Do Lord/companion recruit troops

Users who are viewing this thread

kalarhan said:
iicecube said:
Hi everyone, I still wondering when starting a Kingdom myself, will my Lords recruit troops into their rule town/castle or I need to buy for them?

your vassals are just like any AI lord

True but still they don't really garrison troops in the castle I gave to them? I waited a few days still zero troop without any seige..
For other Kingdoms after seige, they will automatically garrison troops..

iicecube said:
kalarhan said:
iicecube said:
Hi everyone, I still wondering when starting a Kingdom myself, will my Lords recruit troops into their rule town/castle or I need to buy for them?

your vassals are just like any AI lord

True but still they don't really garrison troops in the castle I gave to them? I waited a few days still zero troop without any seige..
For other Kingdoms after seige, they will automatically garrison troops..

Are you talking about a castle you gave to them without troops in it? If so, they will eventually garrison it, but it takes place slowly over time like AI Lords. If not it may be a bug. If you want to see if it is a bug, save your game and go into infinite camp fro a month. By then you should see him increasing the garrison to similar levels as the other AI Lords have.

iicecube said:
Ya it's empty castle I gave it to my lord.. Hmm what does infinite camp option do?

its like camping... really fast :XD, so you can advance time

Or just wait more than 1 or 2 weeks, a few days is not enough for triggers.

I just tested it and it seems other lord's garrison doesn't replenish. I waited a month to see any change in number of men in garrison but it  stayed same. I think i must write it to issues topic . My version is 1.03 btw

istanbul5 said:
I just tested it and it seems other lord's garrison doesn't replenish. I waited a month to see any change in number of men in garrison but it  stayed same. I think i must write it to issues topic . My version is 1.03 btw

Well the model is they should attempt to keep a certain number based on renown, properties owned, etc. So, do you men they did not replenish from zero, or did not grow from say 150 or 400.

I still remember how I learned this in Native Warband had a female character and left my field army of Slaver Chiefs in my husbands castle. Went off tot eh other side of the map and did not dome back for some time. When I did I found they were gone, along with most of about 200 other troops I thought I could stash there for free.

Ivan Khan said:
istanbul5 said:

Well the model is they should attempt to keep a certain number based on renown, properties owned, etc. So, do you men they did not replenish from zero, or did not grow from say 150 or 400.

I still remember how I learned this in Native Warband had a female character and left my field army of Slaver Chiefs in my husbands castle. Went off tot eh other side of the map and did not dome back for some time. When I did I found they were gone, along with most of about 200 other troops I thought I could stash there for free.

Garrison was like 70-80 men but did not replenish single man. Can anyone confirm it or i will reinstall my game :neutral:

istanbul5 said:
Garrison was like 70-80 men but did not replenish single man. Can anyone confirm it or i will reinstall my game :neutral:

I'm experiencing the same, it seems the AI only fills up some of their castles with a lot of units and others with less than a 100. But in my game at least it cuts both ways, both my allies and enemies have a hard time garrisoning some castles and towns beyond 60-80 men so to me it's not a problem.
I don't think reinstalling is going to do anything for you. This game albeit without any gamebreaking bugs anymore still has a lot of minor flaws and small irritating mishaps that for the most part is easy to overlook. In my game for example, the lord whose daughter i married is unable to replensh a single unit and just sits idle in his town ordering me on all kinds of weird missions.

There were some bugs with garrisoning which will be fixed in 1.04. If anything some garrisons will grow pretty big over time (as with native garrison strength depends on the prosperity).

JuJu70 said:
There were some bugs with garrisoning which will be fixed in 1.04. If anything some garrisons will grow pretty big over time (as with native garrison strength depends on the prosperity).

Tell me about it, in my playthrough Tomtun has 2200+ units garrisoned. We will need the help of Thor and Odin both...

harlehus said:
JuJu70 said:

Tell me about it, in my playthrough Tomtun has 2200+ units garrisoned. We will need the help of Thor and Odin both...

Imagine such an epic siege

Hmm so is it now not the right time to play own kingdom as that is some bugs as mention about garrison?
To have below 100 men guard the castle is impossible..

Mates, if I give 2 castles to the same lord, he will garrison them slower? Or what kind of logic this game uses in this particular situation?

MasterVegito said:
Mates, if I give 2 castles to the same lord, he will garrison them slower? Or what kind of logic this game uses in this particular situation?

Well, currently it is bugged. But they should grow independently based on type and prosperity of the fife.

Back
Top Bottom