Do you think the world map needs more features - like roads?

Do you think the world map needs more features?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree 100%
If i might add
Ships/boats in port cities and fishing villages, it doesn't have to include sea battles, just for transportation. It could be just for the player even if it is too complex.

Clearly visible roads between some of the major cities would make a LOT of sense, along with a small speed bonus for moving on the road.

I do NOT want to see "roads" implemented in the same manner as in previous M&B titles, where there was a network of invisible movement paths that the game practically forced your army to follow if you got anywhere near one. In far too many cases (especially in Warband), the movement grids went directly through the middle of patches of woods which would have been trivial to go around, slowing you down instead of making travel faster. The only viable solution to avoid them was to click REALLY close to your unit, otherwise it would often default to moving to the grid before moving in the direction you indicated.

In a few drastic cases in both original M&B and in Warband, my army moved well over 90 degrees from the direction chosen in order to reach a grid line (invisible road), and I recall at least twice (one of those times on the visible road near Praven in the original game) where my attempts to flee a much larger army were thwarted when my army turned back directly into the chasing unit in order to reach a road behind them. I also had one case where I could click a spot and have the unit move 90 degrees away from it along a visible road, click again and the unit would do a 180 degree turn and go the other way along the road. After several reversals and no actual forward progress, I had to click about the width of the unit icon away from it in order to get it to move off the road. Clicking too far from the unit caused it to turn around and go back to the road.

Roads should:
1) be VISIBLE.
2) speed movement slightly. negating terrain penalties.
3) not draw in units that are in the general area but not particularly close.

Done right, they're a big improvement. Done like in the previous games, they're nothing but an annoyance. Sorry, but none of the poll responses really fit my opinion.

Title. I've played bannerlord for a sold 60 hours now, and one thing has stood out to me in this time about the world map:
  • Where are all the roads?
The Empire fractured into 3 parts, how long did it exist for? (I don't think this is mentioned anywhere in game?) One thing all empires do (not just the Romans) is link up their territory with roads and infrastructure to make defence and trade easier.

From the state of things in-game, I'm assuming the empire existed for quite some time, and thus, should have built highways/roads between its held cities (i.e the cities of the 3 empire factions).

Would anyone else want to see roads added to the world map between imperial cities? (But not in any of the other kingdom's territories as they're all less centralised at the start of the game)
  • This would add a road graphic (obviously) to the map
  • But also provide a small speed buff to armies travelling along roads
    • ("+0.xx travelling on roads")
  • Looters/bandits could also be made to spawn away from roads more, to show that roads are safer, or have special "highway men" groups more rarely spawn on roads.
  • Maybe players/lords could use all of their fat stacks of gold to pay for:
    • Expansion of new roads (in non-imperial areas)
    • Daily maintenance of infrastructure
    • For NPC troops to patrol roads and hunt down looters (to keep caravans safe and boost prosperity etc)
Does anyone else think roads are missing from the game?
Or are there any other small map features you'd want to see in addition to/instead of roads?

Edit: formatting.
+1
Yes i also dont understand why M&B in general lacks roads.

And payed ship routes for traveling/trading and ofc the ownership of your own ship/boat like in Viking Conquest.

Back
Top Bottom