Do TaleWorlds Plan on allowing us to Make Camp? As in Previous M+B Games?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Making camp (along with some actions to actually do in camp) is another thing that would add some much-needed depth to the game. (Plus I don't think it would needs lots and lots of coding?)

But I can't remember if this is actually planned by TW?

This is too vague, what would you want this camp to have? I only remember using it in Warband because some mods put their config options under a menu in the camp. If it is just an option to pass the time, I think it would be a waste of development time.

Maybe using the camp as a field hospital, grating more healing than being in a mobile state but less than staying in a settlement, but also being riskier if you got caught while in this state, maybe spawning your cavalry dismounted, or reinforcements slowly spawning from tents instead of a full force ready to go. Allowing the player to fortify a position with stakes and such to provide an advantage against an incoming army could be an option as well.

This is too vague, what would you want this camp to have? I only remember using it in Warband because some mods put their config options under a menu in the camp. If it is just an option to pass the time, I think it would be a waste of development time.

Maybe using the camp as a field hospital, grating more healing than being in a mobile state but less than staying in a settlement, but also being riskier if you got caught while in this state, maybe spawning your cavalry dismounted, or reinforcements slowly spawning from tents instead of a full force ready to go. Allowing the player to fortify a position with stakes and such to provide an advantage against an incoming army could be an option as well.
Vague? Haha! this is tale worlds we are talking about! Honestly, I'm too jaded and cynical to make super specific requests at this stage. (I've done that many times before) I would just be happy just to see any kind of camp mechanic.

I will take whatever I can get... as long as it adds depth to what is currently an empty shell of a game. I do like your ideas and suggestions though.

Making camp (along with some actions to actually do in camp) is another thing that would add some much-needed depth to the game. (Plus I don't think it would needs lots and lots of coding?)

But I can't remember if this is actually planned by TW?
This has been asked and requested more than once, but no answer from TW as of yet.

One of the features I most want to see in Bannerlord is related to the camping mechanism and that's troop quarters!

In Warband mods like Viking Conquest and A World of Ice and Fire it is possible to make troop quarters (completely different from the refuge which requires time and resources to build). Troop quarters allows you to quickly partition your party and leave a portion of you warband on the map. This is so important if you want to track down a smaller, quicker force.

This has been asked and requested more than once, but no answer from TW as of yet.

One of the features I most want to see in Bannerlord is related to the camping mechanism and that's troop quarters!

In Warband mods like Viking Conquest and A World of Ice and Fire it is possible to make troop quarters (completely different from the refuge which requires time and resources to build). Troop quarters allows you to quickly partition your party and leave a portion of you warband on the map. This is so important if you want to track down a smaller, quicker force.

Oh that feature was awesome in viking conquest, specially if i had a big army but not so many ships and wanted to go viking or trading overseas so i used to left most of my army in a good spot close to the sea and take my elite guys until they filled my ships to go out, loved doing raiding runs on those pesky christian villages and their monasteries sitting in gold and amber and later selling it all in Frisia or the other kingdoms that didn't hated me yet lol

Oh that feature was awesome in viking conquest, specially if i had a big army but not so many ships and wanted to go viking or trading overseas so i used to left most of my army in a good spot close to the sea and take my elite guys until they filled my ships to go out, loved doing raiding runs on those pesky christian villages and their monasteries sitting in gold and amber and later selling it all in Frisia or the other kingdoms that didn't hated me yet lol
Oh indeed! I believe you were able to have 2 troop quarters at once, so if you had a single ship and a party that was larger than the ship's capacity you could ferry your men over to wherever you were going taking multiple trips.

Hi all, I believe that we need camp mechanic, for one thing to force armies to slow down and also could led to other mechanics to be implemented. I have done a Post in suggestions about such mechanics.

In general that armies have a "stamina" that is consumed when travelling and restored when resting, if npc/players goes on without resting to have debuff party and combat, the same on the contrary.

Plus also having a permanent camp like in Viking Conquest to store troops without a field, train them and so would be nice.

How are we gonna read our books if we can't make camp?
What are we gonna do in our camp if we gots no books?

I would like a mobile base or hide out with some features, like storing some troops, training exercise, gathering resources/food.
"Camp" in warband was juts a visual icon/scene with no actual difference between what happens in BL when we FF in place on map.

Hi all, I believe that we need camp mechanic, for one thing to force armies to slow down and also could led to other mechanics to be implemented. I have done a Post in suggestions about such mechanics.

In general that armies have a "stamina" that is consumed when travelling and restored when resting, if npc/players goes on without resting to have debuff party and combat, the same on the contrary.

Plus also having a permanent camp like in Viking Conquest to store troops without a field, train them and so would be nice.
A stamina system for armies/parties in the campaign map would be wonderful and add so much immersion if implemented for player and AI, they sort of have a working system that maybe could be adapted for this with cohesion since it works more or less the same just with different outcomes (party disbanding instead of losing morale and being forced to make camp to rest)

Vague? Haha! this is tale worlds we are talking about! Honestly, I'm too jaded and cynical to make super specific requests at this stage. (I've done that many times before) I would just be happy just to see any kind of camp mechanic.

I will take whatever I can get... as long as it adds depth to what is currently an empty shell of a game. I do like your ideas and suggestions though.

To be honest, I don't really think they will ever pick up complex suggestions that would mean complete new features, best we are going to get out of suggestions is small things like the settlement icons and other quality of life stuff that has no impact on the campaign.

I never really played Viking Conquest, I mean I played the version they had before going over it again and coming out with what it seems to be a whole new game. It was really bad at release. But this is a good feature to have, especially for people that don't want to join kingdoms and have their own fiefs.

I'm certain that some of the feats that you get are directly related to making a camp. Healing feats and the like.... But you can't make camps to use it.

I would love a camp option where you also could enter the camp scene and walk around and see your troops and the camp scaled with your army. Like if you got 1-10 = small camp, 10-50 medium camp, 50-100 bug camp and 100+ huge camp. And you got your own king/general tent in wich you can have different options and you can interact with your troops and they do different things like some are patroling, some sitting around a campfire and talking etc.

I know this wont happen in the vanilla game, even tho I would really like it. Maybe some mod in the future can do this.

They still haven't gotten around to fixing their javelin based economy.
:xf-grin:

On topic:

- making camp could increase healing rate, cohesion, moral
- if you are low on foot you could send some of your soldiers hunting
- train your troops
- build some defended scaling with party size
- park your main force while scouting with a smaller party
- read a book
- inspect your troops (just eye candy)
- make babies

Just a few random suggestions.

Having never played warband or any of those mods, that is a feature I've been hoping for since I started playing Bannerlord.

"Troop Quarters" in Viking Conquest makes no sense because the AI cannot interact with it. I remember using that feature to amass an army that I could not otherwise have transported simultaneously with my ships, next to an enemy town to conquer it. I also recall putting all my men into the troop quarters to increase my party's speed and successfully escape from an enemy party that was faster than mine, whom I collected back later.

Yet another past feature of previous titles, like so many other cool little features that feel to be missing, that I honestly took for granted would be included in Bannerlord and maybe expanded upon from day one. Sadly no.

Back
Top Bottom