Do you believe the game will be finished in 10 months?

Do you believe the game will be finished in 10 months?

• Yes

Votes: 59 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 252 81.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I would say Alpha till support end. Like all the other titles before who were sold on Alpha state.
And that is around 5 years :smile:

My guess is 2 years of EA. Even Warband was in beta release for about year way back when, before EA wasn't even a thing. This project is much bigger, so I expect it to take longer. Frankly, I don't really care how long it takes so long as the game is great when finished.

My guess is that it.. doesn't matter. Mods are faster, mods give features that devs only promise in coming months already NOW and we will be bored of the game in 10 months. I will be playing Cyberpunk already or any other game from companies that care about quality and their fans.
Whole EA idea sucks big time.

I mean they clearly believe the remaining features can be done in 1 year from EA release, otherwise they wouldn't have given us a 1 year estimate. Then again their other estimates have been off up to 4 years so who knows

Again, I want it done when its done. I actually dont care if it takes 2 years. Now ask me when I think they should release the official modding tools because thats a very different answer. All I want is a basic working sandbox with working combat and for them to get out of our way of creating our own content.

I might have cast my vote for "Yes," but with the current quarantines due to the ongoing pandemics have likely slowed things down even more than would be expected. Perhaps in a year from now we will see an official release - or at least word of one.

Honestly, even if such were the case I still wouldn't fault the developers for releasing what they had when they did. They've been working on this project for 8 years, with little to sustain development but tiny releases like Viking Conquest, With Sword and Fire and Napoleonic Conquest in conjunction with the now aged Mount and Blade Warband. While I am disappointed with the current product, I see enough of its potential with reasonable improvements to allow it to surpass Warband. Hopefully the funds brought in by the Early Access release will be enough to stimulate further development in conjunction with renewed interest from the community.

Again, I want it done when its done. I actually dont care if it takes 2 years. Now ask me when I think they should release the official modding tools because thats a very different answer. All I want is a basic working sandbox with working combat and for them to get out of our way of creating our own content.

The heart and core of what we expected from Bannerlord - a stable product that modders can build upon. How I eagerly look forward to such a day....

I figured a year so next spring 2021? That's my prediction. The good thing is we know from past games they will deliver a good finished product. And of course the modders will make it a fantastic game.

“We are very close... Just, hopefully, maybe sometime next year.” -Armagn 2015
I bought my PC around that time to play future games ? im not upgrading it before Bannerlord is finished and full of content.. but who knows till that time perhaps its the A.I. playing games with us.

With the update/patch frequency at the beginning of the EA I thought it would be possible. But with the pace right now I guess it will be at least 2-3 more years.

When for the love of god will they pay some voice actors to fill the sound void in the game! Im just playing 'Enderal' at the moment. This mod was made by fans of skyrim, a game released 9 years ago and these fans have managed to make the world alive with tonnes of voice acting.. How can a game studio that just took like 100 million euros not manage to get voice actors. And why wasn't voice included originally? I cant fathom why this wasnt seen as one of the 'key' components of the game. Even the writing is so minimal and repetitive with answers like 'yes, you might be right' from almost all nobles.. Its just lazy at this point!

When for the love of god will they pay some voice actors to fill the sound void in the game! Im just playing 'Enderal' at the moment. This mod was made by fans of skyrim, a game released 9 years ago and these fans have managed to make the world alive with tonnes of voice acting.. How can a game studio that just took like 100 million euros not manage to get voice actors. And why wasn't voice included originally? I cant fathom why this wasnt seen as one of the 'key' components of the game. Even the writing is so minimal and repetitive with answers like 'yes, you might be right' from almost all nobles.. Its just lazy at this point!
Its probably not very likely that they'll be new recording any voice acting as long as the covid lockdowns are in effect. They could probably do it remotely, but I assume they probably have their own sound studio at their offices where they can direct the actors in person. The same probably goes for any kind of motion-capture that they might still want to do. There are probably lots of things that they simply can't do right now, or are just very inconvenient until everyone can get back in the office working together.

Dead honest, if they would release the mod tools now, the game would be done next month with 20 High Class DLCs all made by the community for free and in better quality than TW themself could have done it.
But since that is just merely a dream, and TW will be the only one working on the game (most likely) till release the EA will be AT LEAST 1 1/2 year from now. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it takes longer than that remembering their schedule for the past ~10 years.
+1

Do I believe they will say it's finished in roughly a year or will it actually be in a finished polished state? I think for sure in a year or a year and a half they will have pushed out their "release" version but I mean who cares? They're already selling the game at full price and they can call it whatever they want, they can say it's finished tomorrow and we can't say **** about that.

But I mean we're going on 3 months in and they've finished 1 perk line, sit and think about that for a while. Think about how bare bones basic or non-existent everything is. The AI, the economy, the diplomacy, the perk system, the siege battles, formations, balancing, character progression, quests, bandits, relationships, companions, the map itself, faction balance, all the numerous little things that just don't work.

There is so so sooooo much that has to be done. The framework is there but the game isn't even feature complete and a lot of the stuff in the game is just words with nothing behind them like the perks and diplomacy system and the stuff that is in there are just placeholders, or at least I hope it's place holder as everything is so damn shallow. The AI is ridiculously shallow, even for a video game, I play a lot of strategy games, I'm used to really really dumb AI but this game takes it to another level.

I just think we're a ways away from what reasonable people would consider "finished".

Last edited:
Do I believe they will say it's finished in roughly a year or will it actually be in a finished polished state? I think for sure in a year or a year and a half they will have pushed out their "release" version but I mean who cares? They're already selling the game at full price and they can call it whatever they want, they can say it's finished tomorrow and we can't say **** about that.

But I mean we're going on 3 months in and they've finished 1 perk line, sit and think about that for a while. Think about how bare bones basic or non-existent everything is. The AI, the economy, the diplomacy, the perk system, the siege battles, formations, balancing, character progression, quests, bandits, relationships, companions, the map itself, faction balance, all the numerous little things that just don't work.

There is so so sooooo much that has to be done. The framework is there but the game isn't even feature complete and a lot of the stuff in the game is just words with nothing behind them like the perks and diplomacy system and the stuff that is in there are just placeholders, or at least I hope it's place holder as everything is so damn shallow. Even the AI is ridiculously shallow, even for a video game, I play a lot of strategy games I used to really really dumb AI but this game takes it to another level.

I just think we're a ways away from what people would consider "finished".

The fixing of perks is a good litmus test for how fast things are getting done.

See @9:20:
“We are very close... Just, hopefully, maybe sometime next year.” -Armagn 2015

Uuuuh, maybe? Hopefully? I don’t know. This would be nice... I get the feeling this is how all their planning meetings go. Just randomly trying things seeing what happens no planning, no procedure, no schedule. Just ideas and years of spare time.

I gotta say, I have often tried to cool down haters on this forum and I still think that there's no point in joining that bandwagon, but watching this video I can't say that I don't see where they are coming from. Less hyping, more raiding in the pre EA period would have been a more productive attitude. Hearing what Armagan is saying in this video and seeing what we actually have in hand now... It's disappointing, and I am being kind.

Back
Top Bottom