Do you like the new campaign videos at the opening?

Users who are viewing this thread

I honestly think that the art guys and gals did a good job overall; moreover... it's probably a coincidence, but I was an explicit advocate of this kind of format.

I felt that the Bannerlord intro fulfilled its function on an artistic level. Could they have gone deeper into the lore? Of course they could have. Could they have done a Blizzard-style cinematic? maybe.

One of the most goosebump-inducing cinematics I've seen recently; absolutely brilliant.

I was saying it looks too good for TW, a bit cheekily. Intro good, TW bad.
It's still interesting to know who and what was involved in the process, including casting and the voice-over copy.
Oh, got you. I thought you were being serious for some reason.
I honestly think that the art guys and gals did a good job overall; moreover... it's probably a coincidence, but I was an explicit advocate of this kind of format.

I felt that the Bannerlord intro fulfilled its function on an artistic level. Could they have gone deeper into the lore? Of course they could have. Could they have done a Blizzard-style cinematic? maybe.
Was anyone in the thread arguing for a different style? I actually prefer the slightly animated stills style over realistic full animation CGI intros, personally. Not saying the latter can't be done well, just that I feel the style is better for visual shorthand and storytelling.

And now that I'm home, I can link my example (HBS Battletech) using a similar style to tell a similar story, although hindsight makes me think that music plays a much bigger part than I gave it credit for:

Was anyone in the thread arguing for a different style? [...]
Certainly not, basically in that comment I was referring to CKyHC's comment and adding my opinion to it. I just thought that at that moment Taleworlds could use all the art and skill that Ilker Serdar has and take it to a motion graphics as an intro.

I'm all about being pragmatic, and I don't see any intrinsic value in using dev time to create a pointless video for a game that's still needs another full year of development.

The intro is ok, but I miss a method to skip it if you start a second or thrid campaign - or did I miss how to skip it?

Back
Top Bottom