Do troops use multiple projectile weapons for more ammo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Asking as I'm making custom troops in Morgh's Editor. Warband v1.174

For example, if you have a troop has a sword, shield (guaranteed), and two copies of the same throwing weapon in their inventory, does that fill all 4 equip slots for double ammo ingame or will they only use one? How about different throwing weapons? Ammo for bows/crossbows?

Solution
If I'm right they only pick one item per weapon type, e.g. they would not pick two one-handed swords but only one, so that's the same for ranged weapons and ammo (arrows/bolts/cartridges). This happens even when you use two different items of the same type - I tried with firearms in my mod: one of the troops I use has two rifles in its inventory. Half of the units spawn with the first rifle and the other half spawn with the second rifle. But I have never seen any of them have both rifles in their weapon slots.

That's the same principle with ammo, so you may need to work on a new item with more ammo to be used only by bots, but so that the human player would need two items
If I'm right they only pick one item per weapon type, e.g. they would not pick two one-handed swords but only one, so that's the same for ranged weapons and ammo (arrows/bolts/cartridges). This happens even when you use two different items of the same type - I tried with firearms in my mod: one of the troops I use has two rifles in its inventory. Half of the units spawn with the first rifle and the other half spawn with the second rifle. But I have never seen any of them have both rifles in their weapon slots.

That's the same principle with ammo, so you may need to work on a new item with more ammo to be used only by bots, but so that the human player would need two items

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom