Do you think that the game is in a releasable state?

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't.
In the sergeant showcase, not all things that were dropped on the ground had proper names.
If you think that it was fixed, the same problem was shown in the siege and town showcase videos.
If THAT represents the ,,game finished'' level, well..

MadLad said:
I don't.
In the sergeant showcase, not all things that were dropped on the ground had proper names.
If you think that it was fixed, the same problem was shown in the siege and town showcase videos.

Dude how long ago was those demos they probably have that fixed now. But release date wise maybe end of 2018

I can't believe those videos are already 6 months old. Either way, I really don't think that the lack of a few item names determine the state of the game. You can change the name of an item in the same amount of time it takes me to swallow a pickle. If the game was in a releasable state it would probably have been released already - those 6 months old videos don't represent the current state of the game.

If the game was in a releasable state, then they'd be posting more gameplay / cinematic videos to hype the game, and less dev blogs.

There probably won't be a release candidate until a month or two so before launch as there's little need for one until it comes time for release. Until a RC is made, there will likely be small things like the missing/incorrect names and other small things still in development even if the game as a whole is "playable".

That said, small things like missing item names are normally quick and easy to fix so long as you can find them.

What a clever way to disguise the "TW release date when?" question.

On topic though, clearly the part that takes the most development of games with an engine made from scratch is well, making the engine and all the game mechanics work with as little bugs as possible. Things on a more superficial level, like actual game stuff (weapons, quests, particular NPCs, etc.) are always left for the end of the whole process because it'd be pretty stupid to try and make a quest with a lot of buggy and unfinished features, or to make the models for weapons before combat is made, etc.

The thick part of the game looks mostly complete, at least for multiplayer. Single player definitely has a lot more features since it's not mostly combat, and we haven't had many updates in this area so there's no way to be sure about how complete it is.

Well surely the multiplayer gameplay we saw was playable... after all, people were playing it! If youre going to use "items dropped werent properly named" as a reason for unplayable, you might as well be stamping a "literally unplayable" meme on your forehead. The problem is that it was isolated gameplay, like a custom battle.

Single player likely needs a lot of work, multiplayer matching might not work, and that may be the only game mode in so far. So its likely the most they could possibly release now is one multiplayer mode and/or custom battles, which they would never do.

It's a weird question...

If the scope of the game wasn't that broad, I would say it is releasable. But Bannerlord is one of the most ambitious games ever conceived, so I'm not sure how playable it is in its current state, regarding its scope.

MadLad said:
I don't.

Not sure, but that's some 'old' footage imo. It's been a while and, while i'm not a programmer, i'm kind of sure naming objects in game isn't the hardest part of developing a game. Still agree with you that the game isn't releasable at the moment though. From what i have read in the developers blog so far it's still way off from being ready. And even though i'm not that impatient, i'm starting to think i'll just leave the fora be, and in some future will be surprised by a message from Steam that the game has a release date. Never have had the feeling/impression the game is even close to being ready so far, they said some stuff in the blogs that are nearing completion i think, but that's just a part from the game, if they are still writing lines etc. for quests, that's kind of a big sign there is still a long road to go before the game is ready for launch. I'll see it when it gets there, until then i just pick up a little information every now and then, and have fun with other games.

Maybe there should be one stickied thread where all release date related discussion can happen. That way we can avoid same threads getting created again and again.

Back
Top Bottom