Do u like random companion generation?

do u like randoma companion generation

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The death option makes it a must, as once the game fully implements the replenishment of heroes feature or even future generations then you will need randomly generated companions to replace those that die off.

No, I hate it. I think it makes the companions feel interchangeable and not very interesting. As bare bones as Warband companions were, they at least felt like real characters. I was really hoping Bannerlord would have companions who'd be more fleshed out versions of that with interesting backstories and maybe even their own quests. Instead we got these generic auto-generated ones that just feel like nothing at all to me.

To be fair, I do think the procedurally generated companion system is interesting, just not for the mainline companions. There's a mod that came out the other day where you could promote good soldiers into companions. That seems like the perfect kind of use for this system. But the main companions should be real unique characters.

Not really, but I could see a combination of carefully crafted companions and genreated ones working well. I assume you can mod in precreated compainons at least?

Last edited:
Yes, I like randomly generated companions as an idea, current implementation though - not so much.

I wish them to be level 3-5 and have more or less even attribute distribution, so I can forge them into something I need. Currently I have to use mod to respec them.

But also, I like idea predefined companions with some story/quest attached. maybe we can have a mix?

I believe I read somewhere that handmade companions are planned, can't tell you where though so don't count on it.
There was a reddit post (here) where someone listed all features referenced in the xml files that were cut/disabled, and hand crafted companions were among them. I don't think we have an answer to the question of whether they are in the works or ended up on the chopping block though.

Not really. At first I thought it would be cool so there isn't like a standard set of companion to go for. But it turns out we always do go for the standard few and ignore the rest anyway.

This world feels really lonely. Even with 5 companions, a wife and 5 children, and a hundred men behind me it always feels like its just me + a bunch of irrelevant men.

Another problem I have with companions is that the best use for them is to send them out to lead parties and caravans or do your quests, so they're always away. You can't really call them "companions" when you hardly ever see them.

For me it's the reason I stopped playing. I don't mind bugs, lack of content, quest issues, ...

But really not even a few companions that you can rely on or work with. If you put them in a party and want to upgrade their gear it's a hassle. You are never really sure of their potential. Their perks are a mess, and so on.
I know it's not WB annymore but I miss Ymira, Jeremus, klethi, ....

I hope they have time to work on companion issues in the near future

Maybe my expectations were to high?

I always check the companions that are generated at the start of every game, and if there's nobody thats decent (i.e. a spicevendor) then I just reroll. I wish we could tell companions in game to go away forever, so that they get replaced by someone potentially better. The comapnions that only have combat stats and no other utility stats are useless.

I guess I somewhat understand why they did it this way...but that's not the same as liking it. I just don't. Shrug.

At very least, they need to ensure that there's an acceptable distribution of random character types...in my current playthrough, there's not a single healer in the whole continent (at least, none visible in encyclopedia...which I'm learning isn't necessarily the same thing. Another little issue which needs a look at some point when priorities might allow).

Surely you Taleworlds can combine this function? I like it but sure, why not have some regulars? Wish there wasn't a companion cap though. Or maybe more reasons to increase your cap, like storyline events where you save a guy from getting murdered by 'guildmasters', making massive cash expenditures to pay off their debts.

I'm sure something good will come about once we've smoothed over the rough edges. Maybe there will be a mod that'll resolve this.

I really don't want hand-crafted companions for a sandbox like this, because ... we already know exactly what's going to happen. People will analyze those companions, the "recommended best companions" list is going to come out, and everybody will soon make it a "common sense" to use the exact same set of companions -- or, use a certain combination that has some sort of unintended effects and breaks balance somehow.

I actually want the companions to be even more variety of random in their stats. The suffix/nickname could provide a certain "type" but the actual stats should vary -- and then with each new game, I'll get to look who's who.

I really don't want... "Ok.. new game.. where's my doctor Jeremus..." again.

I like it OK, except that it seems like the vast majority of them spawned in with "Cruel" in my most recent game start, which doesn't really fit well with an honorable goody-two-shoes type playthrough.

Back
Top Bottom