Do you like the idea of 'respawning' in Warband?

If you die in warband, should you respawn, or be out of that game, and have to wait for the next one

• Yes, let me die and kill over and over again

Votes: 27 11.2%
  • Yes, but a limited amount per team.

Votes: 28 11.6%
  • Yes, but a limited amount per person

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • Maybe once or twice, during a reinforcement spawn

Votes: 88 36.4%
  • No. You're dead. Go away.

Votes: 60 24.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Bismarkpwns said:
duckmoose said:
Respawning is a silly game-ism that has overtaken gameplay mechanics in place of making more immersive gameplay that supports more realistic play styles.

Which is why, look at my signature for the triumph in substance over style, just follow the instructions and don't click the last button  :mrgreen:
| | |
VV V

Why? It's a totally epic game  :razz: I spent hours playing it, I demand you remove the don't this instant  :mad:.

But, some respawning, maybe some ranks that allows 1 more 'ticket' when you get killed or something.

Neh, i don't want to think that mount and blade will just be BF 2 with bows and swords, and i would really preffer having 1 life, as Lord Bryggan said at the begining it brings a more realistic value, and i think it would cut up the immature players that would just charge up uppon the enemy and get killed. And i agree to leave this option optional.

I may be completely misinterpreting this, but the videos made it look like you may spawn into the body of an existing AI combatant, rather than actually respawning in the traditional sense.

Darian said:
I may be completely misinterpreting this, but the videos made it look like you may spawn into the body of an existing AI combatant, rather than actually respawning in the traditional sense.
Warband Gameplay Preview
I guess you mean this video?

It actually looks more like the player is respawning as a certain type of troop. (selecting from different factions and troops) 0:36 looks a lot like a respawn, rather than what you described above. Also, I'm curious about 0:54 - it looks like he is choosing from different types of troops to respawn as.

0:54 said:
"Choose an Option:"
Choose Faction
Choose Troop
Options
Redefine_Keys
Administrator Panel
Quit
It's probably just a testing feature though. I remember this interview mentioning that spawning was based on the number of kills you make; you can choose to respawn as a stronger soldier if you have more kills.

I think Fei is right.

When he spawned it seemed like he was away from the action at a typical spawn point type place.

however, something else caught my eye:

3550832595_ae533e57e1_o.jpg

Wouldn't it best to have this as an option? Shouldn't be that hard, and it opens up for more variety.

captain lust said:
pesja said:
Wouldn't it best to have this as an option? Shouldn't be that hard, and it opens up for more variety.

try the entire thread reading. That conclusion has been drawn a thousand times (..ish) in his thread.
Yes we did have this discussed and we came up with the following decisions i hope you like them too:

- The possibilities of respawn should depend on the choice of the host of the server/room.
- the amount of respawns is a choice the host should make.
- they came up with a ticket server much like the one from starwars battlefront
Example: each team starts with 30 players and each team has 30 tickets. if someone of a team dies a ticket will be used to make him respawn. if your team doesn't have any tickets left your dead team mate's won't come back as "reinforcement"

In the end the choice whether to respawn or not should be chosen by the host. the system on how to respawn ticketsystem or anyother way should depend on what kind of game you play siege, team deathmatch w/e.

Aka Respawn should be optional.

killer-blead said:
Aka Respawn should be optional.

Set tickets to Zero. :razz:

One of the reasons I like the ticket server idea, it gives lots of flexibility without too many extra options/settings. :smile:
(Although I realise in this case the "Extra Option" could me as easy as unticking a checkbox. >>)

Back
Top Bottom