining about how the Fallback command works. I got tired of waiting for feedback response that would take effect as a change in the player's gameplay experience as Taleworlds seemed to be unaware of the malfunctioning of the Fallback command. Not long ago, I transferred this feedback that had been dragging on for years to the support section making this thread; assuming that this malfunction was due to a bug.

Well, recently M.Arda, whose work I have no complaints about, told me (us) in a very kind and informative way that at the end of the day "that" was not a bug but an intended design decision and glueing a beautiful [Resolved] green tag in the thread header.

eca.jpg

Then, looking for relief in the guys from Realistic Battle Mod, I conveyed my regrets regarding the problem of this particular command. Well, in less than four days (and probably less) the players who enjoy RBM received an update where among other things the Native issue was addressed.

Today I have found the time to make a Native vs Mod comparison video which I am happy to share with anyone who might be interested but especially with @MArdA TaleWorlds , @Dejan and @Callum for their eventual reflective analysis internally.

Sorry for the quality, I don't have a pc masterace for 4 simultaneous recordings. :lol:

How is the Native fallback a satisfactory design decision for Taleworlds seeing this blushing comparison?
I certainly don't think so.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Has this already been fixed?

Has this already been fixed?
Well... for Taleworlds there is nothing to fix because currently the fallback command is working as planned (intentional design according to them)... In my opinion this is myopic design.

On the other hand, the RBM guys did understand how this ai logic was supposed to work and in their corresponding module (ai module) the fallback command performs as it should. Just watch the comparison in the video in my comment above... night and day.

I can understand that certain systems have little room for manoeuvre... but this kind of stuff... oh boy... I can only bring my hand to my face and facepalm.... a lot of these :facepalm: accumulated unfortunately.

Interesting Npc's that act as the traits dictate that would be good. I have looked in traits a lot and at this time there implemented very poorly.

Point is that it isn't an argument for more complex gameplay, but a specific improvement. It's asking, "do you like better gameplay?" while showing a fix to something broken, of course everyone will agree. It has no extrapolation to other places.

Everyone agrees when the example discussed is a specific feature everyone likes. The conclusion "people like complex mechanics" I don't think will change what Taleworlds does, except perhaps implement the specific suggestions raised.
I remember in E3 how they explained different system and their complexiity such as running your own Gang in Towns and, claiming turfs, making money etc.
In general whole Gaming industry is going downwards,. People in every game demand complex systems and features. If Developers promise and create high expectations with Trailers and later then skip on crucial point then Devs loses ALL reputation they had.

I remember in E3 how they explained different system and their complexiity. And one of those running your own Crime Gang activities in Towns, claiming turfs, making money, leaving companions and stuff.. Ended up being total ******* where you only can clear thugs in cities and nothing else.

Last edited:
In general whole Gaming industry is going downwards,. People in every game demand complex systems and features. If Developers promise and create high expectations with Trailers and later then skip on crucial point then Devs loses ALL reputation they had.

I remember in E3 how they explained different system and their complexiity. And one of those running your own Crime Gang activities in Towns, claiming turfs, making money, leaving companions and stuff.. Ended up being total ******* where you only can clear thugs in cities and nothing else.
There is no strong correlation between complexity and quality. More complexity is not necessarily beneficial to the game, and in many cases, simplicity would help.

There is no strong correlation between complexity and quality. More complexity is not necessarily beneficial to the game, and in many cases, simplicity would help.
What can you even more simplify right now? Which feature right now is more complex then it needs to be AND working?

What can you even more simplify right now? Which feature right now is more complex then it needs to be AND working?
This game is not simple, if that is your implication. A couple aspects of the combat system could use simplification imo, namely the stance system and the chambering system. Both are more complex than Warband and are worse off.

The second question is kind of my point, if a feature is more complex than it needs to be then it is not working the way it should.

A couple aspects of the combat system could use simplification imo, namely the stance system and the chambering system. Both are more complex than Warband and are worse off.
The combat system/battles are by far the best parts, no doubt about that. Everything around them is dull or broken, sometimes both.

Wasn´t talking about the unnecassary systems that are in place, more about the overall complexity.

Because they have our money. :razz:(y)
Who exactly are they expecting to buy the game on full release, though? I would think that just about every player who's even remotely interested in this style of game already bought it right after the EA was released. If they want more sales, they're gonna have to convince us all to buy it again.

Back
Top Bottom