Do you think the forums will be alot more active on & after full release?

Do you think the forums will be alot more active on & after full release?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

A little bit. This place seems to be the equivalent of the Mos Eisley cantina though, so I'm not expecting anything dramatic. Reddit and Steam will be the real hotspots.

First few days after October 25th we'll see a lot of console owners declaring Bannerlord the 2nd coming and or some individuals claiming this greatest thing since sliced bread. But you will see the odd thread of some returning veteran from March 2020 denouncing TW for releasing an unfinished game. (There's also a strange group of people who want to give TW more time so their grandchildren will be able to play a "completed" Bannerlord - I guess it's all us Trolls fault Bannerlord is releasing unfinished. Nothing to do with real world things like paying the bills you know.)

Then a few weeks later you'll see lots of threads questioning why this doesn't work, or why isn't there anything to do in villages, or why my game keeps crashing, etc. We'll see patch 1.9.2 that'll fix a few things in mid November.

Then it'll be January/February and you'll have the mob banging on the gates demanding to know why 1.9.2 is the last patch in two months. Console kids will be mad they don't have mods, why they can't aim, demanding refunds, etc. Though I suspect most will just kill a few looters, join a siege or two as a mercenary, think the game is "neato" and move on to whatever is the next flavor of the month (this is the healthy and sane thing to do, like most Early Access PC players did). Probably what TW is banking on.

Personally I don't think a controller really works for this game, since there's way too many commands to issue and trying to do anything that isn't automatically mapped to Y, X, A or whatever is going to be the equivalent of finger Twister (and not the fun drunk kind). But maybe console players will truly be happy to charge all their troops on Very Easy difficulty all the time.

I think we'll see a few new grumps given time, and or more Mod worship/TW finger pointing. Anyone who plays Bannerlord for a significant amount of time will see it's faults though. Maybe I'm just a "glass half empty" guy, but I still can't really recommend base game unless you just wanna screw around with Custom Battles.

All I really know is I'm going to have a bag of popcorn ready
200.gif

You can see how dead the forums have become since their 1.9 release. It had a peak for a couple days after, but it died again relatively quickly with the same people commenting and posting.

Twitch streams are non-existent and there's only a couple of moderately sized YouTubers who pick up on the game when big announcements are made. Other than that, the game and it's community are dead due to better titles being out and more importantly, the development had its moment to shine, but they missed the mark by about a year and a half due to their slow pace and laborious beta (alpha) stage.

As other have pointed out, Reddit will be the new go to, but the majority of Bannerlord content on there now is just people asking questions about the development, not much about the game itself as one can only stomach "100 bandits, much wow" (no offence to those who posted that) content.

There's not much else to the game that's worth posting as everyone's experience is exactly the same. Some just give up sooner than others. Hopefully mods will make the Reddit more juicy, but until TW stop tinkering and f-ing the mods with patches, were not going to see any change for a year or so at least.

How can you stream the game when it's crashing on multiplayer every second map? Would you repeat "damn, i need to wait until servers are up"? That's not going to give you views.

I would actually expect more people who already bought into Bannerlord during EA to come back to the forum rather than completely brand new buyers to find their way here.

I'm just here to amuse myself by reading your comments.
Kind of like that weekly reality show you tune into from time to time, just for scientific purposes, not because you're interested.

I'm just here to amuse myself by reading your comments.
Kind of like that weekly reality show you tune into from time to time, just for scientific purposes, not because you're interested.

Kinda like the History channel, where it used to be good and have good shows about secret WW2 weapons, but now it's all about floating ghost orbs, bigfoot sightings and an inbred Alaskan family trying to repopulate in the woods.

Yeah but mostly for the mod section. I'm sure people will post here more once major total conversion mods like Shokuho or those Game of Thrones ones are out and stable.

Why should they? Major mods have their own Discords. Old-fashioned forums are less attractive to the current generation of players. Modders are also more active on the Modding Discord than in these forums.
I believe that there are old generation players who stopped posting here for various reasons, mainly boredom from the long development time, and those players will start posting again once those big mods are out. Current users + those old gen players returning = more users.

Back
Top Bottom