Do NPCs use lordly/masterwork items at all, or are they purely a player advantage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just wondering, I've been considering skipping them which might be nice aesthetically, since certain Lordly/Masterwork drops are so much more common my gear is too often very similar across campaigns.

I'm assuming they're player only since I've never seen one on a lord/lady's gear via marriage, but not sure.

You'd think they don't, but they do, in battle.

The game rolls for modifiers on equipment BEFORE battle; that's the only way you get the items in the first place.

You'd think they don't, but they do, in battle.

The game rolls for modifiers on equipment BEFORE battle; that's the only way you get the items in the first place.
Are you sure? I had assumed that modifiers get generated during the loot generation step and don’t affect the battle before.

Are you sure? I had assumed that modifiers get generated during the loot generation step and don’t affect the battle before.

It would be weird if the metallurgy perk buffed NPCs indirectly by making their gear better before battles lol.

If this is how it works I'd wonder if the two interact that way.

But I always figured the negative modifiers at least were supposed to be a result of the battle damaging gear.

I propose to add insult to injury Sturgia gets 20% more negative modifiers as a hidden penalty.

Battania should get 30% more, but only because that just makes sense.

This raises so many questions. Do both negative and positive modifiers generate before the battle, or just positive modifiers? Do they only generate for lord equipment or are they generated on regular troop equipment, too? Do they generate only for enemy equipment or is it on ally equipment, too?

Come to think of it, I assumed that loot generation was only based on defeated enemies, but do dead allies also generate loo?

Back
Top Bottom