Do You Take Fiefs Away From Your Lords?

Users who are viewing this thread

When I formed a kingdom, I had trouble getting started on manning it. I studied Encyclopedia for Lords who were my friends and hated their own King. I learned where they were, tracked them down, and asked them over. Eventually I got a few.

Then we went a'conquering. My first lords were treated to several castles & towns each because they had no competition. I added a few more lords and saw that they got places to live. At this point I need to generate more soldiers. I have 6 Clans besides my own, and they have 25 fiefs, so about 4 for each.

I have never tried to reassign a fief, even one of my own, and I'm worried about fallout if I feel I need to take one from an existing lord to satisfy a newcomer. I'll note that my weakest clan (3 fiefs) has the highest support for reassignment (16%).

What would you say would be my next best step?

I wouldn't bother trying to even it out, just keep expanding!
If a clan has no fief they should always be on the ballot for new fief as far as I've seen.
In games where I made a factions I kind started a cycle where I look for clan with no fief, recruit them, take fief from enemy clan and give to them, then recruit the new landless enemy clan and repeat :smile: Only works for the 1 fief clans but it's easy way to build up vassals.
The of course the vassals begin to vote for 6 wars every day and the game is kinda sucky, but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom