Do we know the TW plans for improving diplomacy?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
So, we know that some very basic form of Cusus belli will be coming relatively soon.....

But beyond that, I was wondering, does anyone know what the plans are to make diplomacy better? (With the passing of time, it's so easy to lose track of what has been said and where we are).

(Now, I know that TaleWorlds will not really do that much... I understand this)

Have I missed something? May I ask for the link with dev's expanding on that topic or, at least, a brief gist on the ongoing Casus belli plans?

Player will be able to see war reasons in next patches. However it will be shown only when a new war / peace voting is announced. There will be a reason shown to player. For current wars there will be no reason shown. We can think alternative additions.
@LuciusDomitiusAurelianus, actually there is some form of war exhaustion, clans want to make peace more as war duration gets longer but we are not showing this data anywhere. With war / peace reasons added player will see sometimes major reason of a peace decleration is war exhaustion. Of course this is not a common reason compared all reasons. Usually a good tribute offer or having multiple enemies or captured lords are major reason of acceptance of a peace offer.

This is misleading. It's not a new casus belli system being introduced, all thid does it showing the player what was already happening under the hood. So this is not a new system at all, and you should not expect thisd to change how wars are being declared. All this changes is that you as the player get to see what reason the AI chose for starting wear. It was either Mexxico or Duh, but they said NOT to expect anything special from this change.

This is misleading. It's not a new casus belli system being introduced, all thid does it showing the player what was already happening under the hood. So this is not a new system at all, and you should not expect thisd to change how wars are being declared. All this changes is that you as the player get to see what reason the AI chose for starting wear. It was either Mexxico or Duh, but they said NOT to expect anything special from this change.
I know its very basic. I said that. Plus, It's definitely better than nothing. My expectations are low for this feature however, It gives the game at least the feeling of some logic.

I was not and am not trying to mislead people at all.... my post is not misleading.

Last edited:
Some game mechanics should remain under the hood but not something like this, so imo it's a good thing even if it's not actually casus belli.

I know its very basic. I said that. Plus, It's definitely better than nothing. My expectations are low for this feature however, It gives the game at least the feeling of some logic.

I was not and am not trying to mislead people at all.... my post is not misleading.
Well, you said that "a basic form of casus belli is coming soon", which implies(or can be interpreted as) a new system, which this is not. This "change" literally changes nothing other than the info you get. The AI will not do anything any different than before because of this change alone.

Well, you said that "a basic form of casus belli is coming soon", which implies(or can be interpreted as) a new system, which this is not. This "change" literally changes nothing other than the info you get. The AI will not do anything any different than before because of this change alone.
Well, that's a question of interpretation. And I obviously disagree. OK. No big thing. Never mind.

I made an account specifically to post this. Just because TW doesn't have it planned doesn't mean it's not coming. I might get some flack for this but the TW is not particularly good at coding. That's just the reality of it.

However, once they remove the internal walls for modders, we will be able to improve diplomacy. Yes, all we need is for TW to get out of the way so we can fix their game for them. It's not "too complicated", their engine is poorly designed and coded and they struggle to fix it. That's the truth that all mod teams know but no one is saying.

I made an account specifically to post this. Just because TW doesn't have it planned doesn't mean it's not coming. I might get some flack for this but the TW is not particularly good at coding. That's just the reality of it.

However, once they remove the internal walls for modders, we will be able to improve diplomacy. Yes, all we need is for TW to get out of the way so we can fix their game for them. It's not "too complicated", their engine is poorly designed and coded and they struggle to fix it. That's the truth that all mod teams know but no one is saying.
Agreed.

I think that's the main reason many people are sticking with the game. They know the modding community will be it's saviour.

If it was just going to be down to TW, we would have all given up hope by now.

I would love a fleshed out diplomacy. Once I found out about the Diplomacy mod in WB, I couldn't play without it. Would be very ignorant if they ignored the download counts from WB's mods.

Regarding Casus belli, which i've seen mentioned a couple of times now: Casus Belli is already in the game. They're just coming to providing us the data, nothing new gets added. And tbh, Casus Belli was also in Warband, in a more primitive form, as it is in CIV, Risk, Chess or in the bots from Counter Strike. Casus Belli is nothing more then the formula calculating whether or not to (do a thing) go to war. It doesnt really add anything that isnt already there. It just shows us the formula in game.

Diplomacy for me personally, is incredible important and makes/breaks a mid-late game. For it to be lacking seems incredible wastefull.

There is already a spiritual successor of warband's diplomacy with alliances, non-aggression pacts, civil wars and more and it's amazing, just a shame we have rely on mods yet again for something so fundamental to the game experience.

I was sure that after seen diplomacy being the base upon which all warband mods were built that TW would implement those functions into native bannerlord, guess it's too "complex" for their tastes...

Honestly I am just hoping they fix peace deals. The fact that you can get peace at any time and the AI cant say no is wonderfully exploitative. IDK why they dont use the barter system for peace negotiations.

I don't think alliances would be good in bannerlord. There simply are not enough factions in my opinion. You would only end with 2-3 'alliances' in the game, it wouldnt really be that dynamic.

Does that mode make peace deals not unilateral? I have been looking for a mod that does that.
They haven't changed peace deals yet (don't know if it's in the plans) but that would be awesome, peace treaties really should utilize that transaction menu to negotiate who keeps what, pays which sum in reparations and other finer details of the treaty, it makes no sense to have that awesome menu and not utilize it in the most important part..

Imagine if you could take half of Vlandia in one war and then give them most fiefs back in the treaty in exchange of a huge gold payment, a vassalage treaty etc

Back
Top Bottom