Do people prefer Bannerlord over Warband?

Bannerlord or Warband - which do u play more.

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Warband was great at its time, but lets be honest, it just doesen't withstand against todays standards, even with mods, its just not playable for me anymore. Its like a first relationship. It was great back then and all, but you moved on and don't want to go back to it. Bannerlord has a long way to go for sure, but its already way more mature and has so much more potential..

Bannerlord. Though I still miss an ol' Warband companion upgrade system, I could not play WB after BL.

According to Steamcharts:

Bannerlord 9,405.8 average concurrent players.

Warband 4,270.5 average concurrent players.

Not everyone plays via steam though.
This. At least I can speak of the post-soviet space, where most people (like myself) bought Warband disc at the nearest shop. And it was hell of a lot cheaper, than online or steam (was it even on steam on release?). Personally I got it for 12$ back then.

So the statistics might be different.

Bannerlord has a much better engine, plays much smoother and in a more pleasing way.
BUT it is lacking in immersion, and I play chiefly for immersion. Also, it's just not finished, and I have a hard time investing lots of hours in a game when half of it is not yet working. And another important point, the world map is absolutely disgusting and manages to usually drives me away rather quickly (not its appearance, but its design).

So despite how superior BL is in many areas, I actually play very little of it, and mainly Warband.
Can't wait for BL to be finished and fixed so I can switch to it, though.

Bannerlord. Though I still miss an ol' Warband companion upgrade system, I could not play WB after BL.

This. At least I can speak of the post-soviet space, where most people (like myself) bought Warband disc at the nearest shop. And it was hell of a lot cheaper, than online or steam (was it even on steam on release?). Personally I got it for 12$ back then.

So the statistics might be different.
I don't think it was available on steam initially. But I can't remember, everything is kind of blurred. I started playing with a demo version and bought it later.

Bannerlord is better, even though lacking content. What's nice about it though is that it has lots of potential. I just hope the devs know how to take advantage of it.

BL for sure, I played Warband for 1700 hours. I was literally addicted to it... then bannerlord came out and "MERASMUS" I can't play Warband right now. It feels so dull, so ugly (insert some bad words here)

Though, ofc I'm talking about singleplayer. I automatically open Warband if I want to play multiplayer.

^ same here
after palaying red dead 2 banerlord is ugly for me now

Current way the SP is headed, it is already if not better then native.

Though mods currently make warband SP a lot more enjoyable.

As for bannerlord MP, you just have to see how much people went back to warband as soon as bannerlord MP came out to be a fiasco.

Warband MP is far superior, I hate the class system soo much I have no words for it, absolutely butchered MP and it only caters too few gamemodes and dumb E-sports, while leaving the rest in the dirt, never liked captain mode or this skirmish capture the flag thing, I hope this changes when unoffical servers release and people can mod it, OR MAYBE if taleworld is nice and dont abandon what made warband MP fun they add options choice between gear system and class system for players having their own unoffical server if not PLEASE modders add it in, still the longevity of warbands SP definitely has great mods, but Bannerlord will definitely be greater already some sick ass mods on the nexus.

For me Warband with mods is like 50 times better than bannerlord.

And If I compare vanilla, still wins warband, since despite having more potential, need to fix major issues that prevent me to enjoy the gameplay, and implement missing features that are on roadmap.

I can't enjoy a game that needs major balances on economy, map ai decisions, unfinished perk trees and have non functional sieges yet.

Would be aswell awesome to fix IA and stop the train of soldiers following a target, but that is a problem on both aswell.

And then is rpg part, but both lack hard on that so, no point on complain.

Last edited:
I don't think it was available on steam initially. But I can't remember, everything is kind of blurred. I started playing with a demo version and bought it later.

It definitely wasn't. In fact i think it was only a couple years ago they even gave everyone the ability to redeem the game on steam if they already bought it in the early days. I remember when the steam purchasing became available you could redeem and download the game directly from taleworlds but not the other way round.
also why i've also got 3.4 hours on steam but many thousands in actuality.

It definitely wasn't. In fact i think it was only a couple years ago they even gave everyone the ability to redeem the game on steam if they already bought it in the early days. I remember when the steam purchasing became available you could redeem and download the game directly from taleworlds but not the other way round.
also why i've also got 3.4 hours on steam but many thousands in actuality.
If I remember correctly it ws like 2014 or something I may be messing it up with something else though

Well, I think the poll would be skewed because you posted it in the BL section; the results would flip if posted in the Warband section.

...Actually:...
- Bannerlord singleplayer
- Warband multiplayer

This.

I've got around 6000 hours on Warband, from playing numerous mods to playing Native competitive. The feel of the combat and the skill ceiling is unparalleled.

I've played bannerlord since the Alpha and have only clocked in around 120 hours, though with more updates it does seem to get more appealing. I'll probably return eventually when some of the more major issues (such as game-modes, balance and PERK SYSTEM) get fixed/changed.

Even in the sad state the game is in, Bannerlord, 100%. No Warband graphics, never again. I have to admit that I use some mods to make BL at least "acceptable", without mods I would presumably do not play at all.

Back
Top Bottom