do you think that sturgia need a rework?

Users who are viewing this thread

Win wars faster by sieging, instead of chasing cav armies around.

Who said I was chasing them? Believe me, the absolute last thing I want is to face are Imperials or Khuzaits in field battle. Unfortunately, they have a habit of showing up to my sieges for some reason.

That's a screenshot from
day 493
patch 1.2.1

Correct :smile:

The only problem with Druzhinniks is how rare they are. More settlements should offer their noble troops. Turning them into T6 is dubious idea imo, since shock (when they actually use their warrazors) and veteran units already pretty good.

I don't know why, but later in my games there is always abundance of them (for recruitment). May be it's related to economy or there is some hidden mechanic that makes them more available later in the game.

I don't know why, but later in my games there is always abundance of them (for recruitment). May be it's related to economy or there is some hidden mechanic that makes them more available later in the game.

Let me guess: the villages have more than 500 hearths?

My biggest gripe with them is their bread and butter infantry (spearmen) have weak armor. Vlandian Swordsmen have chainmal, veteran infantry (empire) have chainmail, I mean...they don't have any advantages. It takes far too long to get to their elite infantry unit and it's difficult to get their heavy horsemen. I am on my second playthrough with them, you have to carry them hard by getting a lot of cavalry and archers. The only way we made significant progress was when I axed 3/4 of Southern Empire who was steamrolling us.

Right now they are losing in my playthrough not because Vlandia has cav autocalc bonus, but because Vlandia actually bothers showing up to defend **** and will absolutely nuke a besieging army with 2x its numbers. I'm single-handedly holding off the Imperials and Khuzaits but I literally cannot leave the rough Tyal region because those villages supply my nobles and raiding from there down into Baltakhand supplies my warhorses and a modest dripfeed of horse archers (steppe raiders).

The rest of the Sturgians are just welping over and over and over into Revyl and Omor, never actually gaining strength before the Vlandian doomstack shows up to wreck them again.

I know that Ragnavad's AI isn't actually any different, but it feels like the Sturgian lords are as ****ing stupid as the worst sort of Viking stereotype you can imagine.

Last edited:
Right now they are losing in my playthrough not because Vlandia has cav autocalc bonus, but because Vlandia actually bothers showing up to defend **** and will absolutely nuke a besieging army with 2x its numbers. I'm single-handedly holding off the Imperials and Khuzaits but I literally cannot leave the rough Tyal region because those villages supply my nobles and raiding from there down into Baltakhand supplies my warhorses and a modest dripfeed of horse archers (steppe raiders).

The rest of the Sturgians are just welping over and over and over into Revyl and Omor, never actually gaining strength before the Vlandian doomstack shows up to wreck them again.

I know that Ragnavad's AI isn't actually any different, but it feels like the Sturgian lords are as ****ing stupid as the worst sort of Viking stereotype you can imagine.

To echo prior posts downthread, I think geography has a lot to do with this kind of Sturgian AI derpiness.

To elaborate on previously made points: I think the proportion of Sturgia that is always snowy and wooded, and the distance from core Strugian cities to likely target cities, causes them to waste a lot of their time. The bonus they get to their snow terrain party speed is trivial.

Back
Top Bottom