Do you find yourself recruiting more noble units from bandits than from >200 power notables?

Users who are viewing this thread

CrazyElf

Sergeant
I find myself getting more Fian units from bandits right now than recruiting them from villages with really powerful notables that the player has high relations with. It can be time consuming to do quests and the like to improve one's relations and only the powerful village heads have noble troops anyways, although if a village notable has >180 power, it may be worth doing their quest in the hopes that they will become >200 in the near future.

From a certain point of view, it seems to me that the "proper" way (for lack of a better term) to recruit may be to make it rare for noble troop lines to be obtainable from bandits, but a lot more units from notables.

Seeing that castles are often portrayed as not very valuable, perhaps another idea might be to make it possible to recruit more noble troops from castles of that culture. Perhaps the owner of that castle should have a bonus attached to the number of noble troops that they can recruit. It would give an incentive for people to have castles. Certainly some cultures would have stronger incentive to get castles than others (Battania comes to mind), but it would give more incentive across the board to get castles.

Yes, once you have 150 leadership it's very easy to stock up on them. However I amassed a decent amount of Khans guards before that, from the usual recruitment. I also get a descent supply of Imperial Nobles from my own fiefs, which of course you can't get from bandits. I don't actually want up grade all these imperial Cav but it's nice to have then available.

It worth considering in the early game too many t5-6 units will be very costly anyways and the lower tier noble units aren't anything special over common counterparts.

Yep this is one of my biggest issues.

Hopefully this is accepted and should help
Also asked team to allow 200+ power headmen to give elite troops like landowners (rural notables). If accepted I will add it.

Some numbers related :
At game start we have 273 villages and these have 273 headmen and 436 rural notables. Currently only 93 rural notables at game start have 200+ power so only 13% of village notables give elite troops. We also have 63 x 200+ power headmen. If they start giving elite troops too we will have 21% of village notables giving elite troops.

nothing else would make sense. even when i can get 6 noble units from a village, that barely makes a difference and i need to be able to restock them once they die. villages mostly can´t provide that in my experience.

I usually recruit recruits and train them from scratch. I'm a Valadian who recruits Valadian and Empire archers/crossbow men, Sturgian infantry and Khuzais horse archers, and prisioneiers as main source of cavalry, aldo high tier infantry and archers to. in the middle of a game I play with the United Nations.

If you dont mind modding, VolunteerUpTier solves this problem, with it some 9% of all volunteers are noble. Its in the optional files section: Realistic Battle Mod at Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Nexus - Mods and community

I'll take a look at the mod thanks.

To be honest, I think that a higher percentage of noble troops should be gradually integrated into the game - perhaps as a function of the empire's prosperity as higher prosperity offers the chance for a far stronger military.

Well, we've been over this a few times. My position, a noble troop should NEVER be able to be recruited as a direct evolution of looter-bandit-outlaw. Furthermore, I think that "Disciplinary Perk" based perks should only allow upgrading outlaws to a common troop (regular troop tree).

Also in different threads, we have talked about noble troops being recruited only in castles. This seems to clash with Taleworlds vision regarding the recruitment system and its rules.

Well, we've been over this a few times. My position, a noble troop should NEVER be able to be recruited as a direct evolution of looter-bandit-outlaw. Furthermore, I think that "Disciplinary Perk" based perks should only allow upgrading outlaws to a common troop (regular troop tree).

Also in different threads, we have talked about noble troops being recruited only in castles. This seems to clash with Taleworlds vision regarding the recruitment system and its rules.
I still think this is needs to be the solution, alas as you often say, ?.

Noble troops from outlaw bands... what is this, The Pirates of Penzance? Sorry for the obscure reference but it's no weirder than what's in Bannerlord. Why don't we keep it as a faction characteristic of Battanians to do that (their nobles are likely no better than outlaws anyway) but get rid of it for others.

Noble troops from outlaw bands... what is this, The Pirates of Penzance? Sorry for the obscure reference but it's no weirder than what's in Bannerlord. Why don't we keep it as a faction characteristic of Battanians to do that (their nobles are likely no better than outlaws anyway) but get rid of it for others.

Perhaps that could be done, but they need to be able to have other sources of noble recruitment so that we have enough.

Both suggestions are logical and immersive, so here I hope they will be the ones implemented in the end, though my hope is slim.

Aren't regular troops a downgrade compared to bandit troops of the same tier? I mean, do same tier bandit troops not have higher skills on average than regular troops? I don't have a problem with noble troops being obtainable out of bandits - I quite like the feature - but there's no denying that "Veteran's Respect" is a damn ****ing useful trait - much, much more useful and game changing than the other perks on average.

In the current state of development I have a playthrough where I am only recruiting noble troops. It started slow, and I think I spent a very long time running around with a party of 4. It then picked up quickly with some of the notables I gave extra attention to, with sometimes three or four being recruited at a time, and I now have a party of 38, just in the mid-game, Clan Tier 2. Leadership is still way too low to upgrade bandits.

Back
Top Bottom