Do you ABSOLUTELY have to update the game every other day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just late night yesterday I got the game working after finding workarounds for a problem. Today, another 'minor patch', and everything is broken again.

Is it really necessary to push out minor patches multiple times a week? Really? And if so, do they _have_ to break every gorramn mod for every time you update something?

I literally have not been able to play for a week without spending at least two hours cracking on the game and mods, trying to find the combination of magic chicken sacrifice and technical wizardry that allows the game to run consistently, with Steam's forced updates making it impossible for me to just say 'hey, don't update this game, I have it the way I like it'.

I get it, you want to push the updates out. But do you HAVE to push an update out EVERY OTHER DAY with 45 meg mini-patches that still BREAK all the mods? And don't get started on 'well we don't support mods'. I use mods. My campaigns can only be played for two days before an 'update' that fixes some issue I HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN breaks them. You might as well say 'MODS ARE FORBIDDEN AND WE WANT MODDERS TO STOP'.

Sigh. I hate loving your game. I really do.

You do realize you can choose to sit on any version indefinitely so your mods don't break, yes? If you value mods, sit on 1.0.1 and you won't see a change ever again. It's a weird flex to me to see people want to have the newest features and updates but also complain about updates breaking mods.

I miss the Early access when we can chose, now is a nightmare with constan and irrelevant Patches. Anyway to prevent the game update?

You do realize you can choose to sit on any version indefinitely so your mods don't break, yes? If you value mods, sit on 1.0.1 and you won't see a change ever again. It's a weird flex to me to see people want to have the newest features and updates but also complain about updates breaking mods.
I've seen people mention this but I don't see where to enable that in Steam. When I open BL I can choose between Native, Sandbox, and some TWs options all set at 1.0.2.6967.

I don't see the option for 1.0.1 and Steam forces all games to be updated automatically or on launch- you can't distable it from within Steam. Maybe there is a way to switch it off editing a file somewhere but BL is the only game in my library with such frequent updates that I actually want mods for.

BL is also absolute hell to google aswers as there are fixes for numerous versions and a HUGE list of bugs from 2019 to 2022 that almost always refer to older versions of the game.

I've seen people mention this but I don't see where to enable that in Steam. When I open BL I can choose between Native, Sandbox, and some TWs options all set at 1.0.2.6967.
Right click the game in your steam library, select properties, select betas, choose the version you like out of the available ones. Active live and beta versions will receive updates, other branches typically do not.

I think you can also copy your game files outside of steam and run them w/o worrying about steam updating them ever, but haven't tried that myself.

Just late night yesterday I got the game working after finding workarounds for a problem. Today, another 'minor patch', and everything is broken again.

Is it really necessary to push out minor patches multiple times a week? Really? And if so, do they _have_ to break every gorramn mod for every time you update something?

I literally have not been able to play for a week without spending at least two hours cracking on the game and mods, trying to find the combination of magic chicken sacrifice and technical wizardry that allows the game to run consistently, with Steam's forced updates making it impossible for me to just say 'hey, don't update this game, I have it the way I like it'.

I get it, you want to push the updates out. But do you HAVE to push an update out EVERY OTHER DAY with 45 meg mini-patches that still BREAK all the mods? And don't get started on 'well we don't support mods'. I use mods. My campaigns can only be played for two days before an 'update' that fixes some issue I HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN breaks them. You might as well say 'MODS ARE FORBIDDEN AND WE WANT MODDERS TO STOP'.

Sigh. I hate loving your game. I really do.
Listen man, most of the community are fine with the constant update, we even crave for it at this point!
Don't screw it for us!

Listen man, most of the community are fine with the constant update, we even crave for it at this point!
Don't screw it for us!
THIS! The game has gotten a lot better and every ghost patch seems to fix something or add something. Use betas for mods.

Right click the game in your steam library, select properties, select betas, choose the version you like out of the available ones. Active live and beta versions will receive updates, other branches typically do not.

I think you can also copy your game files outside of steam and run them w/o worrying about steam updating them ever, but haven't tried that myself.
Damn, I do that for other games but for some reason I didn't think the other branches would be under the BETA label in Steam, I even looked at it before posting earlier but saw NONE and never clicked the dropdown box because most other games only have 1 beta branch at a time and it shows up there rather than NONE because BL has a dozen different branches.

Thanks- btw, too late now as I can't imagine starting a new vanilla campaign at this moment but there are a couple interesting mods with different world maps that might be fun before I burn out on BL.

Damn, I do that for other games but for some reason I didn't think the other branches would be under the BETA label in Steam, I even looked at it before posting earlier but saw NONE and never clicked the dropdown box because most other games only have 1 beta branch at a time and it shows up there rather than NONE because BL has a dozen different branches.

Thanks- btw, too late now as I can't imagine starting a new vanilla campaign at this moment but there are a couple interesting mods with different world maps that might be fun before I burn out on BL.
I'm guessing they forgot to auto-opt into the main branch or something IDK.
You should only need to go into properties if you want to play beta versions.

the number update still low! i want more! do you know Battle Brothers? there have time they updated game each weak for years. That show how quick response of devs vs community

If those updates would improve the game at least...like relations have now +0,00001 more impact.

Yeah I didn't play for ages waiting for the stable full release version, then when I'm finally having a fun campaign my setup gets obliterated by some stealth insignificant hotfix.

I've never been so frustrated by a game as I have throughout this bannerlord experience.
26frsf.jpg

w8aSv.png
Skyrim is always in unscheduled in my Steam since anniversary edition came out and also since I open Skyrim via SKSE64 which is another launcher for Skyrim, the game never updates.

So if there is a way to launch the game outside of Steam and put BL to this unscheduled part, then Bannerlord will never updates. Also choose "only update when I launch it" option in Steam.

TW aside, it is also mind boggling thing that Steam does not have the option "never update my game if I do not want to". If there is a limit for Steam to hold how many version of the game they can store and if the version I am playing is going to be removed, then warn me about it, you mothafcking STEAM.

Yeah I didn't play for ages waiting for the stable full release version, then when I'm finally having a fun campaign my setup gets obliterated by some stealth insignificant hotfix.
I've never been so frustrated by a game as I have throughout this bannerlord experience.
TW (Callum, Dejan, Duh) straight-up said they weren't going to stop patching the game on release, man.

Back
Top Bottom