Do you play with equal damage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Andropov

Regular
Meaning, the damage for you and your allies is set to the 100%.

I tried but it's very difficult to win tournaments, even with save scumming, since one hit from a 2h sword can knock you out. I'm considering lowering it to 1/2 but then I'd feel like I'm cheating. Anyone have any tips?

I play with full damage, the key in tournaments is to never get hit.  :razz:

When your comrades engage get behind the enemies where they cant see you and hit them in the back, or just walk backwards alternating blocks and swings.

If on horse you should never fight head on but ride around and get people who aren't looking at you.

Changing damage settings to full, which I highly suggest, does require a significant gameplay adjustment as compared to lesser settings. You need to worry much more about positioning and need to rely on your party/tournament team bots much more. Your character ceases being an untouchable, unstopable juggernaut.

Yes, I play with equal damage. For the hell of it, I also raised battlesize to 300 (109% difficulty). You're not unstopable and you're not untouchable, but you can still win. Somehow. Maybe. If you have a fair fight.

Bobsama said:
Yes, I play with equal damage. For the hell of it, I also raised battlesize to 300 (109% difficulty). You're not unstopable and you're not untouchable, but you can still win. Somehow. Maybe. If you have a fair fight.

I can beat any Jarl with my army of 50 on hardest settings, it's more tactics at that point.

Inf and Arch for distraction, and bam your cav couches from behind, you first take the general down, and then the archers, afterwards you just get down of your horse, and fight in the first line yourself, I admit it's hard.
But if you have a veteran's army like mine, no Lord can stop you except Kings.

The hardist thing about 100% dammage is that the AI atatck the player by defalt. and it allway aims for the head.
It only has about a 1/100 chance of hitting you but 25 bandits with 4 javlens/throwing axes each is 100 projectile flying at you head. so stay under cover untill thay have used up all there throwing wepons on the shields of your troops. becuse 1 javlen/axe in the face is all it takes to end the battle.

I play 100% everything, and I really enjoy it more (you have to actually think about what you are doing) however I do rage whenever I get headshot by a laser guided jav

Tournaments are kinda hit-and-miss for me, as much a matter of luck as of skill. Sometimes I do alright, but if I spawn with a bow (and I'm not an archer character) I will die. Same happens when there are more than two sides, and the two teams on the either side of my team gang up on my team. The arena overhaul in the Floris Pack makes things better somewhat, because you can do more maneuvering than simply backpedalling like hell, but it doesn't solve the basic problem, which is that the whole tournament system in M&B is not well thought-out, or at least not well-implemented.

Thundertrod said:
The hardist thing about 100% dammage is that the AI atatck the player by defalt. and it allway aims for the head.
It only has about a 1/100 chance of hitting you but 25 bandits with 4 javlens/throwing axes each is 100 projectile flying at you head. so stay under cover untill thay have used up all there throwing wepons on the shields of your troops. becuse 1 javlen/axe in the face is all it takes to end the battle.

I don't think the damage settings does anything to AI targeting priorities. In my case, anyone that comes into their vision first will be targeted. They will only switch targets if someone else hits them or gets close enough to them.

Aetavicus said:
Thundertrod said:

I don't think the damage settings does anything to AI targeting priorities. In my case, anyone that comes into their vision first will be targeted. They will only switch targets if someone else hits them or gets close enough to them.

As far as I know it doesn't change the targeting either but I think the problem he is getting at is that instead of that bolt/jav hitting you for 30 damage (as it would on 1/2) it suddenly becomes a 1 hit KO.

And yes the AI does always go for headshots... Other than arrow spam I cannot think of a time I have ever gotten hit somewhere other than the head (or at least upper half of the torso)

My most recent character (which I admit I only play on my laptop, which can't handle large battles) is a Khergit horse archer, who has never recruited a single soldier. It's quite a challenge to kill groups solo, but even so I play on full damage and manual block.
I'm currently running around with Khergit Elite Armor, A balanced iron staff, a strong bow, two stacks of Khergit arrows (which I tweaked to contain 60 arrows each) and a Heavy Courser.

My most notable victories would be against a Sarranid lord, who only had 40 low tier soldiers, and against a band of 35 desert bandits, as well as a fight with 25 Sarranid skirmishers who deserted (I had to ride in large circles around them for 5 minutes to get them to waste all their Jarrids).

Felonious said:
My most recent character (which I admit I only play on my laptop, which can't handle large battles) is a Khergit horse archer, who has never recruited a single soldier. It's quite a challenge to kill groups solo, but even so I play on full damage and manual block.
I'm currently running around with Khergit Elite Armor, A balanced iron staff, a strong bow, two stacks of Khergit arrows (which I tweaked to contain 60 arrows each) and a Heavy Courser.

My most notable victories would be against a Sarranid lord, who only had 40 low tier soldiers, and against a band of 35 desert bandits, as well as a fight with 25 Sarranid skirmishers who deserted (I had to ride in large circles around them for 5 minutes to get them to waste all their Jarrids).

With battle size set to 200 I once went against about 650 Nords (including Ragnar) with only about 25 companions and knights.  I got Ragnars Axe for my trouble. (playing Native Expansion)

That is indeed an impressive feat, I've never been one for fighting field battles against armies that outnumber me greater than 4:1 but don't get me started about my defense of Shariz. I can go on about that for hours.

Lets just say, despite being outnumbered almost 9:1, for every Rhodok that fell that day, over 125 Sarranids fell with him.

Back
Top Bottom