Do you think the world map needs more features - like roads?

Do you think the world map needs more features?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Checkpoints/fortifications. Since the roads would be important (and the most effective way to transport large armies), forts/castles/checkpoints could be built on them (or simply have the roads pass near preexisting castles). This would discourage armies from bypassing forts/castles
That's a good thought. Castles feel more like scenery than something I really care about right now.

Your point about checkpoints made me think of the Roman Public Courier System (Cursus publicus), which had many checkpoints and stops scattered around the empire. You could hook quests/events into these kinds of mini-locations like "Help tax collector of <Kingdom> to do XYZ" or have new kinds of roaming parties - taxmen and administrators - as rare/difficult but valuable targets that travel between cities and checkpoints of a kingdom which you could rob (or protect for influence).

Hello guys! We hope our favorite game will further developing and become more and more rich for different stuff.
The map:
1) I hope that we will see eventually roads (bonus for speed but the risk for caravans and armies to be ambushed bu bandits or armies).
2) We need ability to ambush caravans and armies and it would be great if it would be opportunity to do so on the roads (because there are sturgians and battanians who have less strong cavalry units and they can make the ambushes as like celts, germans and vikings did)
3) traveling through the seas (boats, sheaps) even in DLC comunity will support this ideas (me personnaly). We know that there are clans that come to Sturgia from far North let them be a viking type faction on the boats (drakkars).
4) ability to construct fortifications or camps. Fortifications can give small bonus to fight enermous armies if you have small. Camp will give bonus for unit healing and training while you waiting your lords.
The units:
1) units should have bonuses and special abilities
2) berserkers are very weak against archers because they have no shields (berserkers can have a bonus of fear to frighten the enemies by their presence in the battle)
3) the recruites are not useful in the sieges (they can be engaged in the sige mashines as high priority units)
4) Would be great eventually see the bennerbierer units (with banners of each culture viking type banner, mongolian bonchouk or turcic wolf head with strips and roman aquila for empire)
Gameplay:
1) cultural assimilation. You can bring settlers from the other culture to the village and if they will prevail, village gives you units of other culture.

Roads are a much needed asset....a lack of roads was the first thing I noticed when I launched the game map.

Roads should be up-graded and maintained by the land owner but more likely the kingdom owner.

We should be able to set up outposts / temporary forts as security against bandits, as lookouts and for troop garrison. Similar to the Total War model.

We should be able to set patrols from a garrison or militia to help protect villagers and trade caravans from bandits / looters.

Excuse me, of course, gentlemen. What roads are you talking about? There are so many mechanics in this game that half do not work! About roads - this is Forza Horizon. Let the developer first do what was originally planned and provide us with a finished product in 2021.
And not alpha / beta for another 8 years ....

Excuse me, of course, gentlemen. What roads are you talking about? There are so many mechanics in this game that half do not work! About roads - this is Forza Horizon. Let the developer first do what was originally planned and provide us with a finished product in 2021.
And not alpha / beta for another 8 years ....
You act like there aren't different teams for different tasks in the game. There's no good reason that eventually TW couldn't put in roads, besides them just being stubborn about the idea. Even Warband had roads although there use was janky as hell at least they were there.

Last edited:
Made the same post but with a detailed outline and example road structure here. Roads are a must imo.

That's a very nicely made road map.

I'm ok with some regions having no road or having bad roads, but there should be roads paved with stone plates at least to connect the imperial cities and castles. An empire wouldn't even exist if there were no roads.

Ideally, I would like to have paved roads for most Imperial regions and Aserai regions, dirt roads for Vlandian regions, few dirt roads for Battanian and Sturgian regions, and no roads for Khuzait regions. It's not very necessary to create roads for villages, but the cities/towns and imperial castles could make a good use of those. And if implanted, it may also help the campaign AI on calculating the distance.

Perhaps we could make roads a money sink in the game; if you own a fief/castle/city, you should maintain the road for a better connection. This way in war thorn locations it wouldn't matter much as no lord is going to spend money on that.

Perhaps we could make roads a money sink in the game; if you own a fief/castle/city, you should maintain the road for a better connection. This way in war thorn locations it wouldn't matter much as no lord is going to spend money on that.
But if you're paying for road upkeep (which, presumably, includes security patrols to prevent bandit presence), where's our ability to charge tolls on every and any person walking the road who is not our superior?

*Darklands flashbacks intensify*

Hello! I am entering this conversation a few months late. I came across this thread when I searched Google for a possible canon explanation for there not being roads in Calradia. Some of what people have said here are interesting concepts! Old roads existing from the Imperial days deteriorating (or being fixed up by new lords!), new ones being constructed, and the maintenance such projects would require are nice ideas. I also like the suggestion that trade caravans would prefer using the roads to save time, but that would mean it is more dangerous as bandits would be there ready to take their cargo. Maybe they would run away from the bandits into the wilderness, and if they got away or beat them if engaged, eventually go back to a road to travel on to their destination if needed?

I want to bring up another suggestion, from an observation I made while on campaign. In the main sea in the south of Calradia, there are islands. There are islands elsewhere too, off the coast of Vlandia, or near Sturgia, for instance. In real world history, the sea was used for travel extensively! There were cities on the bigger islands, and civilizations that lived and died on them. An example are the Minoans of Crete, or the Sardinians and Corsicans. Britain is the greatest European example. What I would love to see is the ports on those port cities actually be put to use... sea trading, settlements on the islands (!! is that too much to suggest?), and the ability to disembark your army to an island. Perhaps the intention at first in the earlier games and now was to downplay the importance of the sea, to make the islands be deserted since the people of Calradia have no interest in colonizing them or utilizing them for trade routes, as was done in reality?

In my current playthrough, I have a port city in the Southern Empire under my control. It's my only fief and it has been my only reward from about 50 hours of gameplay. All I'm saying is it'd be nice to put my port to use and maybe in the least get some sort of extra, sea trading port bonus to my income. And don't get me started on income. I have way more gold than I need, really... I wish I had more to spend it on.

Hello! I am entering this conversation a few months late. I came across this thread when I searched Google for a possible canon explanation for there not being roads in Calradia. Some of what people have said here are interesting concepts! Old roads existing from the Imperial days deteriorating (or being fixed up by new lords!), new ones being constructed, and the maintenance such projects would require are nice ideas. I also like the suggestion that trade caravans would prefer using the roads to save time, but that would mean it is more dangerous as bandits would be there ready to take their cargo. Maybe they would run away from the bandits into the wilderness, and if they got away or beat them if engaged, eventually go back to a road to travel on to their destination if needed?

I want to bring up another suggestion, from an observation I made while on campaign. In the main sea in the south of Calradia, there are islands. There are islands elsewhere too, off the coast of Vlandia, or near Sturgia, for instance. In real world history, the sea was used for travel extensively! There were cities on the bigger islands, and civilizations that lived and died on them. An example are the Minoans of Crete, or the Sardinians and Corsicans. Britain is the greatest European example. What I would love to see is the ports on those port cities actually be put to use... sea trading, settlements on the islands (!! is that too much to suggest?), and the ability to disembark your army to an island. Perhaps the intention at first in the earlier games and now was to downplay the importance of the sea, to make the islands be deserted since the people of Calradia have no interest in colonizing them or utilizing them for trade routes, as was done in reality?

In my current playthrough, I have a port city in the Southern Empire under my control. It's my only fief and it has been my only reward from about 50 hours of gameplay. All I'm saying is it'd be nice to put my port to use and maybe in the least get some sort of extra, sea trading port bonus to my income. And don't get me started on income. I have way more gold than I need, really... I wish I had more to spend it on.
I've been wondering about this since I got the game.

Yes, Roads would be great .. IF we had wheeled vehicles ! .. which we don't. I would love to see a WAR WAGON in battles, to take on Elephants .. :grin: .. ,to carry all your LOOT ! (Many ancient battles had mercenaries outflanking an enemy, finding their loot wagons and ... vanishing ! :grin: Chariots would also be cool.

As to terrain - We need better ambush terrain, current bridges are a tad weak - Med2TW are better. etc

would be good to see road tolls on roads isn't that allready in one of a policy something about a toll great ideas i never noticed the game was missing roads till now the terrain kinda looks like roads

Not sure if it's possible, but it would be nice to begin with no roads and rulers have to build and upgrade them. If it can't be done like that starting with some dirt trails that can be upgraded would be nice.

Not a map feature but it'd be great to have ship battles akin to Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Back
Top Bottom