Do we know the extent that children/spouses can have in running your faction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bobybobp

Recruit
I'm just wondering to what extent the children (not necessarily young, could be grown-ups) and spouses will have in-game and what your thoughts are for how they might be added?

Are they going to basically be able to run your fiefs and castles when you are on the field?

Could we choose to select one of the children over another given on their previous ability to run things or based on their stats? I feel like this could add a huge system to the game on a similar level to Crusader Kings in terms of running your kingdom.

What's everyones thoughts on a system like this?

*Disclaimer* I have only really seen the children dev blog on this so not sure to what extent might already have been specified for in-game content.

I wouldn't recommend giving your nine year old a fief. Then tend to lack the management skills to run them effectively.

In one of the gamescom videos it showed that you could appoint companions or members of your clan as governors of towns and then depending on their skills and personality traits I believe the town would get different bonuses. It would definitely be cool if there was some crusader kings esque stuff that played off of this.

I would imagine you should be able to give your child (even as adults they are still your children) a fief to manage as lord or a governor position as a companion.

And when you die of old age you should be able to select an heir to play as the main character. If the heir is already a lord I'd imagine his/her fiefs, items, money, companions, combine with yours and you now play as the heir.

Far as i understand it, your family members can't be lords. They can be governors, or they can lead their own party of troops, or presumably they be a 'companion' in your own party. But the head of the Clan is the 'lord' of all the Clan's fiefs. If the faction ruler awards a fief to someone, it is to the head of a clan, and that fief is then owned collectively by the Clan - and effectively by the Clan leader.

Far as i understand it, your family members can't be lords. They can be governors, or they can lead their own party of troops, or presumably they be a 'companion' in your own party. But the head of the Clan is the 'lord' of all the Clan's fiefs. If the faction ruler awards a fief to someone, it is to the head of a clan, and that fief is then owned collectively by the Clan - and effectively by the Clan leader.
That is what i think aswell :smile: only the clan leader is a "lord"

Can we choose one of the family members (wife, uncle, father-in-law, grandfather, etc.) to play during compulsory rest periods due to temporary damages and diseases that heal over time?

Back
Top Bottom