Do you think the number of countries is enough? & We can't buy a house...

Users who are viewing this thread

Every piece of fiction is - at some extent - inspired in reality.

So is Mount&Blade universe.

[/serious]

I demand Aztec and Inca civilizations because they existed! I demand ingame religion! I demand a depiction of the Big Bang every time you start a new game because it existed and influenced how medieval Europe worked! Yay!!  :party: :party: :party: :party:

FBohler said:
Every piece of fiction is - at some extent - inspired in reality.

So is Mount&Blade universe.

[/serious]

I demand Aztec and Inca civilizations because they existed! I demand ingame religion! I demand a depiction of the Big Bang every time you start a new game because it existed and influenced how medieval Europe worked! Yay!!  :party: :party: :party: :party:
Nobody here has said anything like this and you know it. Now is an appropriate time to say this though:
Stop

Buying a house and living as a townie would've been amazing...if the game was fleshed out to actually do that. Things like taking part in city life, daily home life, working and professions, building a family and dealing with local petty politics and so on...sounds awesome. But M&B doesn't touch those topics beyond dealing with guilds, a few characters and the new street thugs system. M&B is about macro-level play.

Might wanna try out Guild 2: Renaissance for that, until another game manages to do it right. :wink:

That said, India and China were gigantic imperial civilzations in this era, so they would be really interesting as influence for two off-map civilizations who provide goods and premium mercenary soldiers to anyone who is willing to pay lots of money. They could have a trade post at the far eastern edge of the map - in Aserai and Khuzait starting territory respectively.

India-based civilization would provide war elephants and spices for trade, China-based civilization would provide early hand cannoneers and silk for trade. Both could also give out loans of gold and money to lords, and sell special Indian/Chinese arms and armour for any rich powerful player.

Maybe even make an appearance as full civs in some later M&B game. But for now, they are better off as off-map influences. :smile:

John Felton said:
Buying a house and living as a townie would've been amazing...if the game was fleshed out to actually do that. Things like taking part in city life, daily home life, working and professions, building a family and dealing with local petty politics and so on...sounds awesome. But M&B doesn't touch those topics beyond dealing with guilds, a few characters and the new street thugs system. M&B is about macro-level play.

Might wanna try out Guild 2: Renaissance for that, until another game manages to do it right. :wink:

That said, India and China were gigantic imperial civilzations in this era, so they would be really interesting as influence for two off-map civilizations who provide goods and premium mercenary soldiers to anyone who is willing to pay lots of money. They could have a trade post at the far eastern edge of the map - in Aserai and Khuzait starting territory respectively.

India-based civilization would provide war elephants and spices for trade, China-based civilization would provide early hand cannoneers and silk for trade. Both could also give out loans of gold and money to lords, and sell special Indian/Chinese arms and armour for any rich powerful player.

Maybe even make an appearance as full civs in some later M&B game. But for now, they are better off as off-map influences. :smile:

I wouldn't give the Chinese-analogous mercenaries hand cannons but that aside I would love to see these ideas implemented as mods, the silk road has always been an interesting topic to me, and I bet there are plenty of people who want to play games in a historical setting without constantly fighting.

Back
Top Bottom