Do you have to start new game with E 1.10 Beta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Confirmed on my end: I had to delete all the saves from the save folder because loading or just saving was causing issues.
Started a new game and also saving was crashing many times. Deleted all the old saves and things went bakc to normal.

TW should really say something about it not being savegame compatible in the patch thread. There's a lot of people reporting bugs that are caused by using old saves as if it was something that needs to be fixed.

@Figulus I'd assume so. The beta branch is very different from the main game. I suggest moving your normal saves out of your saves directory and storing them somewhere on your pc until you switch back to the main game.

TW should really say something about it not being savegame compatible in the patch thread. There's a lot of people reporting bugs that are caused by using old saves as if it was something that needs to be fixed.
Gotta agree there. I know it's implicit that a new branch will mean a different game, so it is most likely old things won't work, but it would be nice if they gave a heads up first. I didn't opt into beta yet precisely because I suspected this, and then decided to start a new game anyway, go figure...

@Figulus I'd assume so. The beta branch is very different from the main game. I suggest moving your normal saves out of your saves directory and storing them somewhere on your pc until you switch back to the main game.
It is a nice suggestion, and please do that, but keep a close eye, because they may not work on future patches, depending on how heavily they work in the new branches, and how those changes are implemented into the stable version.

Hi! Let me ask similiar question because I don't want to start another topic. :smile:

I am playing campaign from the first day of release (30. march) and never restarted it, as I am too emotionally attached. :razz: Do you know what am I missing from all the patches? I am willing to wait another week, hoping 1.10 will be more compatible with older saves, but apart from that I noticed for example that I have really poor wanderers (companions) pool - only warriors, scouts, rogues and healers, no engineers or tacticians, and all healers were women with 0 intelligence stat. :grin: Apart from that I am probably missing new leveling system. Did you notice something more? Maybe global behaviour?

Thank you for your help!

i loaded my save games that i've been playing on since 1.0.1 and everything works fine on 1.1.0, only thing that changed is the skillpoints catching up to what would have been if the faster progress had been implemented since day 1. ex. gaining 40 points in 1 swing and then normal progression.

Last edited:
Hi! Let me ask similiar question because I don't want to start another topic. :smile:

I am playing campaign from the first day of release (30. march) and never restarted it, as I am too emotionally attached. :razz: Do you know what am I missing from all the patches? I am willing to wait another week, hoping 1.10 will be more compatible with older saves, but apart from that I noticed for example that I have really poor wanderers (companions) pool - only warriors, scouts, rogues and healers, no engineers or tacticians, and all healers were women with 0 intelligence stat. :grin: Apart from that I am probably missing new leveling system. Did you notice something more? Maybe global behaviour?

Thank you for your help!

I have noticed several new companions over the last few patches. They also have their own stories sometimes, so they are probably not just "generated" clone companions anymore. And yes, there are engineers, traders, etc. But you have to search for them for a while. :wink:

Maybe you have to start a new game to have them, if they are spawned at the start of the campaign.

Thank you for your help!
have you tried loading 1.0.10? just create another save and try if you haven't, I've been using the same campaign since day 1 :smile:

This is what I have done, although I may try my old saves at some point, as I'm curious to see if they will actually work.

Confirmed on my end: I had to delete all the saves from the save folder because loading or just saving was causing issues.
Started a new game and also saving was crashing many times. Deleted all the old saves and things went bakc to normal.

I had to delete old saves as well! I encountered a bug where when I did an action in the tutorial on a new campaign save file while having my previous ones it would instantly transfer my other character's stats on my new one, kind of like if the game couldn't differenciate that it was not the same character. Oh well! :lol:

e.g: When I was done talking to the NPC in the first village my charm went from 5-10 to 64 instantly.

I mean, you don't have to delete them. Just move them somewhere else until you you stop beta testing. I wouldn't dare delete my character, spent 2 hours getting his face just right XD.

I mean, you don't have to delete them. Just move them somewhere else until you you stop beta testing. I wouldn't dare delete my character, spent 2 hours getting his face just right XD.

hahahaha yes now I know! It happened like 10-12 hours ago and I really wanted to play and didn't know what to do so I just panicked. :lol:

Is that official from TW?

It's a beta, don't treat it as a normal patch release! Betas are even more dicey than Early Access releases! They are supposed to be a test bed to hunt issues before releasing something so they obviously can have issues and a version jump from 1.0.x to 1.x.0 also implies the potential of breaking changes in software development!

on a patch, i add crashes in tournaments on first hit. I simply removed my tournament addon and everything went smooth. Maybe most problems with saves comes from addon more than game itself ?

Back
Top Bottom