Do skills stack in armies (not in my party) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lluid

Recruit
I'm wondering if I should work on skills like engineering, medicine, tactics, scouting or leadership on party leaders of my clan : I know they get skill xp on those, and they work when they're alone, but do they matter when we are in an army that I lead ?

Engineering : do armies with multiple parties build faster than a single one ?

Medicine and leadership : are casualty survival chance / morale calculated differently for troops of different parties in a single army ?

Tactics : I'm not even sure but I think tactics increases battle advantage, i.e. your army will start with a bigger troop ratio. Example : 100vs100 you could have 100vs80(+20 reinforcements). If it's true, does is stack when there are multiple nobles in the army ? It seems so but I could be misinterpreting an effect from troop count.

Scouting : Do better scouts as party leaders contribute to the army going faster ? (hard to test currently because of the food hoarding situation)

I don't know about the others, but I think for Medicine, each commander's Med skill affects just his own troops. At least that's what it looks like from the casualty reports. The lords with low med always seem to get more deaths the high med ones.

On a related note, I'm curious about how many of the Party Leader perks work for lords in AI battles. I've got a companion with 300 Medicine leading a party and I wonder if all his troops are actually getting the +50hp when he's on his own. From what I understand the autobattle calculations are very simplistic so I'm never sure if those perks mean anything or not

Medicine and leadership : are casualty survival chance / morale calculated differently for troops of different parties in a single army ?
Yes. Although I'm not sure what effect the other parties moral has, I suspect maybe only your party moral is used when you command the army.
Tactics : I'm not even sure but I think tactics increases battle advantage, i.e. your army will start with a bigger troop ratio. Example : 100vs100 you could have 100vs80(+20 reinforcements). If it's true, does is stack when there are multiple nobles in the army ? It seems so but I could be misinterpreting an effect from troop count.
I actually don't know if it does that in Bannerlord. I don't know if other parties get tactics skill in live battle with you either, I think you get all the credit.

Scouting : Do better scouts as party leaders contribute to the army going faster ?
I think speed perks up their speed and then it's averaged out for the army..... but I don't know.

Engineering, they gain it when you siege but it's not clear to me if/how the skill of other party leaders in my army is helping me.

I try to get them going on steward and medicine as I think those are the most useful on a party leader.

Thanks guys, seems we all would like more info on this.
I wonder if all his troops are actually getting the +50hp when he's on his own
Indeed, the feeling when chosing perks is too often "that won't probably make any difference anyway".
I don't know if other parties get tactics skill in live battle with you either, I think you get all the credit.
I actually learned about this today : after I fell in the middle of a battle, my brother took charge of the army and quickly gained many tactics points (his skill was still very low). I wish that would work when we delegate command !
I think speed perks up their speed and then it's averaged out for the army..... but I don't know.
It's more complicated than that, since two parties going at the same speed will go slower after merging, and also mounts are shared so that you can hold mounts for other parties who are overburdened (which is great). I wish the tooltip gave more info on how the "base" part of speed calculation is obtained.
I try to get them going on steward and medicine as I think those are the most useful on a party leader.
Indeed, it seems reasonable to focus on that after all (aside from a few perks in scout).

Back
Top Bottom